WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RV Detail and boat Detail

Meaney77

Reaction score
Just an observation, not complaining or anything but there seems to be a drastic change in pricing and not sure why.

Having my RV detailed this week, its 40' with zero oxidation. Have it detailed twice a year- detailed meaning full wash, scrubbing the roof, high pressure wash the undercarriage and wheel wells, complete hand wax, polish aluminum rims and windows and it ranges between $4.50-$5.00 a foot.

Boat- 25' closed bow boat- I called a few places last week and for a full detail prices range between $14.00-$16.00 a foot. for a full detail, light sanding over any oxidation, steam clean engine, steam clean carpets and clean interior.

Again not complaining just an observation and trying to better understand why their is such a price difference between the 2. I would think doing the RV is double the amount of time and man power yet is about 1/2 of what I pay to get the boat handled.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
When you buy a part for a car it’s 99.99 when you buy the same part for a boat it’s 199.99 and again the same part for a plane is 699.99 putting Boat in front of anything raises the cost

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
You're getting the RV way cheap! Where and who is giving you that price??

Sent from a van down by the river. [emoji111]️[emoji41]

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
I would guess it also has to do with most RV panel being nice and flat with a big work area vs working all the angles around deck hardware.... etc.... And then there is the usual luxury Bust Out Anther Thousand tax that non of us can get away from.

Last edited:

Singleton

Reaction score
Boat Detail = interior and exterior is included
RV Detail = exterior detail, price starts to go higher if you ask for interior and exterior

Meaney77

Reaction score
Demographics- I would think I would be posting much more in CA

LakeMeadLavey

Reaction score
I did detailing years ago and still do all of my own work down to paint correction/color sanding. I live in Ventura County and can say most of the detailers out here are like mow and blow gardeners. I watch some of these mobile guys that come to my office and I wouldn't let them touch my cars or toys. Most people though are 100% satisfied with this level of work. With that being said, I know of the detailers in Havasu and their level of quality and work is on another level than the mobile guys in Ventura County. In addition, mobile detailers in Ventura County are a dime a dozen. I think this is where your price differnce is coming into play. $4.50-$5/FT is ridiculously cheap. I would not touch a motorhome or boat for those prices. Think of it like a contractor you get what you pay for. Some are more than satisfied with sub par work and others know and appreciate the difference.

YZFRider

Reaction score
10$ a ft is where most start for detailing motor homes in Havasu. It will vary depending on the polishing and compounding required. If the RV needs extensive polishing and compounding, my prices will increase much more then they would for an extra step on a boat simply because of the labor involved. We typically charge around 15$ a ft for a boat. That price is higher than an RV as it also includes interior, trailer, etc.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I did detailing years ago and still do all of my own work down to paint correction/color sanding. I live in Ventura County and can say most of the detailers out here are like mow and blow gardeners. I watch some of these mobile guys that come to my office and I wouldn't let them touch my cars or toys. Most people though are 100% satisfied with this level of work. With that being said, I know of the detailers in Havasu and their level of quality and work is on another level than the mobile guys in Ventura County. In addition, mobile detailers in Ventura County are a dime a dozen. I think this is where your price differnce is coming into play. $4.50-$5/FT is ridiculously cheap. I would not touch a motorhome or boat for those prices. Think of it like a contractor you get what you pay for. Some are more than satisfied with sub par work and others know and appreciate the difference.

There's only a few guys in LHC that I would say are "next level." Seems like everybody and their brother has bought a mobile wash rig and are calling themselves detailers right now.

I like Griner (Detail Specialties), and Jessie (Adrenaline). I have also heard good things about YZFRider (Attn 2 Detail) but haven't had a chance to use him yet.

RD

Meaney77

Reaction score
Again I am not complaining, thats the going rate and I am happy to pay- thats all part of having toys. Just find it interesting such a difference in pricing between both.

LakeMeadLavey

Reaction score
There's only a few guys in LHC that I would say are "next level." Seems like everybody and their brother has bought a mobile wash rig and are calling themselves detailers right now.

I like Griner (Detail Specialties), and Jessie (Adrenaline). I have also heard good things about YZFRider (Attn 2 Detail) but haven't had a chance to use him yet.

RD
Agreed. Exactly what I was getting at. The Griner, Adrenaline and Attn 2 Detail guys are a cut above at their trade than the low ball guy who just bought a detail trailer. Anybody can wash and throw a coat of wax on but there is A LOT more to it than that if you want quality work done.

Kbach

Reaction score
Funny you say- boat detail in Havasu and RV in Ventura county

Could you post or PM contact info for the RV guy. I’m in Simi and pay about the same but the quality isn’t that great. Wouldn’t mind trying somebody else if they’re getting good reviews.