WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

DW32 CAT5 Video Monster Bash Ride Along

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Wanted to get a video out of this weekends run. This is rough cut no sound overlays or anything to give you an idea of peace and quiet in boat. 4 minute video with the tail end of Card Stop one. End of video I was testing out a Evo Gimbal in garage. :)

DWC

Reaction score
We saw you coming up on the Thompson Bay buoy line. Boat looks awesome at speed. Looks like a blast to drive.

TCHB

Reaction score
This boat is so nice and simple. If I was going to buy a performance boat this would be my first pick.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Wow Sam, that thing really shrinks the sz. of the lake.

Reactions: SJP

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
Awesome video. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Good times. Wife and I really like the boat and enjoy using it. Now with cooler weather I will put on some different props and run less gas in it. I should be able to hit some bigger numbers in it. With wife and my boys we were getting 124 this summer. Appreciate all of the positive feedback. Hard to release videos that will please everybody.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
NIce video!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
How are you getting engine RPM into the video?

How do you like it compared to some of the other cats that you have owned?

RD

Ocean goer

Reaction score
Wanted to get a video out of this weekends run. This is rough cut no sound overlays or anything to give you an idea of peace and quiet in boat. 4 minute video with the tail end of Card Stop one. End of video I was testing out a Evo Gimbal in garage. :)

Love this boat, thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
How are you getting engine RPM into the video?

How do you like it compared to some of the other cats that you have owned?

RD

I am pulling the RPM data from the NNEA 2000 link across the backplane of the Vessel View and the Gamin GPS 7600. I have the Garmin VIRB connected into the Plotter WIFI so I can control the camera from the screen and also see WTF is going on in the frame of camera. I have a outdoor temp sensor and a heart rate monitor I sometimes make GiGi wear... LOL. You can pull water temp and depth as well as other stats. It is pretty cool.

I have to say I really like certain characteristics of this boat more that the others I have owned. The 27 Daytona that OceanGoer now owns you cannot beat the value of that ride and the gel is sharp. I really like the flashyness and sound of the HighVoltage329 m31 that I previously owned. I completely updated that boat and it ran super fast. I liked the white highlights on that boat and the motors were super load at idle. It was bad ass. Ripped. But the DW32 planes and comes off plane so smooth. It runs super effortlessly and efficient. I really just always want to take it out on the water and go boating. With these high end cats that just was not always the case for me.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
she looked beaautiful puttin in....saw u coming back at us around 3 dunes! such a bitchin ride

Bullhead bully

Reaction score
Very cool video Sam ! Awesome boat. I can’t wait till we can run them together. I’m getting closer.

Ocean goer

Reaction score
Gorgeous boat and very impressive #s, especially with 4 people on board.

You see how it accelerated out of the hop? I think maybe two hops and straight to plane.

Ocean goer

Reaction score
Good times. Wife and I really like the boat and enjoy using it. Now with cooler weather I will put on some different props and run less gas in it. I should be able to hit some bigger numbers in it. With wife and my boys we were getting 124 this summer. Appreciate all of the positive feedback. Hard to release videos that will please everybody.

Please keep us updated with the bigger props and cooler weather run.
Thanks

TVMNick

Reaction score
Love the DW32! What prompted your move from the M31 over to the DW?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
If you guys (bulheadbully as well) haven’t put the upgraded propshaftd in em yet, it is something you might want to consider!

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
I've ridden in the M31 and it is a beast. You cant compare a DCB 31 against a true cat, even when it's an I/O vs outboards, they are VERY different boats. Maintenance & fuel economy not to mention ride quality when it gets rough.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score

Loved my DCB boats - they are awesome but as Lake PAL stated just different rides. Kind of like driving around a Ferrari 488 as a daily driver. Hey some guys do it. I have a friend that owns 1 of 2 M31s with 2X1350 merc power packages. The thing is a monster. Just a completely different program. I really like and have come to appreciate the efficiency and not to sound cheesy grace of the newer outboard cats. I do not think twice about putting hours on the motors or depreciation scales. Cleanup and detailing is a breeze. My family and friends enjoy the boat and the overall program is much more relaxed which makes for a better day on the water. Not sure if that answers your question. I just sold my DCB 21 foot boat but I am sure I will own another god willing some day. I like the boats and they are great on Havasu where I like to boat.

SJP

TVMNick

Reaction score
Loved my DCB boats - they are awesome but as Lake PAL stated just different rides. Kind of like driving around a Ferrari 488 as a daily driver. Hey some guys do it. I have a friend that owns 1 of 2 M31s with 2X1350 merc power packages. The thing is a monster. Just a completely different program. I really like and have come to appreciate the efficiency and not to sound cheesy grace of the newer outboard cats. I do not think twice about putting hours on the motors or depreciation scales. Cleanup and detailing is a breeze. My family and friends enjoy the boat and the overall program is much more relaxed which makes for a better day on the water. Not sure if that answers your question. I just sold my DCB 21 foot boat but I am sure I will own another god willing some day. I like the boats and they are great on Havasu where I like to boat.

SJP

Totally makes sense, honestly I'm kind of in the same situation which is why I wanted your thoughts. Love my F32 and the power it makes, but after driving a 400R outboard cat I was extremely impressed. All of the things you stated, ease of maintenance, efficiency and lack of worry over hours on engines are big drivers for me. I'm thinking about making the jump over and the DW32 and Wright Performance 360 boats are at the very top of my list for outboard cats.

Thanks for the reply!

Bullhead bully

Reaction score
As most of you know myself and Scott up north a.k.a. War canoe Have been running outboards for decades on many many odifferent types of hulls. But with the development of the four stroke supercharged motors everything has changed. Scott was running a 275 Verado back in 2005 on a 22 Daytona. To my knowledge he was the first running a supercharged four stroke on a cat. It’s evolved a bunch since then. Now it’s a whole new world with 400 hp and probably much more just around the corner.

Also the development of the new hulls from West Coast to East Coast a bunch of different new options make running an outboard make so much sense! I have no desire to go back to an inboard. All that noise fuel and maintenance. No thank you!

Silence and vicious performance = efficiency. That’s where the future is going.

We’ve Known it was coming for a long time I’m glad to see that it’s finally here and enough people are jumping on board to support it to promote the development of new products. It used to be only driven by fisherman now we get a reasonable number of Performance Boats involved. Very cool.

I still call them expensive high performance fishing boats because we all run fishing motors. That’s a fact. Without fisherman ( Bass boats and center consuls) outboards wouldn’t exist.

Ocean goer

Reaction score
Totally makes sense, honestly I'm kind of in the same situation which is why I wanted your thoughts. Love my F32 and the power it makes, but after driving a 400R outboard cat I was extremely impressed. All of the things you stated, ease of maintenance, efficiency and lack of worry over hours on engines are big drivers for me. I'm thinking about making the jump over and the DW32 and Wright Performance 360 boats are at the very top of my list for outboard cats.

Thanks for the reply!

Oh man I am jealous of you, just do it already and look forward to seeing it!
[emoji106][emoji109][emoji631][emoji869]

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
It will be incredible to see a couple of DW's tearing up Havasu. Let us know when you want to rip up the Delta & SF Bay.

TVMNick

Reaction score
Oh man I am jealous of you, just do it already and look forward to seeing it!
[emoji106][emoji109][emoji631][emoji869]

I'm hearing that there may be some cool new things to see at the Miami boat show in February, so I will sit tight until then. Its an exciting time with all of these new technologies being debuted and fast reliable performance becoming a staple, not just a pipe dream.