WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Is the Magic Box going downhill?

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
StreamSmart Wizard updater is gone,
StreamSmart Facebook page gone,
StreamSmart forums gone,
Apps and updates/info dropping on the regular.

Is it time for us haters to try the FireFox now?

Tank

Reaction score
Netstream is still here alive and kickin and updating like a mo fo. Facebook page still there as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joker

Reaction score
Hacking tv always ends at some point or another. As long as you get your money back there’s no worries

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
Netstream is still here alive and kickin and updating like a mo fo. Facebook page still there as well.

Is netstream on Firestick?

redone76

Reaction score
Arcstream firebox still updating and working great

USMC2010

Reaction score
My streamsmart boxes are still updating and working.

USMC2010

Reaction score
Is there something I need to do to update?
Or just double tap the red
Just double tap the red button. I do before we sit down to watch anything but it really isn’t needed to be done more than once a day...or if you have issues.

dryhoze1

Reaction score
Just double tap the red button. I do before we sit down to watch anything but it really isn’t needed to be done more than once a day...or if you have issues.

Thank you Sir !

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Stream smart sold to stream station. Everything is still working just a new name

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
Wife is watching Barnwood Builders on our Streamsmart right now.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
there is some bizarre shit going on for sure.. now you have to have a password just to get on the websites to buy them?

My main reason for supporting the boxes that I have is they are, in my experience, the most drama free ones to use. Mine are still working fine but I got two new ones I need to test.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
there is some bizarre shit going on for sure.. now you have to have a password just to get on the websites to buy them?

My main reason for supporting the boxes that I have is they are, in my experience, the most drama free ones to use. Mine are still working fine but I got two new ones I need to test.
Captain posted on the fb page. Stream smart sold to stream station. That’s what changed

WildWilly

Reaction score
like everyone else, I was having issues and noticed that all the support was dropping etc and then saw the post about the sale. Although it does seem like Stream Station will probably get it dialed back in, I came across some online reviews and comparisons...and actually most of the digi tech gurus say the stream smart isn't all that great (behind in technology) and extremely over priced too in comparison. If the support and updates come back with stream station I don't see a need to change right now but there is an Nvidia box that looks pretty sweet and under $200

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
There are lawsuits flying to certain providers as well. Not sure how your boxes work compared to normal Kodi add-ons but I would expect some hiccups

USMC2010

Reaction score
There are lawsuits flying to certain providers as well. Not sure how your boxes work compared to normal Kodi add-ons but I would expect some hiccups

Those happen all of the time and seem to be more frequently lately. The kodi add-ons on streamsmart are the same as other builds. I've already read that some of the main people served are not stopping there stuff. The online support is only necessary for new people or those that can't get their heads around this type of service. My boxes and my friends that I have helped get them are all working just fine. There is an adjustment to using kodi type devices and based on what I read and hear those that bitch the loudest have the biggest misunderstanding of what they are actually using. After over a year and a half using this stuff primarily, hiccups come and go on a fairly regular cycle but it is still cheaper than cable or satellite.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Those happen all of the time and seem to be more frequently lately. The kodi add-ons on streamsmart are the same as other builds. I've already read that some of the main people served are not stopping there stuff. The online support is only necessary for new people or those that can't get their heads around this type of service. My boxes and my friends that I have helped get them are all working just fine. There is an adjustment to using kodi type devices and based on what I read and hear those that bitch the loudest have the biggest misunderstanding of what they are actually using. After over a year and a half using this stuff primarily, hiccups come and go on a fairly regular cycle but it is still cheaper than cable or satellite.
True I have been rocking my firesticks for years. I think this software should cost a minimal fee however. The developer's have to be spending $$$, servers and bandwidth are $$$, lawsuits etc. I read an article a while back about developer's asking the guys selling loaded equipment for a premium to kick down for help with attorneys fees etc. I see that request justified since people are raking in cash providing free software they didn't develope or pay for

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
How is an Nvidia different than the Streamsmart or Renegade? BTW both our streaamsmart and the two renegades still work fine.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
How is an Nvidia different than the Streamsmart or Renegade? BTW both our streaamsmart and the two renegades still work fine.
Nvidia is a real company with real support. Streamsmart renegade and the like, aren't. Just because you throw a name on a cheap Chinese box you bought off buydig and charge a premium for a "service" that is mostly free doesn't make you legit. Case and point, this change of hands or "rebranding" of streamsmart stuff lol. My guess is that either A) the "owner" of the streamsmart boxes saw the writing on the walls and cashed out or B) there wasn't a "change of ownership" but its just a rebrand to distance itself away from streamsmart because they all started going to shit lol.

*Removes tinfoil hat*

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

h2o225

Reaction score
Wish I would have seen this before I posted on a previous thread. I have nothing on my boxes now.

USMC2010

Reaction score
Nvidia is a real company with real support. Streamsmart renegade and the like, aren't. Just because you throw a name on a cheap Chinese box you bought off buydig and charge a premium for a "service" that is mostly free doesn't make you legit. Case and point, this change of hands or "rebranding" of streamsmart stuff lol. My guess is that either A) the "owner" of the streamsmart boxes saw the writing on the walls and cashed out or B) there wasn't a "change of ownership" but its just a rebrand to distance itself away from streamsmart because they all started going to shit lol.

*Removes tinfoil hat*

The build these devices run, and near as I can tell they are all the same, on a Nvidia Shield would be the shit.

sml

Reaction score
Hey Waffles, where should i buy this nvidia shield from?

As for the other boxes my arcstream firebox and streamsmart are still working.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Hey Waffles, where should i buy this nvidia shield from?

As for the other boxes my arcstream firebox and streamsmart are still working.

Amazon, Bestbuy, b&h photo...hell even a authorized eBay seller. They've been as low as $125 recently w/o the gaming controller.

sml

Reaction score
Amazon, Bestbuy, b&h photo...hell even a authorized eBay seller. They've been as low as $125 recently w/o the gaming controller.

I saw them there, but just wanted to be sure it had kodi or whatever on it from wherever i bought it. It will not be used for gaming so is the controller necessary or does it act as a remote?

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
I saw them there, but just wanted to be sure it had kodi or whatever on it from wherever i bought it. It will not be used for gaming so is the controller necessary or does it act as a remote?

Both. The gaming remote can also be used for games you get off the Google play store or games if you DL an emulator. I have an entire NES catalog on a USB that i gave to my sister so my nephew could play on their shield.

USMC2010

Reaction score
I didn't need to but tested this on one of mine this morning, it works. If you think you bricked your box, follow the instructions in this video and you will be back to normal.

Last edited:

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Mine still works... But nowhere near the way it 2 years ago though!

WildWilly

Reaction score
Mine still works... But nowhere near the way it 2 years ago though!

From what I've been reading the older boxes aren't running all that good due to the apps and content being loaded are using more processor and memory and taxing them. That was another thing noted in alot of the comparisons, that the streamsmart boxes run and older processor than some of the other boxes.

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
I just did the updates through the utilities app and media player. It still shows SmartStream. Can't say anything is working better

WildWilly

Reaction score
I bit the bullet and signed up for Real Debrid...wow...its a big difference. Higher quailty streams, they open faster, so far never had one buffer etc. For 3 bucks a month its worth it to me after the first 3 days.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
I bit the bullet and signed up for Real Debrid...wow...its a big difference. Higher quailty streams, they open faster, so far never had one buffer etc. For 3 bucks a month its worth it to me after the first 3 days.
Wait I thought these magic boxes came with a paid subscription of some sort which "justified" their price....

Doc

2022 32 Doug Wright
Reaction score
Wait I thought these magic boxes came with a paid subscription of some sort which "justified" their price....

