WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Castaic Water Level UP

HitIt

Reaction score
Hope it fills up! Looks about like last year so far.

jspplotservlet.png

SoCalDave

Reaction score
In laymen's terms it is at 40% capacity which is a far cry better than a couple of months ago. Hopefully it gets to near full capacity by end of the rainy season.

Capture3.PNG
Capture4.PNG

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
This is why I don't buy only the snow pack counts for the drought. These reservoirs will get filled with rain water to pretty fast.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
This is why I don't buy only the snow pack counts for the drought. These reservoirs will get filled with rain water to pretty fast.

I know you used to frequent Castaic, but now with the Havasu house do you see yourself going there at all?

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
I know you used to frequent Castaic, but now with the Havasu house do you see yourself going there at all?

One of the big factors in buying in Havasu was that Castaic had no water and the cops. I see me taking my schiada there for a quick rip but not going every Sunday like before. It sucks what happened to that lake. We had a pretty big group that would go every Sunday together now no one goes regularly.
But we do all get together now in Havasu. Lol

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
One of the big factors in buying in Havasu was that Castaic had no water and the cops. I see me taking my schiada there for a quick rip but not going every Sunday like before. It sucks what happened to that lake. We had a pretty big group that would go every Sunday together now no one goes regularly.
But we do all get together now in Havasu. Lol

I remember one weekend seeing the "ROCKSTAR" boat ( 34'+ bayliner???) pull in to the cove and start partying like it was the channel. Throwing beers off the bow, beer bongs....etc. I have no idea how the LEO didn't nab them that day....gotta "keep it low" @ castaic :D

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
I remember one weekend seeing the "ROCKSTAR" boat ( 34'+ bayliner???) pull in to the cove and start partying like it was the channel. Throwing beers off the bow, beer bongs....etc. I have no idea how the LEO didn't nab them that day....gotta "keep it low" @ castaic :D

Lol ya that guy always has a good time.

cicchetti_24

Reaction score

Seriously LE seem to only nab you if you're speeding there now. But it always helps when we know some the LEO's

McDonald's Cups that's all I'm saying

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
It would be nice if the water level came up high enough that Elizabeth Canyon became useable again. maybe we could start getting a group going out there again on Sundays.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
It would be nice if the water level came up high enough that Elizabeth Canyon became useable again. maybe we could start getting a group going out there again on Sundays.

That would be nice. I hate driving the extra 20 miles or so up to Pyramid.

idk

Reaction score
I hope you guys know the reason Castaic was low wasn't the drought, they had to do maintenance on the dam and the same thing happened 20 years ago.

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
I hope you guys know the reason Castaic was low wasn't the drought, they had to do maintenance on the dam and the same thing happened 20 years ago.

It was low because of the drought so they moved up the dam repairs up a year because the water was already down.
The lakes been low for 2-3 years now.

3queens

Detachable Member
Reaction score

Even faster if they stopped flushing into the ocean :grumble:

Great start hope it keeps up

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
They change the water level at will at Castaic. Aside from daily as a power station lake. I was talking to a Life Guard up there a couple of months ago and he said they will be keeping it down for dam repairs regardless. At least through this season. I hang out in that cove to the right with the tree sometimes. You have to throw out about a 70' rode in there though. It's funny to go to the upper dam when they're letting in water. It looks like a giant Jacuzzi.

P.S. Castaic is closed.

SuperJet

Reaction score
Both of my room mates are life guards there. Rumor is the lake will be near full this season..... But the debris is off the charts

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I actually had a good time @ Pyramid when me and my brother went. Rangers were cool on the beer issue too. I liked it better than castaic

SuperJet

Reaction score
Pyramid allows passengers to drink. Just not drivers

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Pyramid allows passengers to drink. Just not drivers

I never knew that until we went there last summer. I was paranoid about the can of beer when the LEO pulled in in the Ski....but he made no issue. Castaic is 100% dry lake and I believe they will fine you "by the can" if they catch you with it on board. Or...that's the old wives tale anyhow

SuperJet

Reaction score
I never knew that until we went there last summer. I was paranoid about the can of beer when the LEO pulled in in the Ski....but he made no issue. Castaic is 100% dry lake and I believe they will fine you "by the can" if they catch you with it on board. Or...that's the old wives tale anyhow

They have the ability to, but normally that is all determined by the persons attitude upon contact lol.

Couple years ago we brought a gas powered sump pump and about 100 feet of plastic and mad a bad ass slip n die down the face of one of the beaches and off a "cliff" the life guards showed up and shut it down but issued no beverage citations. Partly because everyone was cool about the whole deal.

Get415

Reaction score
Would you two knock it off about how tolerant they are!!! That's the only decent local spot we have.
Hey everyone, pyramid is empty and they don't allow beer, food or even soda. And you must wear a life jacket as soon as you pull into the parking lot. 
I was actually surprised the couple times I went last summer the lack of people there. Kinda hard to beach on the back canyon though with the water being soo high, but I rather that than castaic levels. The sheriffs are actually pretty cool up there and haven't had an issue with speed either

broncomatt

Reaction score
I haven't been to Castaic or Pyramid in years. I was going to Havasu a lot more but now that I am not getting out there I thought about going to one of the local lakes more often, has anything changed in the last 5 years that I need to be aware of before going out there? I thought I saw something about a use permit required by California now? And of course do I need to get my boat treated for mussels or anything?

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
I'm totally just guessing here but I think because of the reservoir next to the 5 being recoated with a sealer they are holding back water till its completed.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
I was there 2weeks ago. It was what I would.call low normal. No parking on the ramp. It was Sunday and I was pissed it was full because of the week end warriors.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Castaic is up..... I hated going there when I lived in Burbank. Soooo many rookies that have zero clue as to what is do and the most regulated lake I have ever been on. But, what do you expect for a lake ran by the County of LA.

jeepdog

Lucky jeepdog
Reaction score
I grew up in the San Fernando valley. I remember as a kid my Dad would take us there before it opened to watch it fill... early 70's I believe...He used to talked about how many fish we're goin to catch...and boy did we...that's all we did was fish...to this day I don't fish....good days as a kid growing up:)

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
Looked good from my seat

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 20