WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Merry christmas for my mother in law.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Happened Sat night around 9. Just left the tow yard getting her personal effects out of the car.

She was leaving my house and on her way back home after dropping off the kids from watching them. So much bad in this picture...

She is ok, but a little beat up and glass embedded everywhere in her.

She said she had a green light and got tee'd up by someone in the right rear and they are saying the same thing. No witnesses that stuck around to say either way. Waiting for the police report. Landed the Tahoe on its drivers side and slid a bit.

Just. dropped. off. my. kids.....let that sink in. My heart sank when I saw the car. It was not described anything like this to me.

Can you see how it looks like a parallelogram from the rear? All the fucking doors still "work". Not a straight panel on this ol bitch.

Grandma is wanting to step down to a smaller car. "The fuck you are Mom, please consider buying another one, just like what you had. With a full chassis."

Brian

Last edited:

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
1217181053.jpg

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Damn, hope she's doing well. Hard to express the sorrow, but glad it wasn't on the way home with the kids. Over all a lot to be thankful for.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Damn, hope she's doing well. Hard to express the sorrow, but glad it wasn't on the way home with the kids. Over all a lot to be thankful for.

Doing OK considering, shoulder is a little beat up and cut all over, got a couple staples in her scalp.

Yessir. Agreed. Glad she wasn't hurt, but glad my girls weren't in the car.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Currently we are sparring because she is telling me about crash test ratings on new cars.

"Mom, but how many of those cars have YOU survived a crash in? I think the Tahoe sacrificed its ass pretty good."

So far the son in law is just a moron, I guess.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
Damn! That’s a major collision!

I’m glad the kids were home and she’s ok.

Let me know if you need someone to argue with the insurance company.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Damn! That’s a major collision!

I’m glad the kids were home and she’s ok.

Let me know if you need someone to argue with the insurance company.

I appreciate that.

She is pretty passive and not wanting to cause waves.....I see issues with that coming.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
has the same powertrain as the Yukon does now. trust me, I already thought about that. My wifes 2000 GMC has 275K on it.

Has 70K on it. No issues but a water pump I put in it a year ago.

Glad everyone is OK.

Buy that back and pull the motor/trans and there is your big cube motor swap.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
Glad she is going to be ok, I’m one that wants and likes more metal around me to hell with the mileage other than my company car 2015 Impala we have a SUV and a 2500 07 4x4 ext cab.

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
Dang! Glad your kids werent in there. Glad your MIL is fine!

My In laws bought a dumb little chrysler convertible something to "get better gas mileage". I dont let them take my boys anywhere in it normally. A few weeks ago, my MIL wanted to take the boys to their great grandpas for Dec 7th (hes a WW2 vet). She showed up in the car. I was like ughhh....but let them go. The fucking dash started smoking shortly after she left my house and had to bring them back haha. Now the car is un-useable from what I understand...and I am happy. :)

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
That's a heck of a hit she took. Glad she is doing okay.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
It gives me chills to look at the pictures.

My wife didn't get to see her moms car

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Most of you know my story.

My wife, 2 boys, nephew, our 3 dogs and myself all walked away from this.

IMG_1486.jpg

IMG_1445.jpg

You can see how far the Kia got “pushed” from us after the impact. This pic was taken the direction we were heading from about the point of impact.

The Kia with the “better” crash ratings didn’t fair so well.
IMG_1384.jpg

No question in my mind what I was putting my family back in.
IMG_1620.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
That's crazy, glad your MIL came out OK and kids weren't inside

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
Happened Sat night around 9. Just left the tow yard getting her personal effects out of the car.

She was leaving my house and on her way back home after dropping off the kids from watching them. So much bad in this picture...

She is ok, but a little beat up and glass embedded everywhere in her.

She said she had a green light and got tee'd up by someone in the right rear and they are saying the same thing. No witnesses that stuck around to say either way. Waiting for the police report. Landed the Tahoe on its drivers side and slid a bit.

Just. dropped. off. my. kids.....let that sink in. My heart sank when I saw the car. It was not described anything like this to me.

Can you see how it looks like a parallelogram from the rear? All the fucking doors still "work". Not a straight panel on this ol bitch.

Grandmas is wanting to step down to a smaller car. "The fuck you are Mom, please consider buying another one, just like what you had. With a full chassis."

Brian

Glad to hear the MIL is alright..

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Great to hear she's ok and your kids weren't in there. That said, also sorry to hear you're now going to fight the "he said, she said" battle.

I'll say it again... PUT A DASH CAM (front/rear) IN EVERY CAR YOU OWN. It can ONLY help you.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
has the same powertrain as the Yukon does now. trust me, I already thought about that. My wifes 2000 GMC has 275K on it.

Has 70K on it. No issues but a water pump I put in it a year ago.

Pull it, bore it out to 6.0 status, put on better OE heads, valvesprings and a cam. Done. If it is a 4.8 get a fresh OE 5.3 crank pullout. Skip away with another 100 HP.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Wow Brian. Glad you MIL is ok. What I thing to come home to for Christy after a fun day for her.
All our best bro.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I was gonna wait a day to ask....."hey so whats the deal with the motor" :)
Serious, don't be bashful, now is the time to ask.

I will seriously check the buy back. 3rd row seats too

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Glad to hear your MIL is ok and your girls were not in the truck Brian!

Just MAKE her buy another full framed SUV, nothing protects like them. Proven many times on this board recently. Show her Riverbound's accident pics.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Insurance already asked if she wanted it back. I asked her to call them and ask what the number was.

She will hardly be a negotiator and was already met with....."Oh I don't know......"

Last edited:

oldschool

Reaction score
Glad to hear your MIL will be OK and that your kids weren't in the car. Nothing protects like mass. With that said, I still have a Denali XL for sale.

USMC2010

Reaction score
We had already decided that a Tahoe will be our next vehicle purchase. These recent 2 accidents pretty much cement that idea.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Insurance already asked if she wanted it back. I asked her to call them and as what the number was.

She will hardly be a negotiator and was already met with....."Oh I don't know......"

They will make her two offers when all is said and done....

Full pay out for totaled vehicle as well as a price if she chooses to retain salvage....There is no trickery they will know what a salvage yard will give them for the vehicle.

That year tahoe should be worth $5500-7500 with that mileage

Glad to hear she walked away:)

Last edited:

wallnutz

Reaction score
There is something to say about heavy metal. Glad she is good and the kiddos weren't involved.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Glad to hear your MIL is ok and your girls were not in the truck Brian!

Just MAKE her buy another full framed SUV, nothing protects like them. Proven many times on this board recently. Show her Riverbound's accident pics.

I cant MAKE her do anything sir. :)

Last edited:

RIVERDAZE

Reaction score
WOW! Christmas came early! Glad to hear the MIL is ok, that had to be scary! Thankful your girls are safe!

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
I cant MAKE her do anything sir. :)

Yea I know, but STRONGLY suggest it haha. Show her the evidence of a 5 star crash rated car vs a 5 star crash rated truck with a full frame (Riverbounds accident).

It's all you can do, but you might stress the fact that you will be unwilling to allow your kids to ride in a lesser vehicle...if you got that kind of pull.

rrrr

Reaction score
It's scary that a Kia was able to flip MIL's Yukon and Riverbound's Suburban. F=ma always applies, and it makes me think the Kia was hauling ass in both instances.

There's a seat belt thread on another forum I frequent, and as always a few people know someone "who would be dead if they weren't thrown clear." Don't buy into that shit, buckled in is exponentially safer than freestyling it after you're ejected out the window.

I'm thankful your MIL is OK, Brian.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I agree, vehicle #2, who said they also had a green light, was traveling 35 MPH(on a 45 MPH main highway) as well. Figure that out. ;)

It's scary that a Kia was able to flip MIL's Yukon and Riverbound's Suburban. F=ma always applies, and it makes me think the Kia was hauling ass in both instances.

There's a seat belt thread on another forum I frequent, and as always a few people know someone "who would be dead if they weren't thrown clear." Don't buy into that shit, buckled in is exponentially safer than freestyling it after you're ejected out the window.

I'm thankful your MIL is OK, Brian.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Glad to hear your MIL will be OK and that your kids weren't in the car. Nothing protects like mass. With that said, I still have a Denali XL for sale.
I know....4wd drive though....