WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Gatorstep on aluminum steps

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Went with a buddy to look at a boat today, and I’ve seen the Gatorstep material a few times but never touched it etc. after seeing it up close and touching it i gotta have some! Before we left for Havasu i was actually screwing around with my Dana aluminum swim steps, as i had a mark in the coating on them and was going to fix that. Got home and got back at it and was like “yes i gotta do this!”

So has anyone seen or done the Gatorstep or similar in replacement of the little rubber non slip strips yet? I’m planning to call next week and if they haven’t done them I’m going to see about sending them my step as the thickness etc i think they’d be better at getting everything all fingered out etc., if they haven’t already done it.

Also going to do a few little pieces on trailer and do my front seat footrests i believe when i do this.
24B637D6-D01A-49EF-BBEE-87A226E1C77C.jpeg
8DF4E753-6872-456A-AE37-884FB16FC323.jpeg

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I’m gonna Seadek my new swim steps. I want to machine a recessed rectangle area a 1/16” or so deep to account for the extra height of the product. I need to talk to them about that detail to incorporate that into the steps

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I’m gonna Seadek my new swim steps. I want to machine a recessed rectangle area a 1/16” or so deep to account for the extra height of the product. I need to talk to them about that detail to incorporate that into the steps
Nice, what kind of steps?

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Kustom. Making new steps for use my current bases. I have something similar to yours now, with slots instead of rubber inserts. Going to make them wider, and about 4-5 inches longer.
Their website has a ton of info on it, I’d bet you could either order a sample or just order the pieces the size you want, in the dual color for sure, then be able to mill out the inner rectangle to be perfect height and size as you’d have the material right there to do all the exact measurements

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
They'll make it fit easy.
My templates included strips less than 1/2" wide around floor openings.