WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Nordic Buys Hallett!!

SKIA36

Reaction score
I wonder who will be the first person to build a Hallett under Nordic's supervision? Not complete one already underway but brand new from design to water.

Rados picked up his 255 last month, The Last Hallett!

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
Rados picked up his 255 last month, The Last Hallett!
There are a few that are under construction that will be a combo. For the most part the 40 is all Hallett as well just the interior will be done by Nordic or whoever gets used...maybe Arko.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I do believe he will never sell the schiada. Might add a boat to the fleet.
[emoji202]

I'm just messing around again. I think he did say he was going to list it though. Maybe this thread or maybe another

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I wonder who will be the first person to build a Hallett under Nordic's supervision? Not complete one already underway but brand new from design to water.

I would bet Nordic would build their own first (spec boat), to demo and show what they can do with changing up the build process. Just to show us Hallett guys the legend still lives within Nordic.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I would bet Nordic would build their own first (spec boat), to demo and show what they can do with changing up the build process. Just to show us Hallett guys the legend still lives within Nordic.

Live the new Legend!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Yeah it was this thread, not sure how serious he is though.

I'm flip flopping all over the place.. I'd love the first built 270 by Thane and John. I've always wanted one. I'd have to sell my Schiada and the toon to do it.. main thing is really don't want to sell my Schiada but as a family we have outgrown it.

Also talking to Lee about a 24 with twin outboards.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Gotcha. Like I said, sometimes in business deals money gets held back from the seller for a period of time for indemnity.

Nordic may end up doing the warranty work, but the costs for that work would come from the indemnity fund. I don't know the intricate details of their deal, but I would be willing to bet they have some protections set up like that.

Current warranties are a big part of the valuation, IMO.

There's always negotiation but don't confuse Stock and Asset sales.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
520's f those cats. But it is Arizona now, is there an 8.2 w no cats?

They all do. It is a relatively simple operation to remove them.

For repowers I think you can get them without cats, but I'm not sure on that.

sirbob

Reaction score

I think the 8.2 was when cats became mandatory - I doubt Merc has built any or would build one now without cats.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
The 520 is a nice setup for the price. If I was considering 8.2's The extra 10k each gets you a 100hp and an XR.

wildone

You're a member.
Reaction score

If I wasn't saving every penny I have for a new house in El Segundo, there would be a 210 with a 400R already in the queue

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Twin 565s...come on now!

No way! I don't want to have to fill that beast with 89 all the time. 540's would be a better option if I wanted to pay for the upgrade.

600's!!!

Booooost!!!!!!!!!!

No beach door though. The door is functional just ruins the look to me.

In our 335 rock stock 600's are perfect.

I would have to have the beach door.....lol. Tired of kids walking over the hatch and a big V like that would be a PIA to get in and out without it.

It's like a $10K upgrade to go from 8.2 MAG HO to 520. I would take the Cats off and flash the ECM as soon as the warranty is up.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
If I wasn't saving every penny I have for a new house in El Segundo, there would be a 210 with a 400R already in the queue

I was just having this conversation with my wife. Nice huge horseshoe backseat, more shade, speed, quiet, fuel economy. Would be such a nice setup.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I'm flip flopping all over the place.. I'd love the first built 270 by Thane and John. I've always wanted one. I'd have to sell my Schiada and the toon to do it.. main thing is really don't want to sell my Schiada but as a family we have outgrown it.

As much as I love the 24 I just don't see twins being a good combo....Be a complete pain and worse than the current set up for getting the family on and off.

What are you really gaining with that combo as far as family practicality and room?

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
As much as I love the 24 I just don't see twins being a good combo....Be a complete pain and worse than the current set up for getting the family on and off.

What are you really gaining with that combo as far as family practicality and room?
You're just a dream crusher...get up on the wrong side of the bed? [emoji6]

Runs2rch

Reaction score
I'd love to build a new 27' or 30' straight bottom with Twin LS power in the 27.

