WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Welcome to the New RDP!

Devilman

lol, yeah, sure, ok......
Reaction score
Hey Dave, when you have a chance maybe you can have your guys add an arrow/link to click on the thread listings so we can jump to the end of the thread/pages to get to the most recent post. I've seen that on other forums and it's a good feature.
Clicking on the grey dot there will take you to first unread post/message in that thread...
Capture.PNG

Constant840

Reaction score
Is there a front page any longer?

*Hmmm. I can see a front page on my PC, but not on the phone.

Last edited:

HavaToon

Reaction score
New site thinking I need a new screen name, how do we change them?

Last edited:

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Like being sucked into a blackhole and finally spit out the other side!!
I made it hru. Body parts and password intact.... Praise Jesus!!!!

H8Monday

I shoot people
Reaction score
Damn, I wander away for just a minute, and the whole place gets a remodel. Nice job Dave!

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Took me a while to get here. Was using the old bookmark. Got the lightbulb thing squared away, now to get everything else done. I do LOVE the reply feature. Always hated having to go back multiple pages after posting in a thread.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Will there possibly be an "all" viewing option for multiple page threads instead of page by page? Just curious

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
The site is great.... its like V-bulletin Version 1. reminds of posting on the old hot boat site 10 years ago.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Unable to get any links to any videos to work on iPhone or iPad. Anyone else having that problem?

Dettom

Reaction score
the guys will start working on installing the RDP "APP" and testing tomorrow (it's already been a long couple of days)

As you guys can see the site layout is similar to the old one.

If you guys prefer the lighter themed site just click the lightbulb in the upper right hand corner to turn on the lights!

In the meantime there are a couple new features to the site to get us started that I think you guys will like.

Uploading pictures is much easier and faster, especially with mobile devices! You can choose if you want the image To show up as a thumbnail and a light box gallery / or have the images show up as large pics in the thread.. (depending on the content or users choice.. I.E. little Johnny plays soccer you might want thumbnails. Building my bad ass 32 Deuce coupe you might want full size images)

On that note just below the upload file button you will see a check box that says "create gallery". This is a new feature and custom coded to RDP. If you are taking some factory tour, doing a build, or have pictures that you are going to want to refeeenfe later click that button!

It will create a picture gallery that is named the same as the thread title. So if I wanted to do a build and called it "RD's Holy Grail Hallett 270". Any pictures I post in that thread will automatically he assigned to the gallery. So later in life when the thread is 80 something pages long and filled with comments and other people's photos as well, You will have a gallery with nothing but the photos the original poster uploaded into the thread. I think that's going to be a great feature for custom builds of all types going into the future.. as well as vacation and event threads etc..

There's a lot more already and a lot more coming, but for now poke around the site and we will get tonwirking in the app!

RD
Good job, nice improvement.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
image.png
Yes, that worked for me also. But links such as those attached won't play.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
How come Tapatalk won't work? :D

Site looks nice Dave, good job!

Keymyster

Reaction score
Looking good Dave. Glad to see everyone made it. Felt like when we hit the year 2000. We were done for. All the computers were going to crash..

Raffit78

Reaction score
So couple of questions and or suggestions.

Is there a mobile phone notification we can turn on? For instance I love the function of a quick notification on my phone when someone replies to a thread or a thread I’m subscrbed to?

Also, anyway to change the format for our Mobile platforms so it’s viewed in timeline format? For instance, the newest thread, post, appears first? (Of which you can choose from the sub forums you would like that feature from)

For instance, rd lounge, build thread, classifieds etc. I’d like for these to provide me content when I jump on rdp?

Basically a tapatalk feature and maybe this is something that’s already in the works with the mobile app?

Done-it-again

Reaction score
With the new site, you at least could have gave Nordic's banner a 2017 year date. Wonder if they will honor 2013 prices........;)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
View attachment 600401 Yes, that worked for me also. But links such as those attached won't play.

I need to have admin go through that or I will. I had to post all these crazy links to the old videos to get them to show up on various devices. With the new site the URL should work for everyone I believe.

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
What does that do?

Tags are keywords that are added to threads so the information is categorized for searching purposes in the forum. Without proper tags it makes finding specific topical information more difficult.

When used properly, tags are very useful ... but they were hardly used properly in the past lol!!!!

Epic threads of years past, had epic tags.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
I need to have admin go through that or I will. I had to post all these crazy links to the old videos to get them to show up on various devices. With the new site the URL should work for everyone I believe.

Thanks. Understand, there will be some tweaking.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Tags are keywords that are added to threads so the information is categorized for searching purposes in the forum. Without proper tags it makes finding specific topical information more difficult.

When used properly, tags are very useful ... but they were hardly used properly in the past lol!!!!

Epic threads of years past, had epic tags.
youasmartones.

wallnutz

Reaction score
So who is going to field all the reports? That might become my favorite thing.:rolleyes:

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
It looks great! Navigating around checking stuff out, The Member Stat page is pretty cool..

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
I notice that when i go back to a thread a few hours later, it will direct me to the last post i read. That to me is a bitchen feature

wallnutz

Reaction score
I notice that when i go back to a thread a few hours later, it will direct me to the last post i read. That to me is a bitchen feature
I like that feature, save a lot of time.

Hypnautic

Reaction score
Place looks nice??.... Hard to say because I always use Tapatalk (tapacrap), and never login to the main page.
Still could not find the thumbsdown button for Grads :mad:

zhandfull

Reaction score
That was brutal! Deleted my facebook accounts six months ago and almost had to reopen it to find out what was happening. Glad to see RDP back up and running.

Chopperman

Reaction score
Testing, 1, 2, 3, is this thing on!! Time to see what’s what in here with the new update. Looks pretty nice RD!

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Decoded to try the web version on my iphone. Dave was right, you don't need an app.

Just hold your phone in landscape and type with your thumbs. TBI might need to use an app though! :tbi

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Great to see a forum preparing for the future... Digging the new layout. Still the best site on the web...

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Place looks nice??.... Hard to say because I always use Tapatalk (tapacrap), and never login to the main page.
Still could not find the thumbsdown button for Grads :mad:
I got a finger for you

Edit: I guess iPhone emojis don't work.