WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fuckin punks, hope they'll rot in hell one day.

spectras only

Reaction score
This aired on national tv yesterday. Local dairy farm workers caught abusing cows in their care. My wife is the executive assistant at the dairy farmers association and knows all the farmers in Western Canada.The farmers/owners are good people and this is a black eye to the community brought on by some fuckin animals that shouldn't be working on farms. They all got fired and hopefully get criminal charges against them. Sorry, rant is over.

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/b-c-farm-fires-workers-seen-abusing-cows-in-undercover-video-1.1861404

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Will we find out later that the employes where plants from the animal right's group trying to shut down the cattle business.

rrrr

Reaction score
The dairy owners fired these assholes, and like all responsible farmers they won't tolerate the abuse of these valuable animals.

But the animal rights idiots, not surprisingly, call for more regulations as if this sort of thing happens all the time:

?The cows on this dairy factory farm experience nothing but fear, violence, and deprivation at the hands of sadistic animal abusers,? Mercy for Animals Canada Pippus said.

She said the investigation proves that the Canadian dairy industry isn't capable of self-regulation. It wants the government to step in and create standards to protect farmed animals.

"Dairyland has the power to end the worst forms of animal cruelty and needless violence in Canada," she said. "As a civilized society it is our moral obligation to prevent the abuse of all animals, including farm animals."

Read more: http://bc.ctvnews.ca/b-c-farm-fires...s-in-undercover-video-1.1861404#ixzz34GU3qs62

"Industry isn't capable" my ass. I bet the owner of the dairy was ready to kick some ass, and the last thing farmers need is more government interference into their business.

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
I could not see the video on my phone but i do know the general public does not have the stomach to see what goes on on real life. I'll assume that this was on the extreme side of things, but if you have ever dealt with a downed cow, saying please does not get it done.

There was a big scandal around here at one of the local slaughter houses a few years back, in order to be able to slaughter for human consumption the cow has to still be able to walk, they filmed some techniques used to keep the cows moving a a huge shitstorm followed.

It's a tough business.

koenig

Reaction score
Hope the crown prosecutors charge them.

BigSteve

Reaction score
The full weight of the law should be brought down upon them.
For cruel and inhumane treatment.

Maybe growing up around animals teaches values to kids.
We just had my brothers kids in 4H learning to raise pigs
I have a girl thats a grad in Zoology, Now works for Fish and Game.

I worked a few cattle round ups, sorting, branding, shots .
Most of the cattle injuries we had were from out of control dogs at hunting season

Had to put a couple down because of broken legs from dog packs running them
We had to shot a few dogs, for chasing the cattle. That wouldn't stop it. To protect the cattle

No reason for them to treat the cattle that way, what so ever. A little food and grain and they follow you like a puppy dog.

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
We have a zero tolerance policy on our farm. There are better ways to go about things. As an owner it's hard to be everywhere at all times. It's nice to see the news going after the actual abusers and not blaming the dairy owners for everything. Normally the owner are always labeled as the bad guy for their employees actions:thumbsdown

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
The irony of worrying about the humane treatment of next weeks cheeseburger patty is not lost on me. Treat those cows with the respect they deserve this week. Next week they get a whack on the head and become rib eyes and T bones.

I agree that animal cruelty is wrong. These dirtbags should be punished.

Still hard to ignore the cruel irony of the existence of a cow destined for the butcher. :(

kgt

Reaction score
Grew up 2 miles from that farm, hayed for the owners many years ago as a kid....
worked on farms for summer work when in school, being a animal lover what happens on some farms by some dummies isn't right at all..

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Scum that would treat animals like this are the same kind of people that commit crimes against people. I am not familiar with the process in Canada, but I hope they lock the bastards up for as long as is possible.
When you raise cattle...dairy or otherwise...you take on a responsibility for them. For everything they need and then some. Yes, I raise my steers for beef but I can tell you they live well and never know what hits them when the end comes. They are dead before they hit the ground.
If there was any pain in the process I wouldn't do it.

poncho

Reaction score
Scum that would treat animals like this are the same kind of people that commit crimes against people. I am not familiar with the process in Canada, but I hope they lock the bastards up for as long as is possible.
When you raise cattle...dairy or otherwise...you take on a responsibility for them. For everything they need and then some. Yes, I raise my steers for beef but I can tell you they live well and never know what hits them when the end comes. They are dead before they hit the ground.

i was raised on a farm and even knowing they would eventually go to slaughter we would bond, some had more social personalities and would keep me company when i was working the fields.

The cattle on our farms lived well but i never lost sight of our roles.

Once in a while i see a clown come through the fishing industry who does shit like this, i ask them if that makes you a badass....either they knock it off or go down the road.

530RL

Reaction score
I'm not sure there is a hell, so I certainly hope their fellow prisoners will show them hell on earth.

koenig

Reaction score

After the sled dog killings after the 2010 Olympics, BC enacted the toughest animal cruelty laws in Canada. I'll have to look them up, but betting they still are not tough enough. http://www2.news.gov.bc.ca/news_releases_2009-2013/2011AGRI0019-000660.htm

The town this happened in is only 20 minutes from me. Grand parents, aunts, uncles and cousins all lived there. Spent most of my summers growing up there.

Rexone

an ordinary American
Reaction score
Sadly, that video is fairly mild compared to some I've seen.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
A lot of the problem is the large corporate farms that have taken over the industry. Mom and Pop farms owned their livestock and took care of them for no other reason than they were valued property.

Corps farms hire low level employees many of whom obviously have low level values. The employees need to be punished, but the farm's management and immediate supervision should be held responsible. They look the other way far too often as some of the comments allude to.

Even though dairy cows are far harder to move along quickly and efficiently than the previously mentioned "follow the feed bucket", there is no reason for the beating and cruelty.

I grew up on and around dairy farms and ranches and never saw the stuff in he video. It's hard work and you can get kicked or pinned between animals or between animals and pens, but still no need to harm the animal. I have seen several cows get the tail "trimmed" as some use it as a whip when the farmhand isn't looking. It hurts like hell to get swatted and tail removal was an accepted deal. I'm sure that would be considered cruel, but it was a way of life and most farms I was on, had cows without the tail due to this issue.