WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Lower River was looow...

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
In preparation for hurricane Rosa, they have been dropping the water level in our area of the river. Typically, the left side of that sandbar is underwater, as is the cut in the middle.

It dropped another 10-12 inches throughout the day after I took this pic and another foot overnight. In all my years on the river, I've never seen it this low before. Crazy.

Got slammed by storm this afternoon and the entire place was inundated with flash floods. If we would have left to go back to Phoenix 15 minutes later we wouldn't have been able to pass through the washes.

I love Arizona!
DJI_0238-5.jpeg
20180929_161532.jpeg

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KevinR

Reaction score
Incredible to see the sand bar and river like that from this vantage point. Thank you!

DLC

Reaction score
Cool pics! Get a big old tractor out there and dig it all up!

LoL
Amazing how the water creates the sand bars, and yet we control the water flow!

Boat 405

Reaction score
We were just below fishers when it came through Hidden Shores. Somehow we missed the horrific deluge that hit Hiddenshores and other places. Then we drove the boat back and got off the water without getting a single drop. We left our place about 6pm the east side of 95 just south of imperial dam road was an enormous river with rapids. I couldn’t believe it

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Interesting to see how they manage the volume of water. I personally just thought the water was flowing 24-7

lebel409

Reaction score
We were at Cottonwood and it was down about 4 feet...the driver knows there area well but still took out his prop while I was skiing...lucky the lower unit wasn't snapped off.

Might be related?

Riley1

Reaction score
We were at Cottonwood and it was down about 4 feet...the driver knows there area well but still took out his prop while I was skiing...lucky the lower unit wasn't snapped off.

Might be related?
Mohave is being dropped for a fish habitat collection deal. They shouldn't be related.

wiseone

Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
We did our annual family camp out trip this weekend on the sandbar in between 4S & Walters. Needless to say it was pretty schetchy getting up there & back from Fishers Landing with 5 boats, we all made it up and back with no issues but it wasn't easy especially since all the boats were heavier with camping gear

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
View attachment 688646 View attachment 688647 We did our annual family camp out trip this weekend on the sandbar in between 4S & Walters. Needless to say it was pretty schetchy getting up there & back from Fishers Landing with 5 boats, we all made it up and back with no issues but it wasn't easy especially since all the boats were heavier with camping gear
Man, that looks like so much fun!!

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk