WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Custom fiberglass swim steps

Firemanjoe

Reaction score
I'm looking for a place that can make custom swim steps for the back of my boat. They would have to be totally custom with custom hardware because most off the shelf steps won't fit be. Plus I want them to match the rest of the boat. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
Eliminator boats should be able to accommodate. They did mine.

Firemanjoe

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll get in touch with them. Just curious, what did they charge you for something like that?

NicPaus

Reaction score
I found www.swimplatforms.com and they will sell one for a Magic. Maybe your boat too

I have talked to them about making me one. Instead of me making a template I plan on bringing them the boat this winter. They said they will need it for 2 weeks. They are in Phoenix They have templates for most boats already. Check out there website.

NicPaus

Reaction score
I'd be tempted to put one of those on my boat....not sure how it would look though. That would be super functional for the wife and kids
Parked next to the Hallett 285 deck at the sandbar. That sold me on it. My step has a little angle and sits high.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
What kind of boat do you have? Do you have a pic of it installed

Universal Elements

Reaction score

They are made custom to each application. Great quality and perfect for hanging out. This is on a 28' boat and the step is another 3 feet long. If you look closely on right side, they even follow the steps on the hull. I believe you can get the step in different colors to match the color of your boat.

Attachments

• IMG_0487.JPG
    IMG_0487.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0492.JPG
    IMG_0492.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0777.JPG
    IMG_0777.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0486.JPG
    IMG_0486.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 18

NicPaus

Reaction score

Cobra 26 one of the few they do not have a template for. There are a lot of pictures on there website. You can order it in white or to match the boat.

NicPaus

Reaction score
$1700 base price. Plus shipping The one I saw it looked factory from Hallett and after some searching found the manufacturer. I will make a thread when I get it done this winter.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
They are made custom to each application. Great quality and perfect for hanging out. This is on a 28' boat and the step is another 3 feet long. If you look closely on right side, they even follow the steps on the hull. I believe you can get the step in different colors to match the color of your boat.

Sucks to be the guy who services the drive on your boat lol! Good god that'd be a back breaking job to pull the drive off, its all sucked underneath there.

Firemanjoe

Reaction score
I would be good with aluminum steps. All the accents in the boat are powder coated candy purple and I can have the steps finished the same way. I have a stoker 204 SST with a Mercury 2.5L 260

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score

Universal Elements

Reaction score
Sucks to be the guy who services the drive on your boat lol! Good god that'd be a back breaking job to pull the drive off, its all sucked underneath there.

Its not too bad, have had a lot worse. Just have to watch your head when you stand up if you are 6' or higher. The boat is pretty big (for 28'), doesn't look like it when it's in the water and no other boats are around.

Attachments

• IMG_0637.JPG
    IMG_0637.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 13

broncomatt

Reaction score
Cobra 26 one of the few they do not have a template for. There are a lot of pictures on there website. You can order it in white or to match the boat.

Do you have a 260 Razor or is it the 260 Venom? I'd be really curious to see how that turns out. We have the Cobra 270 Razor and the swim step is really up out of the water, it makes it really hard for older people to get back on the boat. The way the swim step comes away from the back of the boat it is making it difficult for me to envision how a swim step would look on it, and really how much lower could I get it to the water allowing for the full trailer trim up on the outdrive?

NicPaus

Reaction score
Do you have a 260 Razor or is it the 260 Venom? I'd be really curious to see how that turns out. We have the Cobra 270 Razor and the swim step is really up out of the water, it makes it really hard for older people to get back on the boat. The way the swim step comes away from the back of the boat it is making it difficult for me to envision how a swim step would look on it, and really how much lower could I get it to the water allowing for the full trailer trim up on the outdrive?

260 RAZOR. Step is similar to the Hallett 285 if you look on the website. I have had one Friend fall off the back already. It is also hard to sit on step while floating. It is short and angled. And not user friendly. The drive sits low enough I do not think it will be a issue.