Isn't Kodi borderline dead Waffles? I haven't used in a couple of months and have been out of the loop. I know about all the trouble with the developers and what not just haven't been on forums in while, just curious cause I know you keep up on it.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Isn't Kodi borderline dead Waffles? I haven't used in a couple of months and have been out of the loop. I know about all the trouble with the developers and what not just haven't been on forums in while, just curious cause I know you keep up on it.
Kodi itself isn't dead and isn't going to disappear anytime soon. 3rd party addons and repos might but for everyone that drops, there's a new one being developed and released.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score

My paid add on still work. Just watched the fights on Sunday :p

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
My s4 box isn't working for shit. I updated and restarted kodi. Some streams work but they are the wrong movies.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
My s4 box isn't working for shit. I updated and restarted kodi. Some streams work but they are the wrong movies.
I was wondering how fast these issues were going to pop back up. I wrote about urlresolver a while back and it seems like it's hit everyone already. But I'm sure the developers over at streamsmart already knew about this and are working tirelessly around the clock to get things straightened out lol
IMG_20180220_213729.jpg

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
My paid add on still work. Just watched the fights on Sunday :p
Real rebrid and iptv are paid addons on top of the "paid" addons your magic box has for "content/streams no one else has access to"

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Real rebrid and iptv are paid addons on top of the "paid" addons your magic box has for "content/streams no one else has access to"

I’m aware [emoji4]

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Oh and my s3 boxes still work. I’m going to go ahead and say it user error

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Think I was one of the first to buy. What five years ago? Great purchase :D but keep on hating

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Any little computer device I get five years out of is a big win. Wish I could get five years out of my phones

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Im not hating at all. I just think it's funny that you got hustled into buying something that already had a "subscription" just to turn around and pay for another subscription lol. But hey do you [emoji106]

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Im not hating at all. I just think it's funny that you got hustled into buying something that already had a "subscription" just to turn around and pay for another subscription lol. But hey do you [emoji106]

You misunderstood my post. I haven’t paid for anything other than he box. The box came with paid for apps. Mine still work and instill use them. My s3 still works for what I want it to. That’s 5 years. I don’t believe I got hustled

WildWilly

Reaction score
well considering sundays fights were free and not PPV I don't think thats saying much lol

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
You misunderstood my post. I haven’t paid for anything other than he box. The box came with paid for apps. Mine still work and instill use them. My s3 still works for what I want it to. That’s 5 years. I don’t believe I got hustled
You don't have to prove anything to me. That's awesome that your s3 still works. You got blessed with a very magical magic box. Others, however, don't seem to share the same sentiment as you. But I'm sure you're right, it's probably all user error. In regards to the phone comment, I'm not sure what you expect. You have an iPhone soooo...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

To all:
Get your shit together idiots. You're supposed to push the red button TWICE not once.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
It was on fs1. Since I have a 30 dollar directv package (just for nanny and kids) I don’t get that channel. I work six days a week. I watch supercross on fs1 and street outlaws on discovery. Thats all I need the box for. I watch every ufc pay per view for free and have since I bought an s3 years ago. The s3 is in bhc in the kids room. Still played their cartoons last time we were out there a few months ago. The s3 I’ve deleted everything I don’t need. My s4’s at home are currently on and working. Those don’t have adult add ons. I have a new router from Verizon and no issues. Sorry the rest of you guys got hustled I guess

Tank

Reaction score
I have two of the boxes. They were working all good until last night one of the boxes wasn't playing anything. Went through all the clean cache, change wifi link, etc. and then decided, screw it, I'll just factory re-set and re-load. Did it a couple times and it won't reload the apps. I'm almost certain it's user error on my end and I'm not doing something right but just didn't have the time last night to screw with it. Other thing is our boxes are the first gen (the provider we bought through has a next gen out now that a couple of friends have purchased and they work really well) so I'm kinda guessing the new downloads just don't run as well on the older system like Waffles expalined. Box in our room is working fine though lol, so I don't know. I'll screw with it and if it doesn't work, I'll just buy the updated box. Running these things for a couple years now and it's paid for itself 100X's over.