WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lookin' reall serious at a Quigley....

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
I've been wanting one of these custom made Shiloh Sharp's for years.....Thinking about pulling the plug and placing an order. Extremely accurate and I can custom load my rounds to knock a gnat off a paddle board at 1,200 hundred yards with open sights no less.:eek::D

wm_7592902.jpg

ram78d10

Reaction score
I've been wanting one of these custom made Shiloh Sharp's for years.....Thinking about pulling the plug and placing an order. Extremely accurate and I can custom load my rounds to knock a gnat off a paddle board at 1,200 hundred yards with open sights no less.:eek::D

wm_7592902.jpg
They aint cheap Tex but if its what you want, go for it.

I myself prefer rifles designed by a feller named John Garand.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Dont know shit about these things other than the fun perspective.

and from that - it looks like a ball shoot all day long for 6.23. If you have the property to do it then its even more fun.

If it can really put the load down like that with a 45/70 that's amazing its got a rainbow trajectory in cartridge form - but I love that cartridge myself but I guess you can put whatever you want behind a ball!

all these punks nowadays with the rapid-fire stuff never learned its about the lead you put on target vs the lead you simply put downrange

The reload time lets me reflect on what I could have done better.

UD

Yellowboat

Reaction score
that's also what makes it great.

Great things never come quickly but only at expense of time to do it right.

UD
I have wanted one for awhile. I would go 4570 so you don't have too deal with paper patches.

Old Texan

Reaction score
I have wanted one for awhile. I would go 4570 so you don't have too deal with paper patches.
Not sure why you need paper patches. Shiloh builds modern rifles designed for smokeless powder and no need for paper or other "wadding". Interesting article from a guy that has been doing this stuff for many years....

Lyman reloading guide has great data for 45/70 and 45/100

http://www.shootingtimes.com/ammo/ammunition_stcast_040306/

Old Texan

Reaction score

A gnat is a small pesky nuisance......

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
I've been wanting one of these custom made Shiloh Sharp's for years.....Thinking about pulling
wm_7592902.jpg
the plug and placing an order. Extremely accurate and I can custom load my rounds to knock a gnat off a paddle board at 1,200 hundred yards with open sights no less.:eek::D

Can I be there when you shoot that gnat off his paddle board? I'm good for lunch and a flight out of town if you hit dead mass by mistake.:)

McKay

Reaction score
I flew up to Big Timber probably 12-15 years ago. Toured the shop and ordered a gun, picked out wood, full engraving etc while I was there. I did the 45/90. Very nice guns and lots of fun.

rrrr

Reaction score
That was a pretty good movie. It was great when the scene switched from the dining room to an exterior shot, and the rancher came flying through the window propelled by Quigly.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
My father has owned no less than 20 Sharps. They are super neat guns for sure.

As always I shill my pop's business if you are in to old guns. He is the best vintage gun leather guy in the country. www.westernstarleather.com