WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Jimmy Buffet

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
Anyone going to the Buffett show next Saturday in San Diego 10/21? Maybe pre show meet up before the show? Do they allow tailgating?

beerrun

Reaction score
We will be there with some of the lower river junkies. We have a motor home and plan on getting there around 4ish we are doing appatizers and drinks text me if you want to come over and hang out.Chris 619-733-9180

Jefftowz

Reaction score
We will be there with some of the lower river junkies. We have a motor home and plan on getting there around 4ish we are doing appatizers and drinks text me if you want to come over and hang out.Chris 619-733-9180

For sure, we’re not bringing the RV, I?ll text you when we get there, We will bring some beer and snacks.

Sandlord

Reaction score
I used to have a lot of fun at his concerts with a big group of friends.
But he started getting very political during his concerts and now nobody wants to go any more.
Report back and let us know if he's still on his political kick.

Jefftowz

Reaction score
Do they allow tailgating? Im gonna guess
youve never been to a Buffett concert?

I?ve been a few times only in Vegas and we walked in. Wasn?t sure if the venue allowed it.

941Punk

some beach, somewhere.
Reaction score
But he started getting very political during his concerts and now nobody wants to go any more.

Went to two shows and watched another dozen online this tour. No talk of politics.

Chopperman

Reaction score
Yep, I’ll be there. We’ll be partying down in center stage orchestra area. Should be fun. As for politics, I haven’t seen it at any of his concerts.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score

I've been a JB fan since the very beginning. I know he has his political views but I have never heard him press things and nothing at any show I have attended. I missed him this year and last year in Houston, but 2015 was no politics. Listened to the simulcasts on Margaritaville radio and didn't hear anything. But that is just what I've heard so who knows. I'd think the capitalist in Jimmy knows who butters his bread and he is all about the money.....

I'm no longer a regular of the tour events just because the playlist centers on the same songs the Parrot Heads demand. I like far more of the great songs he doesn't play so much on tour.

Sandlord

Reaction score
?Yes, it?s been quite a summer,? Buffett sang on Come Monday, a song whose lyrics he tweaked for the occasion: ?There?s a Dumpster that waits for that Trumpster with hate / and I?m all glad we?re on the right side.?

hopefully He's got it out of his system and playlist now

Old Texan

Reaction score
?Yes, it?s been quite a summer,? Buffett sang on Come Monday, a song whose lyrics he tweaked for the occasion: ?There?s a Dumpster that waits for that Trumpster with hate / and I?m all glad we?re on the right side.?

I hear ya.....Another reason I'm no longer a regular is the adlibs that ruin the song for many of us. And if it's that political, well :thumbsdown

cofooter

Reaction score
I've been a JB fan since the very beginning. I know he has his political views but I have never heard him press things and nothing at any show I have attended. I missed him this year and last year in Houston, but 2015 was no politics. Listened to the simulcasts on Margaritaville radio and didn't hear anything. But that is just what I've heard so who knows. I'd think the capitalist in Jimmy knows who butters his bread and he is all about the money.....

I'm no longer a regular of the tour events just because the playlist centers on the same songs the Parrot Heads demand. I like far more of the great songs he doesn't play so much on tour.

These are my thoughts as well. His live shows jumped the shark many years ago in my opinion. However, if you are just going to his shows to party, it can be a real good time!

Old Texan

Reaction score
These are my thoughts as well. His live shows jumped the shark many years ago in my opinion. However, if you are just going to his shows to party, it can be a real good time!

His regular Houston Venue has been the Cynthia Wood Mitchell Pavilion bordering the Woodlands Mall which includes a large open town center of businesses. The Parrot Heads have a section of parking lot which gets them fueled up from around noon on. :champagne::drink:drnkfr

Many of the bar/restaurants that remain open post concert will not serve alcohol to those coming in after the concert.....The area has learned the party does not stop until all have passed out.:skull

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
I'm OG Buffett (Palimino)and get a little offended if I get called a parrot head. Every once in a while I hear a newer song I like (heard one yesterbay on buffett radio have to figure what it was) but prefere the older stuff.

Old Texan

Reaction score
I'm OG Buffett (Palimino)and get a little offended if I get called a parrot head. Every once in a while I hear a newer song I like (heard one yesterbay on buffett radio have to figure what it was) but prefere the older stuff.

That's me. I get aggravated when he seems to just be going through the motions getting the crowd involved with the commercial songs demanded.

