WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Food In Havasu - Dave's opinions

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I just checked the Four Clovers menu and there were a few McKees dishes. Is this run by the same couple that served food at McKees?

It is owned by the owners of McGee's. I recently heard they purchased the "R" Bar on the southside of town as well, but can't confirm that.

RD

milkmoney

Reaction score
Since I am a Dave, I just ate at Pza pizza with the MOM crew and had a salad . You can choose from the ingredients you want. Very good
[emoji106] [emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

getreal

Reaction score
I heard about that.. Bummed as they had great food. The place that was there before JA was flat ass amazing as well.

RD

$249 K includes the building and the land.
Sounds like a deal

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Does anyone know why JA’s is closing right in the middle of summer? Seems odd to me.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
You guys realize dave rates the resturants on their bathroom and how soon he has to use it don't you?

China buffet was a 5 star. Nice bathroom and almost instant use of it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
I read the first page then realized this post started 6 years ago . Lol

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
"RELEASE THE HOUNDS!! There are explosions happening beneath me, the god damn seat is sliding around and I'm feeling like that cartoon monkey on the banana peel. Left! Right!! LEFT!!! OOOOHHH SHIT!! Off we go."

236eagledave

Reaction score
How is the Frankenstein place ?

I’ve been there a couple of times. Neighborhood bar kind of place. Hot Dogs and hamburgers and your typical bar appetizers. Simple but good. $6.00 pitchers of beer nice and cold. Nothing really special but a nice friendly place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
I’ve been there a couple of times. Neighborhood bar kind of place. Hot Dogs and hamburgers and your typical bar appetizers. Simple but good. $6.00 pitchers of beer nice and cold. Nothing really special but a nice friendly place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Thanks

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Burgers by the bridge.. This place has great burgers and you can’t beat eating down at water level with the bridge! That said make sure you go at noon or early afternoon and not late afternoon like I did on this day. When the sun starts to set it is right in your eyes when you are eating and hard to take pics of bridge etc.

The only thing that I don’t like is the give you the burgers plain and you have to ask for sides of mayo, thousand etc. I wish they’d just put that on the burger and commit to the idea that this is “our” burger and if you don’t want it ask for it without it.

Anyhow kids love the burgers and always comment how good the meat tastes which is unusual for kids of that age.

Their fries are in n out style but with way more flavor. You will eat all of them and then steal more off the plate of the person sitting next to you when they aren’t looking. I know you are saying “I wouldn’t do that.” Yes you will.

Clam chowder is bomb! Get a cup of that with your lunch.. the cup is large and it’s the second best clam chowder in town!

They have an entire seafood menu with buckets of lobster and shrimp but I haven’t tried it yet.

I got the chicken sandwich and it was good, but not my favorite but not due to lack of quality.. it’s just the burgers are good and you will feel like you’re missing out.

That said this place takes your money when you walk through the door for a reason. The price tag would put you in cardiac arrest if you got the bill after you ate the burger. When your order they collect.

Clam chowder, three bottles of water, one iced tea, 3 kids cheese burgers, one chicken sandwich.. 44.00 and change “pre tip”. If course ya punch in the 20% because we aren’t cheap asses and 53.00 and change.. good lord.

That said kids today said they wanted burgers by the bridge.

17F93C20-E27D-4915-BA65-FC0D1BEAD2F5.jpeg
7377C741-DF4F-48EB-AA66-FDF3F2B9EE12.jpeg
4B3BA0ED-831D-4F50-A14A-E818FC465094.jpeg
2367F717-8927-467B-BB2A-F40B72A974D6.jpeg
204DE03D-166B-4CFE-A8E2-A80327AF6BB2.jpeg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Shogun

Yes the kids asked for burgers by the bridge but if I tell them we can eat anywhere they want they will all start chanting “shogun shogun shogun” (I’m not kidding). Ever since I introduced them to dumplings this is their spot of choice and we go there all the time including today.

Usually in the evenings when the restaurant is in full swing there is a sewage smell right at the front door. I have no idea what the f is up with that but it’s been going on for years. I wish they’d fix that shit (pun intended) because your first impression is that, and right after you eat it will be your last memory.

Hot tip, there is parking and an entrance in the back right into the bar to avoid that.

For the adults they have happy hours and apps are half off and drinks by CJ and Haven are poured “stout.” If you roll down there on any given weekday you will find yourself lost in TPC style conversations with the locals. Get their early because it fills up fast. Obviously I’m married with kids so my happy hour days are few and far between anymore but I sneak out when opportunities arise.

