WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

CALIFORNIA DELTA

kimbalee

Reaction score
Heading to the Delta for the 3rd time next week. Pretty much covered the area from Tower Park to Guastis to Pittsburgh/Discovery Bay and every bar/restaurant en route. Am hoping the Delta RDP'ers have some suggestions about any other things to do/see on the water. Thanks

Roaddogg 4040

Reaction score
Try getting a hold of Phil (Dimarco21) on Performance Boats Forum. He know the Delta well and I'm sure that he would be glad to give you some great ideas. Did you eat at Guisti's? Great steaks!!!

Steve

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
What road dog said.
DLB on performance boats. com is your best bet.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
The cruise to old town Sacramento is nice. Depending what boat you are in you might want to go the back way thru the locks & skip the Sac river thru Rio Vista. Its a beautiful trip. A few good places to stop at in Walnut Grove & great public dock.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
That looks like an awesome place to boat. Enjoyed the pics Big Steve and the church have posted before. ;)

Boat211

Reaction score
The delta is a great place to boat. So many miles of waterways. I would agree that the trip to Sac is a nice ride. Some of the locals even make that an overnight trip.

Tpltrbl303

Reaction score
I'm heading up in a couple of weeks. Launching at b and w and heading up to old town for the night.

Nacimientobound

Reaction score
Is there any good websites that give an overview of the boating area in Sac?

kimbalee

Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions - will ask Phil as well and yes, Steve, we did eat at Guistis - fantastic food!

707dog

Reaction score
What dates are you headed this way?
Might be able to knock the dust off the cruiser and hit the water it's been sitting for a week😆:D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Welcome to the board Kimbalee, sorry we didn't get your question immediately answered. :( I'm going to make a trip up to the Delta at some point soon, and recruit some more RDP members from NorCal.. :D

RD

kimbalee

Reaction score
Thank you RD - have been a lurker for a long time, love this site. 707dog will be there this Fri thru Wednesday staying at Tower Park! Looks like a trip to Old Sac Town is on the agenda - any advice for a 24' Lavey NuEra as far as navigation, depths etc.?

707dog

Reaction score
Welcome to the board Kimbalee, sorry we didn't get your question immediately answered. :( I'm going to make a trip up to the Delta at some point soon, and recruit some more RDP members from NorCal.. :D

RD
We got a 2nd annual vet's river run in sept 6th and in oct we got our infamous unorganized low noise slow boat hookie day.

707dog

Reaction score
Thank you RD - have been a lurker for a long time, love this site. 707dog will be there this Fri thru Wednesday staying at Tower Park! Looks like a trip to Old Sac Town is on the agenda - any advice for a 24' Lavey NuEra as far as navigation, depths etc.?
I'm on shift thru the weekend but off the mon-wendsday so I'll check in with ya see what you got going and try to hit the water.
I haven't run up to sac yet it's on my delta bucket list to do sorry no info for that stretch of water just go for it follow the navigation maps

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
Heading to the Delta for the 3rd time next week. Pretty much covered the area from Tower Park to Guastis to Pittsburgh/Discovery Bay and every bar/restaurant en route. Am hoping the Delta RDP'ers have some suggestions about any other things to do/see on the water. Thanks

OH yeah, on the Delta at B&W Resort Oct 12 2019 Full moon, Smooth water, warm Ambient Temperature, Cheaper off season over night room cost.

B&W Resort Oct 12th 2019.jpg
full moon on the delta.jpg

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
We use Georgiana Slough from San Joaquin River, to Mokelumne River, then north on Georgiana slough all the way to Walnut grove.
We have a 21ft Campbell v-drive, You should check the charts where ever you go.
We almost got stuck on a sand bar at the mouth of the Mokelumne river where it empty's into the San Joaquin river just to the north and about 400ft off the east shoreline. We saw it on the map, but it was low tide, and the depth finder warning came on, we were going slow enough to stop in time, There was a large 32-35ft cruiser coming towards us that did not slow down and beached it's self on the bar. They were there till high tide.

Last edited:

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
There are a few spots around the Mokulme/San Joaquin river that are shallow. Let us know if we can help.