WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

how do i get rid of old speedo pick up and tube when geting GPS?

Reaction score
im new to boats and rigging. i have a vector which i put all new gauges and shit in and i was wondering if they make a piece for the back of the boat to delete the pick up or should i just plug the tube in the boat or what? id rather not have the pickup at the back of the boat either. thanks guys

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
huh? speedo pitot?

The part on back of boat that tube is connected to. Trying to see what you would be left with as far as holes in boat if you remove it completely.
Btw, is your boat a Hallet or Hydro Stream?

28Eliminator

Reaction score
The part on back of boat that tube is connected to. Trying to see what you would be left with as far as holes in boat if you remove it completely.
Btw, is your boat a Hallet or Hydro Stream?

Sounds like he's using the speedo pickup in the drive.. Needs to plug the hose.

Reaction score
boat.JPG IMG_1503.jpg

Attachments

• side.jpg
    side.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 30

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
You should be able to remove the part of pitot that swings up and down but need to leave base unless you can get resulting holes in transom filled.
For the hose I think you could pull it back into boat and put a dab of silicone on the through hull fitting.

Reaction score
yeah it hasnt been out in two years and its super dirty right now but ill bring her out real soon and thanks for the help. i know cars and race cars not so much boats =)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I don't think they make a kit for it. But you could remove all of it and make some block off plates. Or have a gel shop fill the holes

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
im new to boats and rigging. i have a vector which i put all new gauges and shit in and i was wondering if they make a piece for the back of the boat to delete the pick up or should i just plug the tube in the boat or what? id rather not have the pickup at the back of the boat either. thanks guys

I thought you were talking about one that picked up in the drive, like the 210 I was messing with yesterday that I mentioned to you. As you have been told, you can ditch that stuff, and leave the bracket until you get it filled properly.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Just leave the bracket and put a depth/ fish finder on it...

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
I'd pull the mount and reinstall the screws (with some marine caulking), pull the tube back into the boat then caulk the tube hole and reinstall that three screw cover.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I'd pull the mount and reinstall the screws (with some marine caulking), pull the tube back into the boat then caulk the tube hole and reinstall that three screw cover.

Yep, no one will ever see it except on the trailer anyway. :thumbup:

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
Fill the holes with epoxy putty, "squeegee" it nice and smooth with a razor blade, after it dries brush touch it with automotive paint

Any auto paint store should be able to build you a "touch up" bottle for a few bucks if you bring the boat with you.

The secret is to not use any more than you need - keep the repair as small as possible

That's how I would do it if it were mine anyways