Typical Teppan joint.. the food depends on the cook you get and the flavors can vary wildly from meh to Holy goodness.

It’s considered by most to be the best restaurant town and in my circles of friends it’s event central. Every birthday, etc we always end up at shogun.

Hot tip #2 for those not in the know. The private room looks cool with the teppan tables that have the blue lights etc.. Those grills are electric and don’t have overhead hoods. They don’t get as hot as the other grills and the cooks hate them. Because there is no exhaust fans if you fill the room and everyone is eating it can get pretty Smokey in there.

That said if you are gonna go party with 15-20 of your closest friends and act like assholes, better to contain it in that room and not bother the families trying to eat with their kids. Etc.. if you are just there eating with the family and they try to stick you in there wait it out for normal tables.

Ate there with the kids for lunch today and here’s the pics before we get into more of the ins and outs..

07388476-ACF8-4A67-B139-3E76C1B12774.jpeg
39893F04-9E51-4B9F-A316-9F75BC2FA3EC.jpeg
605B53D2-C77D-4122-BBEE-0E1A0F1CB32B.jpeg
7770FDDE-4042-46C2-A62E-55F05488E592.jpeg
BA6C9A06-3CD2-4027-B4FE-0D32AB99B755.jpeg
FAEB8B4C-EE1D-4D16-BCE8-1EF731AE9A96.jpeg

The service here almost always takes forever.. it’s just part of it, you can get mad about it or have work arounds.. Order several appetizers with the drink orders. Our Goto is usually two orders of dumplings, one spicy etimame for Stacy and egg rolls. If the place is jumping order all this shit at the bar including cocktails.. they will deliver to your table or the bar doesn’t matter. Leave your bar tab open if you are with a large group and or if place is packed. When you Goto take a piss order more drinks it’s faster. Waiters get a little pissy about it but it is what it is..

On the subject of bathrooms it’s surprising but most don’t know the bar has its own bathrooms in the back kind of tucked away. These are always available and clean.

The front bathroom.. I don’t know what fucking genius decided it would be a grand idea to put a motion sensor light in bathrooms but he is an asshole.

So your in there surfing rdp on the throne and about the time you get done reading this post the fucking lights go off and it’s pitch black. You can imagine the rest of the scenario but basically it ends with toilet paper and the phone flashlight etc.

Anyhow great spot, great food, and for two with drinks it’s a hundred bucks.

Attachments

• B089B330-86DC-4356-9C15-52D36EC777FF.jpeg
    B089B330-86DC-4356-9C15-52D36EC777FF.jpeg
    249.3 KB · Views: 170
  • E3426501-4096-4E1B-A164-5C9638433F49.jpeg
    E3426501-4096-4E1B-A164-5C9638433F49.jpeg
    200.6 KB · Views: 194
  • 28FF1D0E-24BB-4048-8D5F-B029278AD965.jpeg
    28FF1D0E-24BB-4048-8D5F-B029278AD965.jpeg
    196.4 KB · Views: 172
  • E7CEDCB2-B6ED-452C-A427-D780AE3BD559.jpeg
    E7CEDCB2-B6ED-452C-A427-D780AE3BD559.jpeg
    167 KB · Views: 173

MeCasa16

Reaction score
But now Havasu has a Culver’s! Wisconsin’s finest..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Meaney77

Reaction score
Shogun

Yes the kids asked for burgers by the bridge but if I tell them we can eat anywhere they want they will all start chanting “shogun shogun shogun” (I’m not kidding). Ever since I introduced them to dumplings this is their spot of choice and we go there all the time including today.

Usually in the evenings when the restaurant is in full swing there is a sewage smell right at the front door. I have no idea what the f is up with that but it’s been going on for years. I wish they’d fix that shit (pun intended) because your first impression is that, and right after you eat it will be your last memory.

Hot tip, there is parking and an entrance in the back right into the bar to avoid that.

For the adults they have happy hours and apps are half off and drinks by CJ and Haven are poured “stout.” If you roll down there on any given weekday you will find yourself lost in TPC style conversations with the locals. Get their early because it fills up fast. Obviously I’m married with kids so my happy hour days are few and far between anymore but I sneak out when opportunities arise.

Typical Teppan joint.. the food depends on the cook you get and the flavors can vary wildly from meh to Holy goodness.

