WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

GoPro cameras OR are there others...???

Inland Air Balance

Certified in something
Reaction score
I've been thinking about picking up a Gopro camera, but then noticed there are a few others competing in that same market (Sony and iON).
Has anybody tried any of the other brands, or is it just get the latest Gopro Black3+ or nothing type deal?
I'm making myself dizzy trying to compare them all.
Thanks---

Enen

Reaction score
Oregon scientific had some cool ones. I think RD tested them awhile back.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I use the jvc, on sale at best buy it was $129

yz450mm

Reaction score
Look at Contour before you buy anything. I Love mine and there are 3 newer versions with better features than GoPro, imo.

kgt

Reaction score
I have a garmin verb elite. i got for my 12 year old for her mountain bike events. its awesome, simple to use and just works. like the view finder too

HotRod82

Reaction score
My replay XD is excellent too, smallest and lightest of the group. In the end I think all of them are good, one thing go-pro has going for it is all of their accessories are easily found at MC shops....

yz450mm

Reaction score
Contour all day long!

we run 2 gopros and my contour on the race car, the only one that has never failed to record is the contour. It only has one big slide button for on/off, so I can reach up (it's on my helmet) and feel that it's on. You can turn the lens 270 degrees if you need to mount the camera at an angle.

[video=youtube;UhYs_av5pbQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhYs_av5pbQ&list=LLzNIkyNxZK95iFwmimG8nVg&feature=share&index=7"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhYs_av5pbQ&list=LLzNIkyNxZK95iFwmimG8nVg&feature=share&index=7[/video]

Beef Injector

Reaction score
I just used my old school Flip (dont think theyre made anymore) and my Gopro inside the drag car. One down track, one on the driver. The Flip's quality was so much better. I was a little surprised. Could be the viewing software or something but it was noticeable. I tend to believe Gopro is a little like Patron tequila. Mostly marketing.

lavish62

Reaction score
I just used my old school Flip (dont think theyre made anymore) and my Gopro inside the drag car. One down track, one on the driver. The Flip's quality was so much better. I was a little surprised. Could be the viewing software or something but it was noticeable. I tend to believe Gopro is a little like Patron tequila. Mostly marketing.

You nailed it. It's not that they are bad but not as good as their marketing comes off.