WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rice Road Speeding Ticket

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
CHP got me Thursday afternoon,80 in a 65. Anybody had one recently ? or just an idea on the cost?

Spectra18

Reaction score
CHP got me Thursday afternoon,80 in a 65. Anybody had one recently ? or just an idea on the cost?
Yea I got one 20min to Parker. I had been going 130-140 in my beemer at the time. He pulled TWO cars over , clocked me at 83-88mph while he was going west bound. $520 with fees and classes.

Singleton

Reaction score

Be glad he wrote it at 80. For some reason over 80 is considered criminal and the price goes way up.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
If you had bought a Valentine 1 it would have already paid for itself. But if it was laser you're still f'd.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Depending how it’s written $550 to $650.

River Runnin

Reaction score
9 over your fine!....10 over your mine (LEO) and I've cruised that road (past um several times) at that speed fer years!...75 is plenty fuck'n fast enough!...Except when passing!...And thats worth a buck er so!....Not that I've ever seen 130.... a few times! o_O

River Runnin

Reaction score
Yea I got one 20min to Parker. I had been going 130-140 in my beemer at the time. He pulled TWO cars over , clocked me at 83-88mph while he was going west bound. $520 with fees and classes.

It Was YOU!!!

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
Be glad he wrote it at 80. For some reason over 80 is considered criminal and the price goes way up.
Be glad he wrote it at 80. for some reason over 80 is considered criminal and the price goes way up.

He did actually write for 81,I was on my cruise at control at 77,I know my speedo is about 2 mph slow at that speed, I don't think there was any way I was at 81 . I pulled out and didn't get another 5 miles and there was another one sitting there with his radar on

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
If you had bought a Valentine 1 it would have already paid for itself. But if it was laser you're still f'd.
This you can see them miles ahead out there and they have to park to use laser witch I have never seen on that road.

*BN*

Reaction score
Few years ago I was at 90, wrote me for 75 and said between himself and his partner that patrol rice road “75” we won’t even look, 80 we will have a chat and depending on the chat get a warning, over 85 we will chat and either you get 75 or higher, I was 75

Brian

Btw: have radar now, and go by them at 75 all the time.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
This you can see them miles ahead out there and they have to park to use laser witch I have never seen on that road.

I've been "lazed" on the 10, but was going slow enough not to be nailed. Never knowingly been lazed on Rice Road. The nice thing about the V1 is that it tells you how many radar sources are out there and what direction they are coming from. Plus it "sees" radar for miles before your speed can be returned to the source, giving you a chance to slow down.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
I've been "lazed" on the 10, but was going slow enough not to be nailed. Never knowingly been lazed on Rice Road. The nice thing about the V1 is that it tells you how many radar sources are out there and what direction they are coming from. Plus it "sees" radar for miles before your speed can be returned to the source, giving you a chance to slow down.
Is there a detector that signals laser in use ? I know laser is instant on , but can a detector indentify it before it’s too late ?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

That is in AZ.

In CA the fees just go up if you are over 15 over. It is only criminal in CA over 100 MPH. AZ has “criminal speeding” at 15 MPH over or something.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score

Only if you're the one he targets. Otherwise the V1 would've warned you the CHP was laser tagging.

Roaddawg

Reaction score
That is in AZ.

In CA the fees just go up if you are over 15 over. It is only criminal in CA over 100 MPH. AZ has “criminal speeding” at 15 MPH over or something.

22348 (b) VC (Over 100 in CA) is still just an infraction..it just carries 2 points and a possible 30 day license suspension

grumpy88

Reaction score
I got one written for 107 mph . It was just 2 points and no school

530RL

Reaction score
That is in AZ.

20 over is criminal in Arizona. Some younger DPS guys will impound and arrest. Older ones not very often for only 20 over unless it is in the new "zero tolerance" areas, then they have to.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Only if you're the one he targets. Otherwise the V1 would've warned you the CHP was laser tagging.

Usually if you hear the laser warning tone it's too late if they're going after you.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
22348 (b) VC (Over 100 in CA) is still just an infraction..it just carries 2 points and a possible 30 day license suspension

That is correct. It’s over $1500 if you get dinged for that.

420HOA

FIRM MEMBER
Reaction score
Got clipped last year on Rice road for 80 in a 55, CHP said I was doing 95, wrote me up for 80 and no current insurance card, fine was over $1200, beat it in court. Never volunteer and pay the ticket, you got a 50/50 chance of winning.

Parker Dreamin

Can I get a what what ???
Reaction score
Got clipped last year on Rice road for 80 in a 55, CHP said I was doing 95, wrote me up for 80 and no current insurance card, fine was over $1200, beat it in court. Never volunteer and pay the ticket, you got a 50/50 chance of winning.