It’s considered by most to be the best restaurant town and in my circles of friends it’s event central. Every birthday, etc we always end up at shogun.

Hot tip #2 for those not in the know. The private room looks cool with the teppan tables that have the blue lights etc.. Those grills are electric and don’t have overhead hoods. They don’t get as hot as the other grills and the cooks hate them. Because there is no exhaust fans if you fill the room and everyone is eating it can get pretty Smokey in there.

That said if you are gonna go party with 15-20 of your closest friends and act like assholes, better to contain it in that room and not bother the families trying to eat with their kids. Etc.. if you are just there eating with the family and they try to stick you in there wait it out for normal tables.

Ate there with the kids for lunch today and here’s the pics before we get into more of the ins and outs..

View attachment 708242 View attachment 708243 View attachment 708244 View attachment 708245 View attachment 708246 View attachment 708247

The service here almost always takes forever.. it’s just part of it, you can get mad about it or have work arounds.. Order several appetizers with the drink orders. Our Goto is usually two orders of dumplings, one spicy etimame for Stacy and egg rolls. If the place is jumping order all this shit at the bar including cocktails.. they will deliver to your table or the bar doesn’t matter. Leave your bar tab open if you are with a large group and or if place is packed. When you Goto take a piss order more drinks it’s faster. Waiters get a little pissy about it but it is what it is..

On the subject of bathrooms it’s surprising but most don’t know the bar has its own bathrooms in the back kind of tucked away. These are always available and clean.

The front bathroom.. I don’t know what fucking genius decided it would be a grand idea to put a motion sensor light in bathrooms but he is an asshole.

So your in there surfing rdp on the throne and about the time you get done reading this post the fucking lights go off and it’s pitch black. You can imagine the rest of the scenario but basically it ends with toilet paper and the phone flashlight etc.

Anyhow great spot, great food, and for two with drinks it’s a hundred bucks.

My wife, kids and I love this place and eat there every-time we are in town. We have a few tepan places here around town where we live but kids all say that none of them hold a candle to Shogun!

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
My wife, kids and I love this place and eat there every-time we are in town. We have a few tepan places here around town where we live but kids all say that none of them hold a candle to Shogun!
Is there a secret code to sit at the "cooking tables"? Everytime we've been they just seat us at the standard tables.

Last edited:

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Four Clovers corned beef and cabbage before I destroyed it. I was GOOD!
View attachment 669284

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We went to Four Clovers after reading one of Dave's approval ratings.
Had a new waitress and took over 20 minutes to even get a hello.
Manager showing her the computer. At least take a drink order
We were ready to walk out, all 8 of us.
Then it took another 15 minutes for drinks
It was NOT busy.
Food was ok but hard to screw up boiled corned beef and cabbage
We did all enjoy the flat bread tacos. It was just a test but that would be the only thing I would go back there for.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Burgers by the bridge.. This place has great burgers and you can’t beat eating down at water level with the bridge! That said make sure you go at noon or early afternoon and not late afternoon like I did on this day. When the sun starts to set it is right in your eyes when you are eating and hard to take pics of bridge etc.

The only thing that I don’t like is the give you the burgers plain and you have to ask for sides of mayo, thousand etc. I wish they’d just put that on the burger and commit to the idea that this is “our” burger and if you don’t want it ask for it without it.

Anyhow kids love the burgers and always comment how good the meat tastes which is unusual for kids of that age.

Their fries are in n out style but with way more flavor. You will eat all of them and then steal more off the plate of the person sitting next to you when they aren’t looking. I know you are saying “I wouldn’t do that.” Yes you will.

Clam chowder is bomb! Get a cup of that with your lunch.. the cup is large and it’s the second best clam chowder in town!

They have an entire seafood menu with buckets of lobster and shrimp but I haven’t tried it yet.

I got the chicken sandwich and it was good, but not my favorite but not due to lack of quality.. it’s just the burgers are good and you will feel like you’re missing out.

That said this place takes your money when you walk through the door for a reason. The price tag would put you in cardiac arrest if you got the bill after you ate the burger. When your order they collect.

Clam chowder, three bottles of water, one iced tea, 3 kids cheese burgers, one chicken sandwich.. 44.00 and change “pre tip”. If course ya punch in the 20% because we aren’t cheap asses and 53.00 and change.. good lord.

That said kids today said they wanted burgers by the bridge.

