WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Chicago - the band

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
We saw Chicago at Harrah's Rio Vista Laughlin Friday night. Sold out. If you like Chicago, you wouldn't have been disappointed. Don't know how much longer they will continue. Saw them at the H Bowl and The Whiskey many years ago. They were just as good Fri night. If you like their music, and get the opportunity, I highly recommend their show.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
One of the cable channels recently had a special with 3 of the original members telling the band's story.....Really good piece.:thumbsup:thumbsup

screaming pete

Reaction score
I ran across my Chicago 5 album set with the giant wall poster still intact this summer:thumbsup

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...Saw them at the Shrine one week before their first album CTA was released...Spirit opened the show then Arthur Lee and Love....then Chicago with Procal Harem headlinng...all that for about $3...happened to go up into the balcony to see this chick I knew...looked over the balcony and their drummer went into an outrageous barehanded drum solo...I thought to myself,...who are these guys???...just had to buy the album that next week...As it was a double album I think it was three dollars and 48 cents instead of $2.87 for a single album...The CD version of that album has been in rotation in the player in my car for about 4 years now...it still stands up...

...The love of my lifes cousin came with them when they came to California from Chicago... She ran their Latigo Canyon Home up until about the time Terry Kaff died...Decades later when she died the band sent a huge floral reath and many cards of condolence to her memorial...Class act indeed...

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Saw them at The Whiskey in about 1970, sat stage side, all the originals. These guys now are survivors in so many ways. Their set Friday night was everything I had hoped for and more. They began with Introduction. Horn section was spot on and tighter than ever. Bass and many lead vocals now being performed by newest member, Jeff Coffey. He works his butt off. But, he has some big shoes to fill. IMHO, Jason Scheff is missed. Tris Imboden on drums was excellent. Believe he replaced original Danny Seraphine around 1990 and continues to respect some of his original licks. Tris battled and beat stage 3 cancer a few years ago. We have some mutual friends. Great guy, lives in one of those multi million dollar house trailers at Paradise Cove. Our tickets were upgraded at Will Call on Friday by the venue Manager. I'll say they were up graded. We sat among some of the band's family members and friends, about 20' from the stage. Venue Manager at Will Call smiled when he handed me the new tickets and said, "I think you'll like these". Shit, I guess we did ! Great night. Good Venue. Straight up entertainment. And No Politics.

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
We saw Chicago at Harrah's Rio Vista Laughlin Friday night. Sold out. If you like Chicago, you wouldn't have been disappointed. Don't know how much longer they will continue. Saw them at the H Bowl and The Whiskey many years ago. They were just as good Fri night. If you like their music, and get the opportunity, I highly recommend their show.

Saw them 20+ years ago...they were magnificent. What a great show with a really tight band. Highly recommended.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: