WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Another Pit bull attack - 6 year old girl

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Sad news and no way could I watch that video.

kgt

Reaction score
my heart goes out to the family, i find those pictures very hard to look at. poor child.

Marine Industries West

Reaction score
That poor sweet little girl, all excited in her stars and stripes for the forth of July. This is so sad. Loss for words.

Q4mtxUS

Reaction score
Very sad.

I lived in a condo 8 years ago. The neighbors across the driveway in this really tight complex had a Pit bull they got as a gift from friends of theirs whom bred these dogs. I watched that puppy grow rather quickly into a BIG puppy for the short time I lived there. One evening, we were out on the driveway drinking (as we would do night after night[again and again and repeat]) the dog would either be leashed up to somebody's truck bumper or kept inside. That dog was ugly and mean looking but just a puppy. He'd just playfully jump all over peeps, ya know, like a puppy dog so, everybody near this dog had no fear of him. After all, it's just a puppy albeit, BIG. As we're sitting and drinking, a couple of joggers came running by.......and the BIG puppy launched from his lay down position with such strength and speed that ALL of us were effin SHOCKED.....The dog ran up to them to....play. I'll never forget the looks on all our faces but especially, the joggers faces as they were most frightened and completely locked up. Absolutely nothing harmful happened, BUT.....I believe it's the breed of dog that goes INSANE.

Several years had passed and we bumped into each other one day and I would ask about their dog and she said that the dog would exhibit some mean behavior. I believe its the breed.

Enen

Reaction score
I can't ever say I've heard of a Golden Retriever attack. At some point statistics come into play, and you have to look closer at the breed of dog. It is more than just the owner.

boatsntoys

Reaction score
Come on out all you Pit bull advocates.
The girl probably did something inexcusable to that dog. Like playing in the yard sprinklers or eating a sandwich in front of him. Those pits can interpret the most innocent acts as a threat and respond accordingly.

Took my father to dinner a few weeks ago. We came home and there was his happy pit wagging his tail. Entering the house we saw blood and guys. The pit had ripped apart his other little dog. These dogs had been buddies for ten years. My father actually defended his pit. He said it must have been the wild dogs he saw last week that probably got in the house and ripped apart the little dog and then left. WTF ?? Because his pit would never do that

boatsntoys

Reaction score
I can't ever say I've heard of a Golden Retriever attack. At some point statistics come into play, and you have to look closer at the breed of dog. It is more than just the owner.

I believe there are other breeds that might be meaner but they don't have to capability, strength , speed, to cause that much damage so quickly and none have the mindset to keep on and on till it's prey is totally ripped apart. Their mind is what makes them such good fighting dogs. You can beat it in the head with shovels or cut it's leg off and it's won't let go. It just locks harder and twists even more ferocity.

I speak with first hand knowledge. 20 years ago our neighbors pit attacked my father. Latched onto his crotch. I beat that dog in the head with a pointed shovel at least 50 times. Dogs head covered in blood just kept twisting and tearing. Called ambulance and police. Ran and got kitchen knife. I stabbed that dog a dozen times. Finally dead still had to physically pull the jaws apart. Pops in the hospital for over 2 months. Softball size chunk out of his inner thigh. Veins and arteries torn and gushing blood. Complete ball sack ripped apart and his penis 70% severed off.
Could have been worse. My 7 year old waist big brother was standing next to my dad. Oils have just as easily been his throat

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Come on out all you Pit bull advocates.
The girl probably did something inexcusable to that dog. Like playing in the yard sprinklers or eating a sandwich in front of him. Those pits can interpret the most innocent acts as a threat and respond accordingly.

Took my father to dinner a few weeks ago. We came home and there was his happy pit wagging his tail. Entering the house we saw blood and guys. The pit had ripped apart his other little dog. These dogs had been buddies for ten years. My father actually defended his pit. He said it must have been the wild dogs he saw last week that probably got in the house and ripped apart the little dog and then left. WTF ?? Because his pit would never do that

Sigh...when will it end?:(

boatsntoys

Reaction score
This is a joy to my eyes. New neighbors just moves in last week dog already got out twice and once jumped into my yard. My wife is scared shit to take our little dogs for a walk she has set up a place for them to shit in the house , how wonderful ;-(. Just took this pic a minute ago
image.jpg

nrbr

Reaction score
I usually dont give two shits what people think of my 2 pitties but im bored and drinkin beer hoping kids stay asleep. I have been bit by a retriever mix had 21 stitches when I was about 12. I have 2 kids 1 and 3 and the two pits will let kids climb poke ride them ect. Never any aggressive behavior. They do make excellent guard dogs for our home as well as my kids. That is a terrible thing that happened to that poor girl but lets not attack the entire breed. 20140606_185905.jpg

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I usually dont give two shits what people think of my 2 pitties but im bored and drinkin beer hoping kids stay asleep. I have been bit by a retriever mix had 21 stitches when I was about 12. I have 2 kids 1 and 3 and the two pits will let kids climb poke ride them ect. Never any aggressive behavior. They do make excellent guard dogs for our home as well as my kids. That is a terrible thing that happened to that poor girl but lets not attack the entire breed. View attachment 341347

I sincerely hope you never have to see what I have seen.

nrbr

Reaction score
I sincerely hope you never have to see what I have seen.
Nor would I. I was ripped off my bike when I was kid by a retriever mix and fucked up a little bit but I dont want to ban that breed! Any animal can be dangerous if not trained and handled properly. I work very long hours sometimes and feel much better having the pits with my wife and 2 small girls at home though. And so do they.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Nor would I. I was ripped off my bike when I was kid by a retriever mix and fucked up a little bit but I dont want to ban that breed! Any animal can be dangerous if not trained and handled properly. I work very long hours sometimes and feel much better having the pits with my wife and 2 small girls at home though. And so do they.

