WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Best Gas Grille?

Director...
Reaction score
I use my egg mostly.....But my backup Gas grille is shot.....Whats best?...Ducane, Weber?...

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
As long it has cast iron grates....many good ones out there.

nowater

Reaction score
Holland grills are really good, I have one that is over 15 years old and has the original burner. All stainless, high quality burner, rugged, simple.

C-2

Reaction score
Weber Genesis Silver or Gold, mine is about 10 years old now and still works like new, including the ignition.

BUT, with all the hotter grills out there these days, I wish the Weber had more heat to get a good sear on.

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
Weber Genesis Silver or Gold, mine is about 10 years old now and still works like new, including the ignition.

BUT, with all the hotter grills out there these days, I wish the Weber had more heat to get a good sear on.

I have a Weber Silver as well. I have had it at least 11 years. My buddy gave it to after he and his chick broke up. Who knows how long he had it before me. I use it a few times a week and it works great.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Ducane Grills are made by Weber and manufactured in China. Weber Genisis grills are manufactured locally, made of stainless and can be found on sale at a decent price. If matched with some sort of discount coupon they are a bargain. I think my FIL picked one up last year for under $500.

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
Whatever you get, plumb it into natural gas and never look back.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
We had a Ducane that was great, my buddy has a Viking that I love to q on. Right now we have a Costco, I don't think I will do that again. The Webers have got nice. X2 on the natural gas. tell me about your Green Egg, I'm thinking I want one. What size is it?

Director...
Reaction score
We had a Ducane that was great, my buddy has a Viking that I love to q on. Right now we have a Costco, I don't think I will do that again. The Webers have got nice. X2 on the natural gas. tell me about your Green Egg, I'm thinking I want one. What size is it?

I have a black egg...It's a vision...:p...and the food cooked on it, is the best I have ever had...I would get the large version of whichever egg you get....you wont be sorry...

Here's the Vision Egg story...:p

http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/showthread.php?54688-In-my-driveway&highlight=vision+grill

koenig

Reaction score
I'm convinced Weber are the best. Although mine takes awhile to heat up its the best bang for the buck. Have this one: http://bbq.about.com/od/gasgrillreviews/gr/aapr052604b.htm I'm single and mostly cook for myself on it. Don't need a big cooking area. My old neighbor was moving and had garage sale. They couldn't sell the grill and I asked how much? Sold it too me for $20. For what I paid its an awesome grill. Plugs into my houses gas line, so no hauling and filling cylinders.

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
$1800....:(

that's chump change on a mod's salary

I got mine for a couple hundy less.........the quality is way above the rest. A lot heavier gauge materials, burners and outer shell

454Rocket

I thought RDSUX?
Reaction score
I'm a BBQ Freak... I own 4 including a home made unit and a Santa Maria grill.

Gas = Weber. There's just no argument :D

I got mine from Amazon for a great price and no tax

kgt

Reaction score
We bbq year round for the last 20 years and had many, our current bbq is a weber, natural gas. we paid 1400 for it. its our fav so far.:thumbsup

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I have always had webers and can't complain. They are definitely hard to beat.

mlt

Reaction score
Have had a lot of gas grills over the years and BBQ year round ...back with a weber ...great reliable grill for a decent price....:thumbsup!

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
I have a Weber Silver as well. I have had it at least 11 years. My buddy gave it to after he and his chick broke up. Who knows how long he had it before me. I use it a few times a week and it works great.

Don't u have trouble bbqing beans on a grill? :D

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Weber Genesis, badest mo-fo on the patio.

Wakebrdr94

Reaction score
Webers are good, but if you are going to look at weber, check out the kenmore elite. Weber is manufacturing the kenmore elites, and they can be had for less

mobboss

Reaction score
i actually assemble grills ! there are a few that are at the top of my list. # one is the new mission event grill. waiting to buy one . # two is the new weber E330 copper. well made! and last but not least is the smoky hollow tri mate! nice big does it all grill!