How did you beat it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
It has been a while but even when I was working traffic was not my priority. I probably wrote less than 50 traffic tickets in 26 years. However, if a peace officer can articulate the probable cause for the pinch he can simply go with reckless, which is indeed a misdemeanor, (jail time is an option) and make the arrest if the act took place in his presence. The 22348b cvc would be a lesser included offense in my mind.
Personally, I would think it a rare situation where a guy doing over 100 on a public road in California wasn't engaged in a reckless act. Granted...middle of Nevada, broad daylight, flat section of US 50 no traffic...maybe. But I know of no such place in this state anymore where that could happen. Been on Rice Rd. twice...sure as hell not there.
I remember one reckless I did where the driver was doing only 45 MPH.
He was on a residential street where the limit was 25, and kids were in yards and he would have been going faster but he was lighting the tires up and hadn't hooked up. I was standing at the corner talking to a theft victim and saw / heard the whole deal.
His ass went to the bucket.
He could have walked with a cite for it, he was a local...had a job etc., but he talked his way into the hooks.
"You are a county sheriff, sergeant. You can't write me a ticket here, we are inside the city limits"
"Well if you insist, very well. You are under arrest. Turn around and put your hands on the back of your head and interlace your fingers"
Neighbors came out of their houses and gave me a thumbs up when he went into the back seat. Actually left phone messages thanking me, one actually was willing to testify that the guy was a loose cannon behind the wheel.
His car went on the hook too.
He took me to court on it.
Court trial he wanted, court trial he got.
He lost.
I remember one of the things the judge said to him after finding him guilty.
"Sir, I have known Sgt. FBT since he was a young Deputy FBT. His appearance here, in my traffic court is exceedingly rare. To get him in here for a traffic matter is less than an annual event, and generally requires a major event. Based on his report and testimony, and the lack of a logical explanation on your part this is one of those events. For him to take this action is extremely unusual, but after reading his report I see why."
This was actually the guys first semi serious offense. He was 22, a gearhead like me but made a lot of bad decisions.
Two years later he went off the highway into a 130 ft tall cedar tree doing about 100. 100 to zero in zero ft.
DOA. Driving on a suspended license.
At least he was alone.
The deputy who handled the 11-44 left me a note when he ran the guy and my cite came up in our system.
A shame, but some people tempt destiny.
I like to go fast as much or more) as the next guy, but there is a time and a place, and man your life can change in an instant...and so can the lives of others.
Just standing on the side of the freeway and watching, hearing and feeling cars go by at 65-70 MPH is an experience. Cars are so damn amazing these days the sensation of speed is very suppressed. I don't know if that is a good thing, maybe we need to feel it to have it get our head engaged and bring the threat level where it should be.

Sermon over. Sorry. Been to too many grinders I guess.

Hallett_Whacker

Reaction score
Few years ago I was at 90, wrote me for 75 and said between himself and his partner that patrol rice road “75” we won’t even look, 80 we will have a chat and depending on the chat get a warning, over 85 we will chat and either you get 75 or higher, I was 75

Brian

Btw: have radar now, and go by them at 75 all the time.
I was popped as well 5 or 6 years ago. I was clocked at around 89, but he wrote me down for 77.

His exact words to me were "the front number needs to be a 7, and you're good..."

Wayn-o

Reaction score

Valentine 1 worth every penny. Watch mine light up, then people pass, and then the lights come on up ahead. Love mine.
Still try to run Rice rd about 75-77 because we all know they are there.

Hdgasser

Reaction score
Valentine 1... best investment I've ever made!
20171223_164227.jpg

Tinkerer

Reaction score
Sensation of speed - that is why I love my Daytona. lots of noise and speed.

