WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

For my 100th Post. Live The Legend.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Website looks really good. I can't get it to work on my iPhone but it might be because it loaded through TT

Wozencraft

Reaction score
Site looks great! One of the classic brands for sure with lots of history! :thumbup:

hallett3

Reaction score
I know a lot of hallett owners would love to see a regatta again. I never have been to one and would love to go with my resorted vector. We're the regatta's at lake Mead or Havasu ?

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I thought they had them at Lake Mohave

Hammer

Reaction score
They used to have it Father's Day weekend on Lake Mead.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I know a lot of hallett owners would love to see a regatta again. I never have been to one and would love to go with my resorted vector. We're the regatta's at lake Mead or Havasu ?

They used to have it Father's Day weekend on Lake Mead.

I have never been to one personally but my friend Jonathan (way before I owned RDP) tried to get me to goto them to cover the regatta.. There was an owner with 100' of Hallett, where he would line his boats up. There was some deal with TV's hanging out the side of it (this was waaaaaayyyyy before anybody had external TV's on trucks) that was bad ass. The entire deal was catered by In N Out etc.. He said it was the most first class boating event in the Nation at the time, and he used to be a kinda "somebody" in the AHBA which put on the Heat Waves which is now known as Desert Storm.

RD

hallett3

Reaction score
I have never been to one personally but my friend Jonathan (way before I owned RDP) tried to get me to goto them to cover the regatta.. There was an owner with 100' of Hallett, where he would line his boats up. There was some deal with TV's hanging out the side of it (this was waaaaaayyyyy before anybody had external TV's on trucks) that was bad ass. The entire deal was catered by In N Out etc.. He said it was the most first class boating event in the Nation at the time, and he used to be a kinda "somebody" in the AHBA which put on the Heat Waves which is now known as Desert Storm.

RD

Wow I bet it was first class then. I will ask Jerry at hallet next month if he was ever thinking doing another one. Taking boat down from Havasu to Hallett for upgrades.

Hammer

Reaction score
Wow I bet it was first class then. I will ask Jerry at hallet next month if he was ever thinking doing another one. Taking boat down from Havasu to Hallett for upgrades.

I think we should do our own unofficial "Regatta" . Spoke about it with yopengo at the Long Beach races. Already know of 4-5 Halletts that would be in if we did it in Havasu. Not sure if there is enough season left to get one together...

"Halletts in Havasu" has a nice ring to it. Id spear head this deal if enough people were interested.

Big Crapolla

Lake Mead Bound
Reaction score
It was always on fathers day weekend every other year on Mead. I've been going since '94. The 100' of Hallets were owned by Ron Pratte, a developer in Nevada and Arizona. The regatta's were always first class with a poker run on the lake that brought over 200 boats in the early 2000's. In-n-Out truck, free flowing booze, ice cream truck for the kids and lots of giveaways in the park later in the evening.

Fast forward to the crash in the economy in 2008 and very few boats were being sold. Hard to cover the expense of such a high end party such the regatta. There was one last one that was greatly scaled down but understandably, Nick didn't want to have a lesser event than in years past. Many have asked to have it at Havasu but the majority of Hallett owners boat on Mead, Nick and many friends have homes there and it's always been a great venue.

By the way, they are moving. buildings are for sale.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I think we should do our own unofficial "Regatta" . Spoke about it with yopengo at the Long Beach races. Already know of 4-5 Halletts that would be in if we did it in Havasu. Not sure if there is enough season left to get one together...

"Halletts in Havasu" has a nice ring to it. Id spear head this deal if enough people were interested.

We did that with Eliminator's this year through our Facebook group. Turn out was awesome! Took awhile to get planned though.

Big Crapolla

Lake Mead Bound
Reaction score
Picture in my avatar if from one of the regatta's. They hired a helicopter to take pictures and videos for all of the entrants. Nice touch of class.

Hammer

Reaction score
We did that with Eliminator's this year through our Facebook group. Turn out was awesome! Took awhile to get planned though.

I wish I was able to attend that. It sounded like a great time!

Hammer

Reaction score
It was always on fathers day weekend every other year on Mead. I've been going since '94. The 100' of Hallets were owned by Ron Pratte, a developer in Nevada and Arizona. The regatta's were always first class with a poker run on the lake that brought over 200 boats in the early 2000's. In-n-Out truck, free flowing booze, ice cream truck for the kids and lots of giveaways in the park later in the evening.

Fast forward to the crash in the economy in 2008 and very few boats were being sold. Hard to cover the expense of such a high end party such the regatta. There was one last one that was greatly scaled down but understandably, Nick didn't want to have a lesser event than in years past. Many have asked to have it at Havasu but the majority of Hallett owners boat on Mead, Nick and many friends have homes there and it's always been a great venue.

By the way, they are moving. buildings are for sale.

I went to several growing up. Always a great event

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Saw this in the pre-owned. Very low hours.

IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_1301.jpg

IMG_1303.jpg

85RiverRAT

Working my way up!
Reaction score
I will dig up the Hot Boat Mag article, I held onto that issue. Ron Pratte was the guy. He had his boats at Echo Bay for years and then moved everything to Overton Beach. 40', 34' and 24'. All color matched on Lifts. It was a drool fest.

Not sure if he still has them. Overton Beach is long gone, when the water started going down, the docks and boats were moved to Temple Bar.

The shot gun start was a lot of fun at the Regatta. Everybody lined up at Horsepower Beach, and BANG! 100's of Halletts running hard to the Narrows, Helicopter Shots. The 07'-08' regatta, we didn't have the same start, everyone just leisurely left the marina, it didn't have the same affect.

I remember the first one we went to, there was a card stop at Temple bar, Echo Bay, and Long Beach/Hallett Beach (Virgin basin). Starting from Boulder Basin that was 200+ miles in one day. So much fun.

Old Man Havasu

Reaction score

Was part of the Spring Phling and Fall Phing that happened for years. I took it over for the last three years but it went from 12-17 boats to 2 or 3 maybes so I let it fade away. We had it at Park Moabi when it was not the zoo it is now. Good times!

Big Crapolla

Lake Mead Bound
Reaction score
I will dig up the Hot Boat Mag article, I held onto that issue. Ron Pratte was the guy. He had his boats at Echo Bay for years and then moved everything to Overton Beach. 40', 34' and 24'. All color matched on Lifts. It was a drool fest.

Not sure if he still has them. Overton Beach is long gone, when the water started going down, the docks and boats were moved to Temple Bar.

The shot gun start was a lot of fun at the Regatta. Everybody lined up at Horsepower Beach, and BANG! 100's of Halletts running hard to the Narrows, Helicopter Shots. The 07'-08' regatta, we didn't have the same start, everyone just leisurely left the marina, it didn't have the same affect.

I remember the first one we went to, there was a card stop at Temple bar, Echo Bay, and Long Beach/Hallett Beach (Virgin basin). Starting from Boulder Basin that was 200+ miles in one day. So much fun.

He is gone from the Mead scene. My buddy bought the 27' but Pratte sold everything in Boulder City and left for Az. Park in town used to be named after him but a falling out with the city officials changed everything including the park name. He had a great car collection at the airport in 4 or 5 hangars but it's all gone and he sold his house there.

hallett3

Reaction score

I would be down for that. And yes season almost done...

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
I was involved with all of the Hallett Regattas at Lake Mead -- took all of the helicopter photos (usually from 10am to 2pm) then drove to a local photo lab and made color prints (500 to 600) of every boat and offered them for sale at the Regatta party that evening by 5pm. Hallett never wanted to charge for anything (the dinners were free) at their Regattas except for the Hallett apparel. I don't know if anybody remembers, but Nick also used to hire professional entertainment (comics) from Vegas to keep everybody amused during the dinner and raffle (who can forget Shalom Sherman). Today, Lake Mead is a problem for Regattas -- the Park Service demands massive amounts of paperwork for permits (and months in advance for application consideration and approval) and the fees aren't cheap, not to mention some very high liability insurance coverage. It used to be I could make one courtesy call to the Park Service, tell them the hours I was going to be flying over the Regatta, and they were good with that. Not any more. There was also a lingering question about who really had authority over the air space over Lake Mead -- when I called the FAA in Vegas for clearance they said they did, but according to the Park Service they seemed to disagree. I guess that's no surprise.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
I was involved with all of the Hallett Regattas at Lake Mead -- took all of the helicopter photos (usually from 10am to 2pm) then drove to a local photo lab and made color prints (500 to 600) of every boat and offered them for sale at the Regatta party that evening by 5pm. Hallett never wanted to charge for anything (the dinners were free) at their Regattas except for the Hallett apparel. I don't know if anybody remembers, but Nick also used to hire professional entertainment (comics) from Vegas to keep everybody amused during the dinner and raffle (who can forget Shalom Sherman). Today, Lake Mead is a problem for Regattas -- the Park Service demands massive amounts of paperwork for permits (and months in advance for application consideration and approval) and the fees aren't cheap, not to mention some very high liability insurance coverage. It used to be I could make one courtesy call to the Park Service, tell them the hours I was going to be flying over the Regatta, and they were good with that. Not any more. There was also a lingering question about who really had authority over the air space over Lake Mead -- when I called the FAA in Vegas for clearance they said they did, but according to the Park Service they seemed to disagree. I guess that's no surprise.

Wow!! That was some work! With digital now it would be way easier. Grew up going to all of the regatta's. Great memories. Hammer I'm in also!!!

kevnmcd

Reaction score
I got my Hallett just after the time they stopped doing the regattas. So wish they would start them up again.

I would be down for a "Halletts in Havasu" unofficial regatta though.