I watched a mostly acoustic small venue concert taped somewhere that had the songs performed close to originals. That to me is the JImmy Buffett I love......:thumbsup

gmnhra

Reaction score
JB concerts used to be a blast

he phones it in now....almost boring...

very few acts can maintain the level of entertainment thru the years...

still a fun evening...

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
My current JB vibe is Bama Breeze and He went to paris.

Old Texan

Reaction score
My current JB vibe is Bama Breeze and He went to paris.

Songs about his times with his Grandfather really moving like the Capt and the Kid. Cowboy in the Jungle and Barefoot Children in the Rain are real favorites.

Havana Day Dreamin' and One Particular Harbor. Tin Cup Chalice has one of my favorite lines/verses...."Give me oysters and beer, for dinner every day of the year, and I'll be fine...."

And a question I've always wondered about, did buffett ever pay the Mini Mart back?:skull

[video=youtube_https;37OpsAM90Hg]https://youtu.be/37OpsAM90Hg[/video]

MrsBeerrun

Reaction score
Would love to preparty at the event and see all of you! We will have ice, clean bathroom and good company. BYOB and a snack if you want. We are looking forward to a good time with nee and old friends. See ya in a few days!

Jefftowz

Reaction score
Would love to preparty at the event and see all of you! We will have ice, clean bathroom and good company. BYOB and a snack if you want. We are looking forward to a good time with nee and old friends. See ya in a few days!

We will definitely find you guys, I’ll text Chris when we’re close. Looking forward to it!

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Songs about his times with his Grandfather really moving like the Capt and the Kid. Cowboy in the Jungle and Barefoot Children in the Rain are real favorites.

Havana Day Dreamin' and One Particular Harbor. Tin Cup Chalice has one of my favorite lines/verses...."Give me oysters and beer, for dinner every day of the year, and I'll be fine...."

And a question I've always wondered about, did buffett ever pay the Mini Mart back?:[/kQUOTE]

Ya I think it cost two good years.

DUNEFLYER

The original DUNEFLYER of RDP 😁
Reaction score
Years ago you had to show your ticket for the show to get in the parking lot, they were trying to
keep some of the non concert goers out. The parking lot parties have mellowed out quite a bit over the last bunch of years so they don't do that any more.

Old Texan

Reaction score

And a question I've always wondered about, did buffett ever pay the Mini Mart back?:[/kQUOTE]

Ya I think it cost two good years.

The Great Filling Station Holdup is what cost him 2 good years.....:skull

[video=youtube_https;1wr2IFs9X1c]https://youtu.be/1wr2IFs9X1c[/video]

Old Texan

Reaction score
Years ago you had to show your ticket for the show to get in the parking lot, they were trying to
keep some of the non concert goers out. The parking lot parties have mellowed out quite a bit over the last bunch of years so they don't do that any more.

The best concert I ever attended was at the U of Houston on campus football stadium back in the late 1970's. The Amazing Rhythm Aces opened, followed by Buffett, and closed by the Eagles on their Hotel California Tour. The party started in the parking lot and moved into the stadium. Good ol' days and we brought in jugs of margaritas and plenty of party supplies.....6 hours of great music by legends.:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

Times have certainly changed.;)

Chopperman

Reaction score
Headed in to the show, hope everybody is having fun and enjoys the show!!!

norcalLmo

Reaction score
Hey gang Caught his show in San Francisco Thursday Haven't seen him since the 80's at Berkeley They put on a GREAT show - played a solid 2 1/2 hour show and
didn't disappoint! Waiting in line to get into the venue there was a thick pot-fog layer - same inside during the concert - definite CONTACT HIGH LOL!!! Parrot Heads and Fins were a PARTYING ALLLL NIGHT!!

Jefftowz

Reaction score
Just got back to the Hotel, met up with Mr and Mrs Beerun and friends, very cool seeing you all! Thanks for the hospitality!! Show was great even though we missed the first couple songs. For some reason the venue couldn?t get the people in fast enough. All in all, great night. 5496C07A-19E1-40F5-BA13-9803B54F651E.jpg 2720B4C6-286A-4413-AFBD-81FD48D89F77.jpg

Jefftowz

Reaction score

Was thinking about this comment last night during the show, Actually during ?Where I come from? the did a great video tribute to all the different military troops around San Diego which was very nice and well received from the crowd.