WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Nordic Buys Hallett!!

the510

Reaction score
Deal is done! Don't have all the details yet but Thane and Travis Barron are driving out there right now. Hallett is moving to LHC! Not sure if they will keep the iconic name or put it under the Nordic Brand yet.

Randy (class act) also offered all the current employees a job.

RD

wow! that's super cool that he offered everyone jobs. I hope they incorporate the Hallet name somehow, but I have no doubt that Nordic with keep the quality that Hallets are known for. In fact they may make some small improvements to bring them up to date.

mbrown2

Reaction score
View attachment 585768 I think I would rather have a Hallett than a Magic. . . just saying

Exactly...I think all these boats that are said to be "updated"...what brands are we talking about? Hallett's lines stand the test of time....Hallett 19's, 21 Vector's and even your boat.

Where are all these brands with updated styling that stand the test of time? DCB? heck my mach was outdated when the F's came out and the F's outdated when the M's came out....Skater's the same way. Eliminator's same...no canopy to canopy to wrap around... Even Gel's....they were more conservative the Barron's bitched to customers about doing tribal but relented and did some...where are all those timeless tribal boats now...dated. I would take late 90's 210 or 270 over any other V of similar build made in the last 5 years...Cobra, Essex, Shockwave, ect...

Hope Nordic values the good things about Hallett's and continues that....they can update all the Nordic's they want.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
image.jpg

steak&lobster

aka rclvlhc
Reaction score
Who said anything about Magic? If you don't think Hallet's offerings are outdated (Teak Floor/Boring Graphics), then you are incredible blinded by your brand bias. Hallet guys are becoming almost as bad as Schiada owners.

YOUR opinion . . . Go build whatever YOU like

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
What do you guys think Nordic will update? I find it interesting that Nordic has recently built its reputation on all composite builds with no wood and Hallett's trademark is Teak floors. I think the best option that they have would be to update the construction that people don't see and make that similar to how other Nordics are constructed but keep the teak flooring as a homage to the history of the hallett brand.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
What do you guys think Nordic will update? I find it interesting that Nordic has recently built its reputation on all composite builds with no wood and Hallett's trademark is Teak floors. I think the best option that they have would be to update the construction that people don't see and make that similar to how other Nordics are constructed but keep the teak flooring as a homage to the history of the hallett brand.

Sounds good on paper. I bet they are a couple miles per hour faster the way you describe but won't ride as nice.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
I would imagine the Hallet lineup would simply replace the Nordic V Bottoms? Nordic V bottom lines arent very appealing to my eye. This opens up a whole new deal for Nordic. I dont see why they would continue to use the Hallet name at all. Nordic is iconic as well. It sucks to lose the Hallet name but I dont see any reason Nordic would co brand anything.

And i mean no disrespect at all to the Hallet name. They make an unbelievable boat. My buddy had a 300 and it was the first powerboat i ever road in. Alwasy left me in awe. Just think now all the Hallet owners get to be serviced by Nordic? talk about a win win. That is if you are havasu people.

JD D05

Reaction score
I would imagine the Hallet lineup would simply replace the Nordic V Bottoms? Nordic V bottom lines arent very appealing to my eye. This opens up a whole new deal for Nordic. I dont see why they would continue to use the Hallet name at all. Nordic is iconic as well. It sucks to lose the Hallet name but I dont see any reason Nordic would co brand anything.

And i mean no disrespect at all to the Hallet name. They make an unbelievable boat. My buddy had a 300 and it was the first powerboat i ever road in. Alwasy left me in awe. Just think now all the Hallet owners get to be serviced by Nordic? talk about a win win. That is if you are havasu people.

Oh hell no! Now it is my turn to be butt hurt! What the hell is wrong with my lines?????????????????????????????????????????

Flame 3.jpg

Englewood

Reaction score
I dont see why they would continue to use the Hallet name at all. Nordic is iconic as well. It sucks to lose the Hallet name but I dont see any reason Nordic would co brand anything..

Your lynching will start in 3...2...1...

You are talking Tatoos, Baby Names, etc.

hallett21

Reaction score
Cant wait to see what molds they do have.

240, original 400 deck, I know they still have the vector.

Also will be cool to see what new stuff Nordic/Hallett bring to the table.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

240 Heat model? [emoji1]

renodaytona

Reaction score
Cant wait to see what molds they do have.

240, original 400 deck, I know they still have the vector.

Also will be cool to see what new stuff Nordic/Hallett bring to the table.

A Nordic built Vector would be awesome.

Our boat...

Reaction score
They definitely still have the Vector mold... should be interesting to see if Nordic will turn some out .

hallett21

Reaction score
They definitely still have the Vector mold... should be interesting to see if Nordic will turn some out .

Hallett has done a few with outboards but Nordic truly can rig an outboard. 300 optimax already works, be interesting if a heavy 400 off the back would run well.

steak&lobster

aka rclvlhc
Reaction score
Sounds good on paper. I bet they are a couple miles per hour faster the way you describe but won't ride as nice.

Hopefully the new Halletts will be updated with ;
10 giant speedos or vv7's
full suede and faux ostrich interiors
logo name branding in at least 50 different places
black socks starter kit

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Who said anything about Magic? If you don't think Hallet's offerings are outdated (Teak Floor/Boring Graphics), then you are incredible blinded by your brand bias. Hallet guys are becoming almost as bad as Schiada owners.

Lol we'll see how all these "modern" up to date graphics look 10, 15, 20 years down the road. Lots of Halletts, and Schiadas that look just as visually appealing today as they did 2 decades ago when they came out of the molds, because of one thing, they have clean, simple lines.

Cant say the same thing about the majority of boats from the first 10 years of the 2000's that tried to reinvent the wheel with fancy graphics fads.

But hey, to each his own.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Dear Gelcoater,

You have received an infraction at River Dave's Place.

Reason: Threadcrapping
-------
How about you spend a night in the Arm Pit of RDP!!?
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2767609
Quote Originally Posted by BDMar View Post
The ban will never stick unless you add another 't" to Hallett
BNAG!

Dave should give him a night in the box for such an offense!
All the best,
River Dave's Place

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Lol we'll see how all these "modern" up to date graphics look 10, 15, 20 years down the road. Lots of Halletts, and Schiadas that look just as visually appealing today as they did 2 decades ago when they came out of the molds, because of one thing, they have clean, simple lines.

Cant say the same thing about the majority of boats from the first 10 years of the 2000's that tried to reinvent the wheel with fancy graphics fads.

But hey, to each his own.

:thumbsup

Hallett Dave

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
Outside of DCB can't think of a boat line that has a better reputation than Hallett.
That Hallett Dave drinks Keystone lights shouldn't effect it either.

That made me laugh Ross.

I have only drank Keystone Light when I run out of Coors Light and someone offered me a Keystone Light. :eek

I hope you and the family are doing good. :)

TCHB

Reaction score
How many boats does Halley build a year???

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
I would personally consider the Hallett line to be Nordics "Premium" line of boats. I hope they keep the simple lines, timeless graphics, and solid construction of the Halletts. It will be interesting to see and wish them luck, always liked Halletts

707dog

Reaction score
sooo do i raise the price of my 240???? tho its is a rare, unique, antique, classic, custom, west coast v-bottom;)

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Have always like both lines. The Bullet is on my bucket list. I WILL own a 28' one day.

wildone

You're a member.
Reaction score
A Lot of Randy's Friends Jumped ship from Hallet to Nordic we he bought them... I wonder How many will be going back once they are up and running out of Havasu?