WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Here's your Statement from ole RiverDave

Status
Not open for further replies.

milkmoney

Reaction score
I wasn't attacking him. Just explaining the scenario that we have found ourselves in. I have no ill feelings towards Brian at all, quite the contrary. That being said, I'm not going to change my mind on my decision.

Now that I have found myself in a cock off.. as a bonus I'd burn this place to the fucking ground on general principal before I reversed the decision. :D

So like I said.. This is gonna be awhile.

I double dog dare ya. :)

In before the lockdown.

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
I wasn't attacking him. Just explaining the scenario that we have found ourselves in. I have no ill feelings towards Brian at all, quite the contrary. That being said, I'm not going to change my mind on my decision.

Now that I have found myself in a cock off.. as a bonus I'd burn this place to the fucking ground on general principal before I reversed the decision. :D

That's a sound business decision, where's the loyalty to those who have got you to this point? I'm not looking for an answer, hell I don't much care, but you may want to reflect on that thought for a bit. Good leaders make bad decisions, good leaders reevaluate their course and are able to right the course. So before you run around here peacocking like the big dick in town, think for a minute, is there a point to all this?

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
So before you run around here peacocking like the big dick in town,

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't get the mental image out of my head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn you WW.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't get the mental image out of my head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn you WW.

I knew this one would come in handy some day :skull

iWjN2ZL.gif

for tapatalk users here's the link to the animated gif: http://i.imgur.com/iWjN2ZL

westair

Reaction score

That's nice but just make sure JBB's back by tomorrow morning:cool

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That's a sound business decision, where's the loyalty to those who have got you to this point? I'm not looking for an answer, hell I don't much care, but you may want to reflect on that thought for a bit. Good leaders make bad decisions, good leaders reevaluate their course and are able to right the course. So before you run around here peacocking like the big dick in town, think for a minute, is there a point to all this?

Yes there is a point. I won't have a software feature where people can accidentally delete large volumes of content on accident and it is not recoverable.

Doesn't seem like there would be much of a pros and cons list on that decision. Now if JBB has for some reason (that is still beyond me) chosen this to make some cause out of it.. It still doesn't affect that decision of what is good for the board, and what is good for business. The rest is all just chatter.

RD

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Yes there is a point. I won't have a software feature where people can accidentally delete large volumes of content on accident and it is not recoverable.

Doesn't seem like there would be much of a pros and cons list on that decision. Now if JBB has for some reason (that is still beyond me) chosen this to make some cause out of it.. It still doesn't affect that decision of what is good for the board, and what is good for business. The rest is all just chatter.

RD

I can't argue with that.

Mini Kat

Hammer Makin' Payments
Reaction score
All I know is who's Name is on the building.
In my house I make the "RULE'S.....:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Hammer

Reaction score
Only reason I'd be pissed about not having a permanent delete button is if I had something to hide. I could delete it before anyone saw it. Sounds like someone is paranoid that they won't be able to permanently delete future "mistakes".

Director...
Reaction score

Good Evening Inmates...

Some interesting comments over the last few days for sure..

and now for mine

I have been silent to this point, because I believe board business shouldn't be discussed in an open forum..

Dave obviously feels different..ok

I have had delete at my disposal from the beginning. It was helpful when i was moderating threads because the posts were gone...with the alternate they aren't. I asked for it to be restored, to help do what I did here. Dave refused..
In light of Dave's need of public approval, in discussing board matters publicly, I concede.

I have asked you in private to delete my account Dave..Now I will ask you here ..Please delete my account..
It's time for someone else to guide the direction of this forum...
Oh and for those asking if I'm butt hurt over Dave's actions...lol
Allow me to let you in on a little secret...I had the distinct displeasure of burying my only child a few years ago (some of you may remember)..If you think anything, and I do mean anything said here would rattle me after that...you would be very mistaken.
So My statement to the Inmates, even my detractors will be, ..All the Best
I will see you around the net...JBB

J

SBjet

El Presidente for Life
Reaction score

RD

I recommend the Star Trek self destruct sequence. It would take 3 mods all pushing the delete button to make it happen.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Good Evening Inmates...

and now for mine

I have been silent to this point, because I believe board business shouldn't be discussed in an open forum..

I have had delete at my disposal from the beginning. It was helpful when i was moderating threads because the posts were gone...with the alternate they aren't. I asked for it to be restored, to help do what I did here. Dave refused..
In light of Dave's need of public approval, in discussing board matters publicly, I concede.

I have asked you in private to delete my account Dave..Now I will ask you here ..Please delete my account..
Allow me to let you in on a little secret...I had the distinct displeasure of burying my only child a few years ago (some of you may remember)..If you think anything, and I do mean anything said here would rattle me after that...you would be very mistaken.

J

Well I thank you for your service for the last 7 years, and will always welcome you back with open arms should you change your mind in the future.

RD

SBjet

El Presidente for Life
Reaction score
Good Evening Inmates...

and now for mine

J

No fruit cup!

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score

There are so many members here now Dylan I don't think RD gives a shit how it came to be. RD loves his numbers. Problem is unless he's willing to have this place as dead as the current HotB*at he's going to have to get more of the 15,000 plus members to stop lurking, log in, and run some content.

It's been a day of PM's, texting, and a few phone calls all over this shit and I can say there is no Cock holding tug of war as RD describes. This place is now changed and what once was will never again be as far as some of the characters are concerned. Sounds like some here are happy about that and good for them. Hopefully they will add content. How that pans out in the long run is up to the membership.

I hate boats. Only idiots own boats. I like hanging out with idiots that have a sense of humor. :D

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
As a new father of two girls....

