WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How to find out a number on a cell phone.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
A buddy of mine found a smartphone in the parkway by his house.

It is a Kyocera, if that matters at all.

The phone has no service, but powers up and has pictures/video/texts, the whole nine.

We tried looking up the number of the phone to call the owner to try and get it back to them, and no ICE contacts/wife/girlfriend type numbers in the directory to identify the phone somehow.

Any ideas from the RDP braintrust?

Thanks,

Brian

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
No advice, but the ICE thing is a great reminder to do, just added to my phone.
http://www.wikihow.com/Add-ICE-to-Your-Cell-Phone

Yea I thought it was odd myself. Even my antique has ICE contacts, for this very reason, and the obvious others. No way to know "whose" phone it is otherwise.

We thought about calling the contacts in the phone, but no way to identify anything.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Is there a carrier logo on it? If so they can ID the phone and possibly have an additional contact for that person.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I don't think so. without a number....sounds like we need to take it to a cell store.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Can you get on WiFi and text someone in the contacts list?

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score

The phone has no service, but powers up and has pictures/video/texts, the whole nine.

We tried looking up the number of the phone to call the owner to try and get it back to them, and no ICE contacts/wife/girlfriend type numbers in the directory to identify the phone somehow.

Thanks,

Brian

Any good camel toe pics?

Reaction score
Settings, Phone..."My Number" normally displayed at the top

SCV2RVR

Reaction score
I found a phone once in our park in Needles down on the beach early in the morning a few weeks ago.

I just texted the last person that had texted him and told them I have this persons phone and if they have anyway of getting a hold of them I have the phone with me.

Sure enough she texted me back and an hour later he picked up the phone.

Side note, I didn't really get a thank you, can I buy you some beer?, etc. Just took the phone from me and mumbled thanks under his breath. Prick.

Havasteve

Reaction score

Thanks,

Brian

You found someones phone and you're trying to call them?

Didn't they loose their phone?

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Phone has no service......

I found a phone once in our park in Needles down on the beach early in the morning a few weeks ago.

I just texted the last person that had texted him and told them I have this persons phone and if they have anyway of getting a hold of them I have the phone with me.

Sure enough she texted me back and an hour later he picked up the phone.

Side note, I didn't really get a thank you, can I buy you some beer?, etc. Just took the phone from me and mumbled thanks under his breath. Prick.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Again, the phone has no service. ;)

Tried to use the wifi and that wouldn't link up either.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Owner probably has Track My Phone app on his/her desk top and is directing LE to your location....:)

If LE shows up, they can have it. Course they could have found it laying in the grass just the same. :)

Im sure the first mark/criminal act on my record AIN'T gonna be for "stealing" a cell phone. ;)

Brian

Reaction score
Again, the phone has no service. ;)

Tried to use the wifi and that wouldn't link up either.

wi-fi may be turned off in settings. My wi-fi stays in the off position on purpose, many do same....

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
wi-fi may be turned off in settings. My wi-fi stays in the off position on purpose, many do same....

:)

Probably right. You would laugh at the cell I prefer/use.

Idonthavenofancyshit.

Brian

fishing fool

Reaction score
Does it have a chip in it? If it's a throwaway phone they may have thrown it away.

It might be phone for a hit man, drug dealer or something like that.

C-2

Reaction score
The phone should connect to WiFi without any service. My daughter runs her iPad and two old phones on WiFi only. I run a Droid on Bluetooth only, for OBDII on my truck as a real-time scan tool, running TorquePro.

Once you are connected to wifi, as stated, text the last person they were in contact with.

500bbc

Reaction score
I don't think so. without a number....sounds like we need to take it to a cell store.
I found a phone and scrolling the numbers found a friends name, thought it was a coincidence, nope.
I called him and asked him who I was, he's giving me the WTF??? until I told him to id the caller on his phone. Called his buddy gave him back the phone.