WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What do you do for a living?

cofooter

Reaction score
Strategic Commodities Manager for a large computer storage device company. I work with suppliers on the critical electronics parts that go into our products.

wash11

Reaction score
Should have thought about that when they decided not to make that payment(s). Just sayin

Everyone makes a bad decision from time to time, some more than others. Unexpected divorce, workplace accidents, injuries, illness, cancer, illness/cancer of a family member or child/parent that suddenly needs care, downsizing/laid off are just a few of examples that start the domino's falling . 22 years on the job and I've seen enough to know NO ONE is immune to the punches life gives out. Rarely do I come across someone that simply "decides" to quit making payments.

Just Ducky

Reaction score
I have worked for the same company for 27 years building heat transfer equipment for aircraft.We build condensers and all types of oil coolers ,cabin pressurization ,turbo pumps,i.r. suppressors ect. ect.I run the aluminum heat treating proccess.It's been good to me,just a blue collar working guy.If it flies chances are there are parts on it I have handled.

milkmoney

Reaction score
I am going to say fed ex, you can put that to the inmate on rdp.......for some reason Verizon thinks I work for boeing and gives me a hell of a corporate discount..so I guess for once in my life, I can say I am a corporate whore, or jus a whore...:)

Mrdeadair

Reaction score
Writer Producer and Editor for a televison network I don't make the tv shows, I make the trailers for the tv shows.

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
I am going to say fed ex, you can put that to the inmate on rdp.......for some reason Verizon thinks I work for boeing and gives me a hell of a corporate discount..so I guess for once in my life, I can say I am a corporate whore, or jus a whore...:)

I can pin that tail on that donkey! ;)

As for me... Just a Finish Carpenter. :cool:

sent from a van at the waters edge.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Writer Producer and Editor for a televison network I don't make the tv shows, I make the trailers for the tv shows.

So, between you, FlyinRyan,Spot, Sharp Shooter and myself we should be able to produce some sick boating videos? :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Dialogue editor/sound recordist for a major studio. Pushing 28 years,(basically with same company), was hoping to make 30 but that's not looking good. More changes (layoffs) are a coming and I bet by August/Sept I'm in the just lost my job group.:(

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
Generally, I make decisions for people that can't do it for themselves. More of a life counselor I guess.

Aka firefighter/paramedic for City of Phoenix.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

I do fire sprinkler work at Warner Bros. Just bid a job in stage #20 and got a job over at the parking structure across the street. :)

Enen

Reaction score
I just took a company public. (with a group of people of course) Our stock symbol is CRMI. We buy oil production from existing oil wells.

tkrrox

Reaction score
I'm a monkey with a hammer. Not the "hammer"

General contractor. But not smart enough to figure out how not to still work on site.

SeanRitchie

Reaction score
Does this mean we can get a really good deal from you on a new Weddle HV1 box???!

I can definitely set you up with one, we dont really budge on pricing though. They are priced as low as we can.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Machinist in my own shop.

I boss myself around mostly, and my clients also tell me what they want me to do.

Lately I tried to be superman, when I heal up from that failed attempt, I'll stick to making chips.

Brian

Last edited:

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Machinist in my own shop.

I boss myself around mostly, and my clients also tell me what they want me to do.

Lately I tried to be superman, when I heal up from that failed attempt, I'll stick to making chips.

Brian

I hear you machinists referencing chips, is that what you call every part you make? Curious about the lingo.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I hear you machinists referencing chips, is that what you call every part you make? Curious about the lingo.

Im talking about the chips the tooling cuts off. Make sense?

If I am making chips, I am making parts.

Brian

Howardflat

Bad MFer
Reaction score
Water and sewer maintenance worker for the city of Boulder City. (turd herder)

brgrcru

Reaction score
Own the smallest and oldest Bowling alley in So Cal. 8 lanes and all we do is have parties and events. my life is a constant party. so when i leave here, i kind of like being where there is no party.

Meaney77

Reaction score
I can definitely set you up with one, we dont really budge on pricing though. They are priced as low as we can.

Thanks man, you will be the first to know when I am ready to pull the trigger!

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Own the smallest and oldest Bowling alley in So Cal. 8 lanes and all we do is have parties and events. my life is a constant party. so when i leave here, i kind of like being where there is no party.

Is that the one in Montrose?

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
Is that the one in Montrose?

If that's the one in Montrose I'm thinking of, I remember bowling there about 30 years ago. I remember it being right down the street from a ski/board shop at the time.

DogNamedChevy

Motor Boating
Reaction score
Water Treatment Operator for MWD. Keep on pissing in the Channel! :monkeypee

h2o225

Reaction score
I looked at going to work for mwd a long time ago. Hard place to get in. I applied at the pumpming staion between indio and the river.
Now work for the state as treatment operator. Still wouldn't mind trying again. You must have a long commute time.

DogNamedChevy

Motor Boating
Reaction score
I looked at going to work for mwd a long time ago. Hard place to get in. I applied at the pumpming staion between indio and the river.
Now work for the state as treatment operator. Still wouldn't mind trying again. You must have a long commute time.

Ah...Hinds Pumping Plant. I feel pretty fortunate to get in with MWD. Not a bad place to work for as compared to the last water agency I worked for. Commute is about 1hr each way. I wasn't aware the state had treatment plants? Whereabouts is your plant located?

Havasu1986...yes. The giant plant just above the golf course.

Wayne Zighter

B list Member
Reaction score
I'm a dumb overpaid welder for a company that does specialized loading and unloading for the port of San Diego and specialized heavy hauling

Attachments

• blade.jpg
    blade.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 41

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I organize the fun family stuff for the family.
I was on the public watering trough and sold my private HVAC and refrigeration business and retired.

Wife is an RN at USC Hospital. She likes her work and stays on in addition to Maynard gets a full ride through USC/Pepperdine of she stays with USC.
That's a lotta lettuce saved.

CornWater

Hey Now!!!
Reaction score
I organize the fun family stuff for the family.
I was on the public watering trough and sold my private HVAC and refrigeration business and retired.

Wife is an RN at USC Hospital. She likes her work and stays on in addition to Maynard gets a full ride through USC/Pepperdine of she stays with USC.

Great hospital! My wife's cousin is an oncologist there....

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Maynard gets a full ride through USC/Pepperdine of she stays with USC.

That is a huge chunk, wow! We're saving for college now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
Good thread Boschma!

I run an agricultural daycare facility. I pay 40+ people to let me babysit them and cooridinate activities like specialized bovine care, tractor operation, maintenance and repair, and irrigated crop care. When I get to go home, I work for my wife who pays all the bills. Some days I hide in my office and pretend to do all the above while I'm really killing time on RDP!

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
After my trip to Ruidoso Downs I'm thinking about changing my profession to "Betting on horse racing" :thumbsup:D

Shit ROC, next time you're going let me know I'll meet you up there! We have a couple ponies running this weekend and next. I think we're going Sunday, and next week I'll be there Thurs maybe thru Sunday.

ROC

lets have a beer
Reaction score
Shit ROC, next time you're going let me know I'll meet you up there! We have a couple ponies running this weekend and next. I think we're going Sunday, and next week I'll be there Thurs maybe thru Sunday.

What's your horses names? My buddy's last name is Hubbard. He and his dad have several horses that fun their. Mostly quarter horses and a few thoroughbreds.

I stood next to the gate when they started the quarter horses. Impressive to say the least.