View attachment 708237 View attachment 708238 View attachment 708239 View attachment 708240 View attachment 708241

Can you tie up along the sea wall there or do they have any docks you can use?

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Tried Four Clovers. Found it OK. Service was good. Wife ordered a burger. It was a just a bun and a hamburger patty, absolutely nothing else. She asked for lettuce and tomato. Waitress brought it. When we got the bill there was an additional $2 charge for the the piece of lettuce and a slice of tomato. I had the shepherds pie. It was OK, but seemed very dry, like it had been sitting for a while. Sandbar Grill was the best burgers. Believe they sold much of their kitchen equipment to Burgers Beneath the Bridge. We haven't eaten there. Heard their lobster buckets were good. La Vida Dolce is our go to place. Always good food and service.

Last edited:

WATERDOG

Eliminator Eagle Flying free in the heavens above!
Reaction score
We went to Four Clovers after reading one of Dave's approval ratings.
Had a new waitress and took over 20 minutes to even get a hello.
Manager showing her the computer. At least take a drink order
We were ready to walk out, all 8 of us.
Then it took another 15 minutes for drinks
It was NOT busy.
Food was ok but hard to screw up boiled corned beef and cabbage
We did all enjoy the flat bread tacos. It was just a test but that would be the only thing I would go back there for.
Only 20 min. Last time I was there it took them 45 min to bring the wrong food. Wife and I were the only ones there except 2 setting at the Bar.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Babaloo Lounge. Their El Malecon steak platter is excellent. Large rib eye steak covered with shrimp and served on a bed of rice. Plenty for two people, if you’re not starving. They had a $70 Tomohawk Steak on the board. Looked interesting. Waitress said it was about 3.5 lbs of meat. Suppose you could split that a few ways.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Babaloo Lounge. Their El Malecon steak platter is excellent. Large rib eye steak covered with shrimp and served on a bed of rice. Plenty for two people, if you’re not starving. They had a $70 Tomohawk Steak on the board. Looked interesting. Waitress said it was about 3.5 lbs of meat. Suppose you could split that a few ways.
The old 96er ...

Ballyhoo

Reaction score
Love the El Malecon!

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Lol... Year before last I think I would text Dave at least once a trip out there asking where to find this kind of food or that... Gotta know your sources and he always knew the good spots to eat.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I have done the Tomahawk twice at Bobaloos.. It’s a novelty and they don’t cook it nearly as well as the regular ribeyes..

Bobaloos when they originally opened was flat ass unbelievable good. Meet you could cut with a fork! It seems to have dipped a little lately.. Still extremely good and one of the best places in town.. Just not as good when they first opened. We still eat there all the time

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I haven’t updated this thread in a few years.. so previous opinions may have changed as some of the restaurants have gone up and down and even sideways.. lol

But today I had something good enough to warrant a post in here.. I’m not much on bbq as a whole but came down to Rebel Bbq because I saw a post on fb about their tri tip dip..

It did not disappoint!! Make sure you ask them for the wicked white sauce for it as well..

My daughter was says by she had the best chicken strips ever and loved the corn bread / mac and cheese etc.. she said “dad you need to post a positive review on this place”. Lol. So I did.

BD99213E-1BBD-4BC6-881B-0BE7AED052A3.jpeg
2929A0BC-C147-469A-BC13-5A34277D447C.jpeg

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I haven’t updated this thread in a few years.. so previous opinions may have changed as some of the restaurants have gone up and down and even sideways.. lol

But today I had something good enough to warrant a post in here.. I’m not much on bbq as a whole but came down to Rebel Bbq because I saw a post on fb about their tri tip dip..

It did not disappoint!! Make sure you ask them for the wicked white sauce for it as well..

My daughter was says by she had the best chicken strips ever and loved the corn bread / mac and cheese etc.. she said “dad you need to post a positive review on this place”. Lol. So I did.

View attachment 1007905 View attachment 1007906
For those that don't know, Rebel is in the original Juicys location across street from Smith's gas station.

Your ad here

Reaction score
Are there any good hole in the wall burger places? Like an A's Burger equivalent.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Are there any good hole in the wall burger places? Like an A's Burger equivalent.

T’s eats and treats next to Jersey Mike’s subs in the Safeway shopping center.. AMAZING BURGERS and they have a carne asada burrito to die for.. ask for it the way RiverDave orders it.. otherwise they are gonna fill it up with beans and rice though..