WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Firefighters in AZ: 18 Die in Blaze

jetboatmatt

Reaction score
This hits home really bad!!! Praying for there family's!!! Can't believe this!!!

941Punk

some beach, somewhere.
Reaction score
:(

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1372656179619.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372656179619.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 16

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
A lot of these guys were friends and clients of mine... :(. 19 guys in all. These guys were all at the charity event that many of you donated to for child abuse. Just a terrible unthinkable tragedy. :(
They have lost half of the buildings in Yarnell. 250 so far.
My best friend is a Captain for CYFD and is still fighting this thing... Please say a prayer for the families and those still in the fight. And say a prayer for my town... It's a firefighting town and this is going to be a very hard deal to recover from :(

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Terrible news.. :( It's almost surreal in the sheer #'s of it. Definitely a dark day in AZ today. RIP to those that fought bravely for the safety of others. :(

RD

Ibeplumbing

Reaction score
A lot of these guys were friends and clients of mine... :(. 19 guys in all. These guys were all at the charity event that many of you donated to for child abuse. Just a terrible unthinkable tragedy. :(
They have lost half of the buildings in Yarnell. 250 so far.
My best friend is a Captain for CYFD and is still fighting this thing... Please say a prayer for the families and those still in the fight. And say a prayer for my town... It's a firefighting town and this is going to be a very hard deal to recover from :(

Well said, really sad news. Im sorry to hear about your friends RIP

69GS

Reaction score
Terrible news, may they R.I.P:(

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Such sad and tragic news. Locals news saying now confirmed 19 dead and that their life saving tents didnt work properly.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Fireman's Prayer

When I am called to duty, God
whenever flames may rage,
Give me the strength to save some life
Whatever be its age.
Help me to embrace a little child
Before it's too late,
Or some older person
from the horror of that fate.
Enable me to be alert
And hear the weakest shout,
And quickly and efficiently
to put the fire out.
I want to fill my calling
and give the best in me,
To guard my neighbor
And protect his property.
And if according to Your will
I have to lose my life,
Please bless with Your protecting hand
My children and my wife

This is such tragic news :( Prayers sent

callbob

semi flaccid member
Reaction score
awful tragedy. I talked to my sil about the forest fire stuff. He is a fireman in Farmington NM and Cortez Co. He was telling me about the emergency shelters these guys carry. I know there are a lot of Fire guys on here so I am sure they can add if need be.. He was telling me basically if you have to deploy this thing, you are for all purposes, a baked potato situation. A thin sheet of aluminum foil type protection from a broiler like effect. Not a good situation to be in. God Speed to these brave men and women for doing a job few of us want or are qualified to do.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Fox NEws reporting that they normally dig a hole as deep as they can before depolying the tent.

awful tragedy. I talked to my sil about the forest fire stuff. He is a fireman in Farmington NM and Cortez Co. He was telling me about the emergency shelters these guys carry. I know there are a lot of Fire guys on here so I am sure they can add if need be.. He was telling me basically if you have to deploy this thing, you are for all purposes, a baked potato situation. A thin sheet of aluminum foil type protection from a broiler like effect. Not a good situation to be in. God Speed to these brave men and women for doing a job few of us want or are qualified to do.

boatpi

Reaction score
Apparently they were all from the Prescott Fire Department. The department lost 20% of the firefighters in this incident. So sad for all involved.

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
May the fallen rest peacefully.

Reaction score
Those guys died protecting the land that a lot of us love. So sad.

Rest in peace and god speed!

poncho

Reaction score

Correct on the shelter, if you feel the need to use it things are bad. I am horrified by this i spent a summer on a D-4 working fires and the HotShots are some crazy, tough and fun SOB's. First report i saw said they were HotShots but some say they were regular fire, i dunno but much respect for either. The summer i worked them 6 firefighters had died a week earlier and every one was pretty spooked.

Pretty numb to news nowadays but this one is bad.....RIP gentlemen.

waterhorse

Reaction score
No words can express what these families and freinds are going through.

Just Ducky

Reaction score
r.i.p. FIREFIGHTERS.I think sometimes too much is put into saving homes ect.It's certainly not worth someones life.Defend what is defensible with out risking life and limb and let the fire take it's course.Buildings and such can be replaced,fathers sons brothers cannot.

ROC

lets have a beer
Reaction score
Oh Lord.:(

ROC can you really stay on top of this for us? I know that at some point there will be some kind of trust fund set up for the families of these fallen heros, and I would like that information when it is available....as in a contact address for donating, please.

Not much more that I have anymore that isn't already on the news. I'm sure more will be exposed after an investigation.

Man, a death in the fire service is fairly common.

19 deaths of from one incident is crazy.

Shit had to go bad real fast.

matt

Reaction score
That's tough to watch I have many close friends in the fire service it hits home for me as I have worked a little in the fire service as a dozer tender for a few years and everybody ive met in fire camp or on fire lines have been great guys and girls. Prayers go out to the wives,children,parents and workmates!

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Yarnell Hill Fire: Gym goers pay homage to fallen firefighters www.azcentral.comYarnell Hill Fire: Gym goers pay homage to fallen firefighters,Members of the Captain Crossfit gym in Prescott pay tribute one day after deadly blaze.

Andrew and Juliann were great people and regular attendees in my classes. Andrew would come in and work out with his crew mates then wait for Jules to come in so he could workout again with his wife :(

942318_10201013233828604_1938016315_n.jpg

RIP Andrew, Clay, Travis, Travis T., Garret, Robert, Scott, Scott D., Brady , Wade... :(

Last edited:

RJ65

Reaction score
Heartbreaking! RIP our fallen heroes!

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Thanx for the pic Tom..................18 more to go.........................:(

mbrown2

Reaction score
RIP and thoughts and prayers to those families they leave behind. Figured this would hit close to home for Pinktaco...very small tight knit community.

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
My heart just breaks when I see the picture of Andrew's wife and beautiful children who will now go through life without their father........It's such a shame:(

PhyrMnGil

Reaction score
Line of Duty deaths are always tough. It could happen to anyone at any time. Training and preparation is what keeps most men and women safe day to day. You can do everything right and still have an unfourtunate outcome. Nature has a way of doing whatever the hell it wants.

This hits home, 1 is the son of a co-worker, another a member of friends of our family. God Bless these Young men/women and their families.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I recommend "Young Men and Fire" and "Fire on the Mountain" if anyone has an interest into the how this happens. The former was written by Norman Maclean about the Man Gulch fire in Montana and the later was written by his son Jon Maclean concerning the Storm King Mountain fire in Colorado.