It was probably mixed with a pit bull ;)

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
I will say this.

It all depends on the dog itself. Some pit bulls are perfectly fine and some are not.

I used to house sit for a coworker on occasion. She had a small house she rented out. The lady that rented the house had a pit bull. When I would house sit. This dog would eagerly wait for me to get off work. I would play fetch with this dog until it would literally puke. The dog was very dominant with other people. But with me it was subordinate. I never had any issue with it.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Dogs are territorial and protective period. Even some of the so called friendly breeds can be this way. Some people don't realize that when a stranger approaches, a dog may see them as a threat and be protective of their owner/territory. It's what they do.

TCHB

Reaction score
A good friend of ours in Havasu got attacked by a pit bull in Havasu. She was hurt and luckily made it out alive.

Sad to hear about another attack.

dread Pirate

Reaction score
It sucks for all those little girls or anyone bit by a dog for that matter. Don't know the story about the girl TPC posted, but I assume it's also a pit attack. :( The report said the owner was arrested for drug and weapons charges, but not for the dog attack. Fucked up! Drug dealer in the hood with attack pits. That's nothing new unfortunately.:grumble: In my hood it was dobermans.

I've had many friends with pits and I've had 2 myself not including my daughters pit mix we have now. My friends dogs have been both guard and family dogs. Some were not allowed around kids, most were great. Of mine one was a great family dog and was attacked by a mountain mutt which led to him being put down. My second was a vicious little bastard that I gave away at 4 months old. From the day I brought him home at 10 weeks he steadily got more aggressive towards my kids. My youngest son was 6 months old. He was a badass double purple ribbon blue nose, but he was not going to be a family dog. At 4 months old he was almost asleep in my lap and I was talking to my wife about the possibility of finding him a home when one of the kids came down the stairs and the bastard jumped up and snapped at my kid. I had ahold of him and he snapped at me for pinning him on the ground. That night I threw him in the truck and drove an 2 hours and gave him away to a guy who's dog had been attacked by a mountain lion a few months before. Single hermit in the woods, Viet Nam vet, and the dog has been great for him. Loyal etc, but it is not a dog that could be trusted around any kids. Dog got lucky.

At that time I said I was done with pits and I'll just pet my friends. Well many years passed and on christmas eve year before last we came across a pit mix that the owner of the local pet store was fostering. My daughter fell in love and had been saving her $ for a bulldog, so my daughter and this little dog got a present for christmas. He may look like a pit, but has the temperament of a pug. He is the sweetest lap dog on the planet and is OCD about my daughter and all my kids for that matter. This dog lives to play with kids. He sits in the driveway waiting for them to get home from school or will put his feet on the truck bumper when I go to pick them up cause he wants to go. Yes he is an exception and poster dog for the breed.

PUMPKIN TITS

Reaction score

Of course you have never heard of golden retriever attacks. That just wouldn't be good news. Anytime there is a dog attack the news always labels the dog a pit bull. Do we have a confirmation of the exact dog breed in this attack? Everybody jumps to conclusions. Recently we have seen a post on here about dog advice in which a persons lap dog was vicious and bites people. We never see any news stories about chow chow attacks but they are vicious as well. It's not so much the breed of dog but the bad habits that have been instilled and allowed in the animal. I work in the ghetto and pit bulls are as much as a status symbol as 26" rims are. It's not so much the breed, but the assholes that are breeding them. That being said, F$&@ Those dogs! Glad there dead. Poor girl

28Eliminator

Reaction score
So sad.. The breeder, seller, and owner should all be held accountable for these POS dogs that did this..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
We came home and there was his happy pit wagging his tail.

I speak with first hand knowledge. 20 years ago our neighbors pit attacked my father. Latched onto his crotch. I beat that dog in the head with a pointed shovel at least 50 times. Dogs head covered in blood just kept twisting and tearing. Called ambulance and police. Ran and got kitchen knife. I stabbed that dog a dozen times. Finally dead still had to physically pull the jaws apart. Pops in the hospital for over 2 months. Softball size chunk out of his inner thigh. Veins and arteries torn and gushing blood. Complete ball sack ripped apart and his penis 70% severed off.
Could have been worse. My 7 year old waist big brother was standing next to my dad.

Something isn't adding up here.. A pitbull attacked your father.. and now he owns a pitbull? Story about a dog being shredded in the house, and your dad saying the neighbors dogs must have come in and done it?