You have my respect JBB.

Whatever you decide....no one here doubts you.

Stick around, we will get around it. I have known you guys for years. Just a hurdle to get over.

Brian

Good Evening Inmates...

and now for mine

J

Reaction score
I'm not buying it. I bet there is more to the story.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Well I thank you for your service for the last 7 years, and will always welcome you back with open arms should you change your mind in the future.

RD

Really RD?

No compromise?

That's it?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
There are so many members here now Dylan I don't think RD gives a shit how it came to be. RD loves his numbers. Problem is unless he's willing to have this place as dead as the current HotB*at he's going to have to get more of the 15,000 plus members to stop lurking, log in, and run some content.

It's been a day of PM's, texting, and a few phone calls all over this shit and I can say there is no Cock holding tug of war as RD describes. This place is now changed and what once was will never again be as far as some of the characters are concerned. Sounds like some here are happy about that and good for them. Hopefully they will add content. How that pans out in the long run is up to the membership.

I hate boats. Only idiots own boats. I like hanging out with idiots that have a sense of humor. :D

Well Merrill, here's what I will tell ya..

I'm not sure how else you would describe a situation where two people are at odds on a decision and neither will budge.. I'd describe it as I did.

As for the rest of it.. That's more of a personal opinion. It's one of those people say "Well it feels different" So I ask "how?" They say "I dunno? It just doesn't seem the same."

The answer is simple.. If you were here from the beginning you are now 7 years older. Things change. 7 years ago I was raging at roadrunner on weekends, had no kids, and had shit tons of cash laying around.. LOL Now I have 3 kids, a house, live in a different state etc..

RDP hasn't changed, other then their might a little less of that party content on here.. People get older.

RD

H20-ski

Long Member
Reaction score
Why so sour over nothing.

Nothing to me anyway. I give it :twoweeks

milkmoney

Reaction score
Good Evening Inmates...

and now for mine

J

You will be missed,

Thanks for all your efforts and input. You made a difference in my online time :)

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Good Evening Inmates...

and now for mine

J

Fuck!!! :(

(All I got)

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Good Evening Inmates...

and now for mine

J

I wish you, Mrs. JBB and the fleet of furry ones only the best that the future may have in-store......

May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back.

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rain fall soft upon your fields.

And until we meet again,

May He hold you in his hand,

May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Carl

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Really RD?

No compromise?

That's it?

Walk over to the light switch on your wall.. Understand it is ether on or off. While many things in life you can find a middle ground.. The light switch (or this software feature) isn't one if them.

If your implying that I don't care. You would be wrong. But I have spent days on this issue in private and like I said.. Nothing is going to change my mind on it.. And apparently nothing is gonna change his.

So the best I can do at this point is honor the guys wishes.. Not piss him off and hope he reconsiders down the road. So that is exactly what I am doing.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Walk over to the light switch on your wall.. Understand it is ether on or off. While many things in life you can find a middle ground.. The light switch (or this software feature) isn't one if them.

If your implying that I don't care. You would be wrong. But I have spent days on this issue in private and like I said.. Nothing is going to change my mind on it.. And apparently nothing is gonna change his.

So the best I can do at this point is honor the guys wishes.. Not piss him off and hope he reconsiders down the road. So that is exactly what I am doing.

I understand the concept, we've already chatted about it.

Ima sayin, there has to be some sort of compromise....something equitable to everyone.

Maybe an extra fruitcup or hat? Fuck I don't know.

BTW..It's called a rheostat.

Brian

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
So the owner of this site made a decision to protect the content from ever being permanently deleted.

Then he has to explain his position to any of us? It's his site. Good for him for having a sack and running this shithole how he sees fit.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
So the owner of this site made a decision to protect the content from ever being permanently deleted.

Then he has to explain his position to any of us? It's his site. Good for him for having a sack and running this shithole how he sees fit.

We are all friends here, aren't we?

milkmoney

Reaction score

For me it's not how rd runs his shithole , I agree his money his place ,

I am jus in here cause I don't want jbb to leave us

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good Evening Inmates...

and now for mine

J

:(:(:(

flynn.gif

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
For me it's not how rd runs his shithole , I agree his money his place ,

I am jus in here cause I don't want jbb to leave us

I don't want him to leave either. It's his choice it sounds like.

I'm just saying this is Dave's deal. He has the right to do what he wants. We argue about ideas and stuff all the time. At the end of the day I have zero say except to give advice as a friend.

milkmoney

Reaction score
I don't want him to leave either. It's his choice it sounds like.

I'm just saying this is Dave's deal. He has the right to do what he wants. We argue about ideas and stuff all the time. At the end of the day I have zero say except to give advice as a friend.

I agree.

drtywhat

Reaction score
So this board has come to an impasse over a fucking delete button.....:gayfight:bsflag::deadhorse::smackhead

About as gay as a pair of tits on a tennis shoe.

callbob

semi flaccid member
Reaction score
As someone that has had a similar experience as Brian, I have to agree with him 100%. Nothing, and I mean nothing, comes as close to losing a child. The rest is all chaff in the grand scheme of things. I have always enjoyed Brians posts andwill miss his input (and infractions). Pretty petty shit as far as I am concerned. The man has put way more time and effort into this site than probably anyone on here. Just my 2 cents. I will miss you brother. I'm done:(

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score

All of my light switches are on dimmers.

Reaction score
The good old days are gone. There was a time when this Internet stuff mattered. Now, there far more important shit to worry about then this place. It's amazing to me now that I hardly post how much this Internet game matters to some people.

Status
Not open for further replies.