WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Coming to a Costco near you (maybe).

WAAZ

Reaction score
IMG_3624.JPG
It not a bargain like the $1.50 dog, but I'll give it a shot.

CobraDave

Reaction score
Sams was doing cheeseburgers and they were actually pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cdog

Reaction score
In Scottsdale they got rid of the chocolate in the soft serve machine and replaced it with berry. WTF!

Not a fan.....

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
They've been at mine......and they have chili too...chili is decent.....I put it on my hot dog. :D

NeverSatisfied

Reaction score
We have brisket sandwich at ours. Didn’t care for it!

cnj

Reaction score
I was going to try one, but was already full from eating all the samples….

Wow, you actually broke through all of the freeloaders with their 8 kids who were there hogging all of the samples so they could have a free lunch? How did you do it??????

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Anyone remember when Target had burgers? They were pretty good

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
They had the burgers over a year ago at a few stores doing market testing. I thought it was very good. Of course it’s not the bargain that their $1.50 all beef hot dog and a beverage is. I think the Costco dogs are made for them by Hebrew National as the dogs appear to be identical but the current Costco dog tastes differently (which is intentional).

The brisket sandwich was, for me, inedible as they put a sweet sauce on it. I couldn’t eat more than 2 bites. Never again.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
Pizza is also GOOD at a decent price....

4Waters

Reaction score
You guys are making me hungry a hot dog and a slice of pizza sound good right now.

Cray Paper

Reaction score
? Looks like a 5.00 McDonald's Big Mac? Since it's COSTCO, I'm sure their is more to it, but from the pic I would pass. Never tried the food court at CC but used to make sure I went their with the wife hungry on weekend trips. The tasting stations are great in the AM, not so much in the PM as the lines are long and, well, most people just suck at being people. I grew up in Kirkland WA and still find it odd that CC used Kirkland for their house branded stuff.

I got my BIL hooked on pellet smoking a couple of years ago and he does things way different than I did. He makes brisket all the time, dam near brines it for 48 hours, coats it with the typical spices then uses brown suger based rubs and then then bastes them with fruit juice and BBQ sauce until it's way over cooked. He then shreds it and mixes BBQ sauce in. It's OK, but not what I think it should be. Sounds like CC brisket sandwiches are similar?

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
2- 3 oz patties? Grill 'em fast or they will be dry......I'll pass.

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
Any of you ever cook the Costco hot dogs on a Traeger????? Unbelievable

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
They had the burgers over a year ago at a few stores doing market testing. I thought it was very good. Of course it’s not the bargain that their $1.50 all beef hot dog and a beverage is. I think the Costco dogs are made for them by Hebrew National as the dogs appear to be identical but the current Costco dog tastes differently (which is intentional).

The brisket sandwich was, for me, inedible as they put a sweet sauce on it. I couldn’t eat more than 2 bites. Never again.
Used to be Hebrew nationals. Now I think they are bar s.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
I used to love Costco dogs, only reason I had a membership. Now it seems like I eat one and burp it for a full month.

I went to sams club with a frien recently and had their Nathan’s dog, it was fantastic. Might have to get a membership to eat lunch there. Plus they have more topping options that Costco, not just chz, pep, combo like Costco.

WhatExit?

Reaction score
Like corn? They say you never really own it? lol!!

Corn is not a food - it's a digestive test

Many of the Costco stores sell the large Hebrew National dogs which I always have on hand (frozen in packs of 2 using our Costco seal-a-meal thing). I grill 'em, nuke 'em and even put them into our scrambled eggs.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Costco makes their own dogs. Hebrew National tried to jack up the price on them so Costco makes their own.

oldschool

Reaction score
We have brisket sandwich at ours. Didn’t care for it!

I tried one of those too, thing was mostly grease. Terrible. But it's hard to beat the polish dog and soda.

nameisbond

Reaction score
I was at Costco Canada the other day. Got a sundae. Didn't notice if they had burgers. Here they have poutine. Fries, cheese curds and gravy (for those that don't know). I'll try the poutine with a burger if they have it. Maybe a lunch trip over to Costco today is in order.

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
They have the burgers in Ontario California now.

Last edited:

rvrrun

Reaction score
I was at Costco Canada the other day. Got a sundae. Didn't notice if they had burgers. Here they have poutine. Fries, cheese curds and gravy (for those that don't know). I'll try the poutine with a burger if they have it. Maybe a lunch trip over to Costco today is in order.
Not to be confused with Poitin, the Irish know how to party.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
I live in Reno/Tahoe, we only have organic salads, low fat shit and snow shoes.

nameisbond

Reaction score
I checked our Costco, no burgers yet. The hot dogs are good but too many calories.

NeverSatisfied

Reaction score
Just went. No burger but pasta salad is new

WhatExit?

Reaction score
Costco makes their own dogs. Hebrew National tried to jack up the price on them so Costco makes their own.

Nah, except for chickens and all the stuff they make with chicken :D Costco doesn't make anything. Their stuff is made by companies that make those products under the Kirkland brand (private label) for them.

Every year Costco (and Home Depot with their POS "HDX" brand) come out with more of their Kirkland products made for them as they replace their best sellers with their own, higher margin products.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Nah, except for chickens and all the stuff they make with chicken :D Costco doesn't make anything. Their stuff is made by companies that make those products under the Kirkland brand (private label) for them.

Every year Costco (and Home Depot with their POS "HDX" brand) come out with more of their Kirkland products made for them as they replace their best sellers with their own, higher margin products.

Correct, Kirkland/Costco directly makes nothing. What I meant was that the hot dogs are no longer 'Hebrew National' hot dogs. they are Kirkland dogs made by some other firm.

The HDX spray bottles are very good.

screaming pete

Reaction score
I always thought there Brisket sandwich tasted like Pulled pork..sp

oldschool

Reaction score

Yes, BUT, they do come up with their own recipes for items. Kirkland brand sports drink, ice cream, protein bars, etc are formulated at their food lab, then manufactured by outside vendors. About 15 years ago, I was working with Costco on a fresh squeezed orange juice program. I was sourcing the fruit and working with their food techs closely on flavor profile. The plan was to put a juice machine in every Costco. Whole thing got scrapped because of liability issues(E Coli, food poisoning).