WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Battery options for Audio

28Eliminator

Reaction score
I have 2 Grp27 Interstate batteries in the boat just for the stereo (separate Grp24 for the Engine) currently.. One of them has gone south. I want to replace both, but need some insight on what might be a better option. Maybe AGM's?

I don't want to change mounts, or re-wire the boat, so I need something that will fit in the current Grp 27 mounts/. What do you guys think?

When the battery went south, it appears to have fried my alternator as well, and possibly my on board charger. The 2 batteries are tied together, and the one was REALLY hot when I was looking at it in storage the other day. I disconnected them from each other, and the one that was hot was reading 10.3 volts. The other one was reading 12.2. I'm guessing it shorted out?

HitIt

Reaction score
Put two new cheapos from Costco in every 2-3 years and call it a day.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score

Yeah that's the route I take with the RV but with 6V. Just have to keep fillin' them up with water.
I've run them dry a couple times and they keep on chugging.

28Eliminator

Reaction score

That’s what I’ve been doing, but never had one short out like that before..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I use 2 cheapo's from walmart. Easier to warranty out as walmarts are everywhere

HitIt

Reaction score
That’s what I’ve been doing, but never had one short out like that before..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never heard of that happening. I would chalk it up to bad luck and carry on as usual.

HitIt

Reaction score
Yeah that's the route I take with the RV but with 6V. Just have to keep fillin' them up with water.
I've run them dry a couple times and they keep on chugging.

I forgot to flip my battery switch on my RV to off before I put it in storage. Came back 3 weeks later and the 6V batteries were totally dead. Like all the way. Charged them back up and they have been working fine ever since. I am sure that I lost some capacity but 6V batteries are beasts!