I emailed Thane about being the first 27 from Nordic with LS power. Was thinking 550 Horse LSA's.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
sorry just being a realist...lol

270 makes a ton more sense for the Johnson fam.

Could you imagine dave trying to climb up between two props in the middle of a 24:D:skull

...or anyone really. IMHO, Outboards, and twin outboards especially, are good for "dock to dock/slip to slip" boats that are never deep water boarded.

Brian

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
...or anyone really. IMHO, Outboards, and twin outboards especially, are good for "dock to dock/slip to slip" boats that are never deep water boarded.

Brian

I think they can work on a deck boat for a family if everyone enters and exits the front. (ladder)

I would be nervous as shit having my kid around props and he is like a 9 year old ninja warrior.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I think they can work on a deck boat for a family if everyone enters and exits the front. (ladder)

I would be nervous as shit having my kid around props and he is like a 9 year old ninja warrior.

Yes sir, you are correct. I figured that kinna was understood.

DaveH

Reaction score

i went exactly down this path. as much as i loved my 21, taking the kids on the lake for the day a 27 just made way more sense. If i wasn't divorced i would probably still have two boats...oh well.......in the end i have had a ton of fun, especially at Powell with my 27. but sure do miss my 21 at times.

and yeah....a twin straight bottom LS powered 27 would be my preference now. my 27t handles some pretty big water wonderfully.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I think it would be awesome to see a Kustom 270 build for RDP.

Follow/report the build every inch of the way and Dave could bring in all the people he knows as sponsors.

I'm talking straight pimp over the top build. Crazy Audio video by Kicker and WFS.

Some one off gauges from Livorsi

tabs, batter boxes and shifter from Dana marine (Marine Industries West)

just over the top start to finish....promote it here and on social media showing what everyone is capable of.:thumbup:;):)

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
No way! I don't want to have to fill that beast with 89 all the time. 540's would be a better option if I wanted to pay for the upgrade.

I would have to have the beach door.....lol. Tired of kids walking over the hatch and a big V like that would be a PIA to get in and out without it.

It's like a $10K upgrade to go from 8.2 MAG HO to 520. I would take the Cats off and flash the ECM as soon as the warranty is up.

I've been told I should do it right when I do it and add headers. That's 5k right there 😬

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm gonna crush some dreams here.. the 300 mold is gone! 270 to 335 now. No more 300 to my knowledge.

BeerMaker

"B" Team Token Black Guy
Reaction score
Molds rolling out if Irwindale today...
2244f60309a46cf1110c943dba2ae125.jpg
232418b6dad96cb271bd3780b8570bdb.jpg
b3bb16444d4e02dc3efd8a9e48a2e268.jpg

Dkahnjob

Reaction score

Brian

My 270 with twin Scorpions and Bravo drives is easy to board from the water. I have a flat swim step accross the transom above the drives at the water line with a ladder on the left side. Works very well and is a dream to dock.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

sorry just being a realist...lol

270 makes a ton more sense for the Johnson fam.

Could you imagine dave trying to climb up between two props in the middle of a 24:D:skull

You go off the side, not in between. Depending on setback / cav plates or tabs etc.. It wouldn't be that bad and with the OB's it would have a ton of room in the boat for seating / storage etc..

RD

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
My 270 with twin Scorpions and Bravo drives is easy to board from the water. I have a flat swim step accross the transom above the drives at the water line with a ladder on the left side. Works very well and is a dream to dock.

???

Scorpions and bravos are not outboards, or twin outboards, to my knowledge, sir. :)

hallett21

Reaction score
Wtf the axed the 300 but kept the player? lol. Since the redid the website the 300 was always listed as available. Maybe it's just lost in transit?

Hammer

Reaction score
Wtf the axed the 300 but kept the player? lol. Since the redid the website the 300 was always listed as available. Maybe it's just lost in transit?

They did a full inventory of all molds. If it's gone it's gone, I know there was a 32' mold or there abouts when I talked to Travis Barron the other day.

240- (now 255)gone
270-gone
300- gone