RD

C-2

Reaction score
I understand both of boatsntoys stories, why are they confusing?

I can also relate to both stories...I saw my dad nearly beat a pit to death but the dog refused to let go of another dog it had in its grasp. And my uncle had the most docile, retard looking Pit I've ever seen. He brought home an American Bull Terrier pup (paid big bucks for it, a tatt'd purebred) and one day a few weeks later, my uncle left for work and returned home to find the American Bull Terrirer pup in pieces.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

There is a member of this forum who's daughter was bitten severely in the face by the neighbors golden retriever. They knew the dog very well, the little girl was petting it and out of nowhere it latched on to her face and started biting repeatedly.

In the keys in Parker there was a golden retriever that just kind of roamed for years. Neighborhood dog, seemed friendly enough. Always see it cruising around, and nobody ever thought much of it. There's a ton of golf carts in the keys, etc.. One day another one of my neighbors was driving his golf cart by this golden just like he has 100 times before. Dog ran out jumped in the cart and literally mauled the fuck out of him. 100+ stitches.

I was in Irvine walking my dog around midnight one night. There was a soccer field near my house with a little hill at one end. I was out in the middle of the soccer field and here comes a large golden over the hill and bee lining it right for me. There was little doubt in my mind what this dogs intentions were and it wasn't playing. As it was running at me I was thinking "here we go" and started bracing for the impact and what was coming next. It was closing fast and about 20' away I thought "Where's my dog?" She hit that thing so hard from the side they both went tumbling. My dog came to me and that dog came again barking and growling. I wasn't exactly in a hurry to break it up when she grabbed it and started thrashing it.

I was attacked by a lab when I was a kid (12-13).. After it bit the shit out of my leg several times something spooked it and it ran off. When I was 15/16 I had a second aggressive encounter with a black lab. It paid, and it paid for the first dog.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I understand both of boatsntoys stories, why are they confusing?

This is the part that isn't making sense to me.

Took my father to dinner a few weeks ago. We came home and there was his happy pit wagging his tail.

20 years ago our neighbors pit attacked my father. Latched onto his crotch. I beat that dog in the head with a pointed shovel at least 50 times. Dogs head covered in blood just kept twisting and tearing. Called ambulance and police. Ran and got kitchen knife. I stabbed that dog a dozen times. Finally dead still had to physically pull the jaws apart. Pops in the hospital for over 2 months.

He had this dramatic experience that made him hate pitbulls. But his dad the actual victim of said attack now owns a happy pitbull?

RD

C-2

Reaction score
This is the part that isn't making sense to me.

He had this dramatic experience that made him hate pitbulls. But his dad the actual victim of said attack now owns a happy pitbull?

RD

You're right, it doesn't make sense. But FWIW - my uncle kept his pit too.

BUSTI

Reaction score

I was bit by a Golden Retriever. Almost 300 stitches in the face, mouth and cheek. ALL dogs can bite. All dogs need to be watched. I don't stand for any dogs not on a leash. It is true that pit bulls German shepherds do bite more than any other dogs and all dog owners should be held criminally liable for any bites. Pit bulls and other high bite breeds should be put down I their first offense.

BUSTI

Reaction score
There is a member of this forum who's daughter was bitten severely in the face by the neighbors golden retriever. They knew the dog very well, the little girl was petting it and out of nowhere it latched on to her face and started biting repeatedly.

In the keys in Parker there was a golden retriever that just kind of roamed for years. Neighborhood dog, seemed friendly enough. Always see it cruising around, and nobody ever thought much of it. There's a ton of golf carts in the keys, etc.. One day another one of my neighbors was driving his golf cart by this golden just like he has 100 times before. Dog ran out jumped in the cart and literally mauled the fuck out of him. 100+ stitches.

I was in Irvine walking my dog around midnight one night. There was a soccer field near my house with a little hill at one end. I was out in the middle of the soccer field and here comes a large golden over the hill and bee lining it right for me. There was little doubt in my mind what this dogs intentions were and it wasn't playing. As it was running at me I was thinking "here we go" and started bracing for the impact and what was coming next. It was closing fast and about 20' away I thought "Where's my dog?" She hit that thing so hard from the side they both went tumbling. My dog came to me and that dog came again barking and growling. I wasn't exactly in a hurry to break it up when she grabbed it and started thrashing it.

I was attacked by a lab when I was a kid (12-13).. After it bit the shit out of my leg several times something spooked it and it ran off. When I was 15/16 I had a second aggressive encounter with a black lab. It paid, and it paid for the first dog.

RD

Yap. I knew the Golden that bit me. New him for years. Played with it everyday. Owner said it wasn't his dog that bit me after he walked me to my grandfather bloody. They didn't put the dog down as instructed by the judge and then the dog but their son. All dogs can be dangerous.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The irony being.. I'd wager we have at least 10 real world, completely fucked bite stories regarding goldens.. If you added labs in that you could probably double it.

I don't think I have ever read a story on here, about a member directly being mauled by a pitbull or a rottie?

RD