500bbc

Reaction score
It has been a while but even when I was working traffic was not my priority. I probably wrote less than 50 traffic tickets in 26 years. However, if a peace officer can articulate the probable cause for the pinch he can simply go with reckless, which is indeed a misdemeanor, (jail time is an option) and make the arrest if the act took place in his presence. The 22348b cvc would be a lesser included offense in my mind.
Personally, I would think it a rare situation where a guy doing over 100 on a public road in California wasn't engaged in a reckless act. Granted...middle of Nevada, broad daylight, flat section of US 50 no traffic...maybe. But I know of no such place in this state anymore where that could happen. Been on Rice Rd. twice...sure as hell not there.
I remember one reckless I did where the driver was doing only 45 MPH.
He was on a residential street where the limit was 25, and kids were in yards and he would have been going faster but he was lighting the tires up and hadn't hooked up. I was standing at the corner talking to a theft victim and saw / heard the whole deal.
His ass went to the bucket.
He could have walked with a cite for it, he was a local...had a job etc., but he talked his way into the hooks.
"You are a county sheriff, sergeant. You can't write me a ticket here, we are inside the city limits"
"Well if you insist, very well. You are under arrest. Turn around and put your hands on the back of your head and interlace your fingers"
Neighbors came out of their houses and gave me a thumbs up when he went into the back seat. Actually left phone messages thanking me, one actually was willing to testify that the guy was a loose cannon behind the wheel.
His car went on the hook too.
He took me to court on it.
Court trial he wanted, court trial he got.
He lost.
I remember one of the things the judge said to him after finding him guilty.
"Sir, I have known Sgt. FBT since he was a young Deputy FBT. His appearance here, in my traffic court is exceedingly rare. To get him in here for a traffic matter is less than an annual event, and generally requires a major event. Based on his report and testimony, and the lack of a logical explanation on your part this is one of those events. For him to take this action is extremely unusual, but after reading his report I see why."
This was actually the guys first semi serious offense. He was 22, a gearhead like me but made a lot of bad decisions.
Two years later he went off the highway into a 130 ft tall cedar tree doing about 100. 100 to zero in zero ft.
DOA. Driving on a suspended license.
At least he was alone.
The deputy who handled the 11-44 left me a note when he ran the guy and my cite came up in our system.
A shame, but some people tempt destiny.
I like to go fast as much or more) as the next guy, but there is a time and a place, and man your life can change in an instant...and so can the lives of others.
Just standing on the side of the freeway and watching, hearing and feeling cars go by at 65-70 MPH is an experience. Cars are so damn amazing these days the sensation of speed is very suppressed. I don't know if that is a good thing, maybe we need to feel it to have it get our head engaged and bring the threat level where it should be.

Sermon over. Sorry. Been to too many grinders I guess.
I vote for an FBT daily column, at least a weekly.

Management needs to put him on retainer.:D

You ever think of writing a book?

420HOA

FIRM MEMBER
Reaction score
How did you beat it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trial by declaration, I informed the judge that I had 9 insurance cards in the glove box just not the current card that was less than 2 weeks out dated and that the CHP officer refused to except any of the 9 cards, and that Chevrolet's computer would not allow a suburban to exceed 89 MPH per the factory settings. Judge asked CHP officer if he was sure I was doing 95 MPH, CHP said yes, judge said dismissed and scolded the officer for inflating the charge and wasting the courts time especially about the insurance cards . Judge was about 75 and in the first 10 minutes of court he had his deputy remove 3 people for active cell phones, taking the phones from them and saying you can return tomorrow at 8AM to pick up your phone and two women for inappropriate attire, (made them put on jackets to cover there exposed shoulders) and two tweaker's for tweaking. Judge was in no mood for BS.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Was it near Vidal Jctn or closer to BigRiver/Parker? Was he sitting or patroling?
I ask because one time I approched Vidal at 55 well into the 35 zone and he gave me major stinkeye, did a U-turn then hugged my rear bumper for 15 miles before blowing around me. I smiled as he went by:)

wzuber

Reaction score
you can look the fine amount up online @ www.sb-court.org. I'd say $550.00-$650.00 too.
I got a speeding ticket on R.R. in Nov. The guy was really cool and gave me a verbal warning on speed of 72 in a 55mph (with a preferred max speed of limit of 65.) I was towing my flatbed trailer with some furniture for the house. He wrote me for no front lic. plate as a fix it, I was grateful for that. He stated "you have a clean driving record, I'd like to help keep it that way so I am just citing you for the f. l.p."
I responded "yes Sir, thank you very much for that, I appreciate it."
When I received the court courtesy reminder notice it showed I owed $196.00 WTF?...For a fix it ticket? After calming down I called the court ph. # (909/481-4228) on the notice to inquire, gave the girl the citation # and she said it's $25.00 due only. I requested an extension (your allowed 1) because it was close to the due date and I didn't want the mail system focking me up but I mailed it immediately and it should have arrived prior to the orig. due date.
Nice how the courts system seems to be "accidently" miss stating the amount due. The courtesy notice states "it's up to you to verify and pay the correct amount due, no refunds". focking pricks.
Good luck with your deal.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
I use too love the guys that talked me into things when I was a coast is. Very simple, give me a hard time, I give you a hard time. I would rather give a warning and beyond my way.

milkmoney

Reaction score
I have decided to be a CHP and go out and patrol the roads to the river and give all u assclowns speeding tickets to ruin ur boating week or weekend [emoji106] [emoji202] [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
$485 for mine 2 years ago...85mph.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
$485 for mine 2 years ago...85mph.
Is that just to pay off the ticket or does it include traffic school.....and the certificate....and the service fee to make sure the DMV gets it so it doesn't show on your driving record?

