WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Monsters Inside Me.....

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
On Animal Planet......I watch this show occasionally. Due to the scary reality and grossness, I have to be in the mood. My wife had never seen it and I had on a recent episode where a young girl had bad pains in her scalp and it turned out to be a Screwworm infection. Getting them out was an ordeal and watching takes a strong stomach. My wife says it was her first and last episode.....:skull

Anyway it's interesting and scary to note t these parasites have returned and are being found in animals in south FL......:yikes

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2017/01/screwworms-florida-mainland/512966/

https://www.animalplanet.com/tv-shows/monsters-inside-me/

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
I?ve watched a few shows till the GROSSNESS got to me :eek

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
The commercials pop on while I?m watching other AP shows and I have to change the commercial, can?t even watch the commercials.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
That show freaks me out. I really dont want to know about all the creatures that share my living space.:puke:

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
That show freaks me out. I really dont want to know about all the creatures that share my living space.:puke:

The worst ones are the little worms that crawl up your pee hole and dig in. The sucky part is that they have barbs on their body so they really dig in when your doctor goes up there to grab them.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
The worst ones are the little worms that crawl up your pee hole and dig in. The sucky part is that they have barbs on their body so they really dig in when your doctor goes up there to grab them.

Jesus, reading this while taking a dump.

broncomatt

Reaction score
I went to Belize in July of 2000... those things were all over the place and warned about on the website where we stayed for a few days... of course we didn't realize it till we got back and what I thought was just a bug bite ended up being one of those things... found their website when we were trying to figure out what it was... it was gross, but at the ER so many of the doctors and nurses started telling me how often people get these sort of things after traveling...

Old Texan

Reaction score
You can thank 25+ years of unchecked illegal immigration for bringing back all the parasites and diseases we had once eradicated in this country.

Since these screwworms are 99.9% carried by animals, it would have to be the Chupacabra sneaking in.......:yikes

Old Texan

Reaction score

Many of us have no issue due to the amount of alcohol we piss out. Their passed out dead drunk lil' carcasses just wash back out...... :skull

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Since these screwworms are 99.9% carried by animals, it would have to be the Chupacabra sneaking in.......:yikes

Screwworms maybe, but typhoid, measles, polio, smallpox, all these diseases that we thought were gone are popping up again. Why do you think we're having bedbugs showing up again?

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Oh snap, by the title I thought this was going to be about an autobiography of Kim K... :D

Old Texan

Reaction score
Screwworms maybe, but typhoid, measles, polio, smallpox, all these diseases that we thought were gone are popping up again. Why do you think we're having bedbugs showing up again?

I know all that and completely agree.

My comments and the thread is about weird ass parasites of one sort or another. Or flesh eating bacteria type things....Bedbugs fit that parasite category, so you got 1 anyway.:skull

Now I think we could look seriously at illegals bringing intestinal worms and other things inside them. But not sure if those things enter our environment. Possible I suppose. They lay enough turds along the way in their travels so a fella has to watch where he steps.;)