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Didn’t read the whole thread. I got popped wed night at hodge road on the 15. My speedo is way off but I knew I was moving pretty good. Wrote 88 in 70. It’s electronic now so didn’t take much time. I figure I’ll either pay the ticket and do traffic school or maybe pay one of those online people and they are supposed to take care of everything? Haven’t really looked into it. In all honesty I was falling asleep before he got me. Whole thing woke me up and probably was a blessing in disguise. I need to just leave earlier tonight and cruise it in to Vegas

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
Was it near Vidal Jctn or closer to BigRiver/Parker? Was he sitting or patroling?
I ask because one time I approched Vidal at 55 well into the 35 zone and he gave me major stinkeye, did a U-turn then hugged my rear bumper for 15 miles before blowing around me. I smiled as he went by:)
I was about 16 miles west of Vidal.He was parked in a kind of washout area facing me .He was fairly low with a couple bushes providing some more cover.Couldn't really see him until I was right on him

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
you can look the fine amount up online @ www.sb-court.org. I'd say $550.00-$650.00 too.
I got a speeding ticket on R.R. in Nov. The guy was really cool and gave me a verbal warning on speed of 72 in a 55mph (with a preferred max speed of limit of 65.) I was towing my flatbed trailer with some furniture for the house. He wrote me for no front lic. plate as a fix it, I was grateful for that. He stated "you have a clean driving record, I'd like to help keep it that way so I am just citing you for the f. l.p."
When I received the court courtesy reminder notice it showed I owed $196.00 WTF?...For a fix it ticket? After calming down I called the court ph. # (909/481-4228) on the notice to inquire, gave the girl the citation # and she said it's $25.00 due only. I requested an extension (your allowed 1) because it was close to the due date and I didn't want the mail system focking me up but I mailed it immediately and it should have arrived prior to the orig. due date.
Nice how the courts system seems to be "accidently" miss stating the amount due. The courtesy notice states "it's up to you to verify and pay the correct amount due, no refunds". focking pricks.t

Thanks for the info. I dealt with a young CHP officer this past summer when I had a blowout on the boat trailer.Really skinny guy and you could see where he had plugs in his ears at one time. Dude couldn't have been nicer.This officer was all business,I did everything by the book,didn't try to B.S. him. When he came back and I saw that he written me for 81
"because thats what the radar said" I was kinda shocked,thought he might cut me some slack

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I have my Escort radar detector on while running the Waze app when traveling those high speed sections. The Escort detector has saved me so many times I've lost count.

Hdgasser

Reaction score
Is that a TPMS warning in the right dial? o_O

Yeah I got a bad sensor in one of my wheels, acts up every once in a while. I think it said it had like 98psi or some shit lol.

Stop in Barstow for gas, start it back up and its normal

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Pretty much same as Dan -
Anything past 10 over and it a V1 in etc window and waze on the phone.

That said I don't go much faster than 10 or so over these days anyway too dam expensive for the trouble and saved few minutes, and of course swing blowouts can get real hairy so I just ease up a bit.

I prefer to drive a little slower and stop a little less often

UD

USMC2010

Reaction score
9 over is $238, add $60 for traffic school. Then you pay for traffic school on top of that, that can range from about $25-$50+ depending on how you want it filed. I got one last summer right outside of Parker.

Last edited:

grumpy88

Reaction score
Nice how the courts system seems to be "accidently" miss stating the amount due. The courtesy notice states "it's up to you to verify and pay the correct amount due, no refunds". focking pricks.
I got stopped towing on the 40 near needles a bunch of years ago and it was like a scene from Smokey and the bandit . Chp did a u turn through the center divider . Was passing semi trucks on the right shoulder and finally backed off and pulled me over . After jumping through all the hoops he openly told me my friends owe me a beer because he was trying to get them for speeding . He wrote me a ticket for a seat belt ticket that was a must appear in court ! Fucker cost me 425 . Dollars because I was waiting for a 25 ticket to show up . My fault for not reading the ticket but he knew what box he checked .

Havalife

Reaction score
We just got back to Havasu from a weekend trip to Palm Springs. On our way out early Friday radar detector came on just after the 29 palms stop sign heading to the 10, about 5 miles later we passed the CHP causing the alert.
We have been driving Rice rd for over 30 years and I cant remember driving without a Radar detector in the truck or car. Not that I do it for the purpose to speed but I have always driven a little over the hopeful allowed adjusted speed limit.
I may see a little under 110 when no cars are seen on the road but when I see a car coming I always make sure I am slowed to a speed that I feel comfortable with. Every time I drive I think of conditions and on Rice you have a lot of conditions, road, oncoming vehicle, weather and so on. Like many I have driven across the US many times and so far I have very few tickets (1) and no accidents, I use the radar detector as a co pilot, it does talk alot.
I think everyone goes over the speed limit a little if they drive alot (Except the left lane 55 mph hog that should get a ticket) so get a radar detector and enjoy the drive.