WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Crossroads to Havasu Landing?

MFortie

Reaction score
Hello All,

I recently talked with a guy that did a run from the CA side of the Parker strip to Havasu Landing. He said one of his buddies Google Earth'd the run.

I've been looking and can't figure out how -- I'd like to start from Crossroads and get there. He said they 'turned left by the pumping station' -- I figure it must be the Gene station, but I don't see a way to get there from the Copper Basin reservoir (fence in the way.)

I know it was Havasu Landing 'cause he mentioned they had lunch and gambled a bit. I think they used the Black Meadow/Havasu Springs road but not sure how they got there. (I guess they could've trailered to the dam area...)

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,

Mark

grumpy88

Reaction score
I have not done it but a snow bird told me you drive out the road towards black meadow and then jump on the power line road . He said you can't miss the turn from there . I have ridden a lot back by the resiviors there is no way from there .

havasujeeper

Reaction score
I see folks come to Havasu Landing from Black Meadow quite often. They say they just follow the power line road. We use to make a Christmas run every year out to Vidal Junction from Havasu Landing, and would use the old Parker 400 course to get there.

Havalife

Reaction score
I turn off Black Meadow road at 34.319862* -114.224665, follow that to the road or take the wash 34*417691* -114.404677* into the landing. A lot of trails along the lake that you can take and a lot of ways to go along with some mines and fun things to explore.

DRIVE BYE

Reaction score
Ive ridden to the Black Meadow, then thru it, It becomes a fun switch back kind of road along the lake, and then into The Landing for gas and such. I must have missed the power line road cut off, that is what i was originally looking for.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Believe Wind Tunnel Cave is in that area. Does anyone have the gps co-ordinates? Also Dynamite Canyon and its co-ordinates.

havasujeeper

Reaction score
We call it the bat cave, but can't provide coordinates, sorry.

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
From Parker, head to Blackmeadows... about 2 miles before black meadows there is a sign for Havasu palms. Turn left here.

you have 2 options at the Y . Stay right and take the pole line road or stay left and take the High line road.

pole line road is the LOOONG way , but fun cause you skirt the lake most of the way...The high line road is MUCH faster and gives you some beautiful views of the lake and area.
The Pole line rd drop you into the same wash about a mile or 2 closer to the landing and is quite obvious where to go...you can see the landing mobile home parks and water tower off to the right.

Either road take you to the same wash. if your on the high line rd and don't turn rt at Chemeuavi (spelling) wash , the high line rd will cross the 17 mile rd at which point you need to turn right and work your way back towards the lake. The wash is pretty obvious and well traveled.

We make this run from the landing a couple times a year to visit the Desert bar in Parker... the trails are pretty well maintained and its doable by even the novice of riders/drivers.

Google earth the high line rd and you can see where to pick it up and the big wash it crosses....

But to answer your question , about starting.... cant you just run from base camp and drive to black meadow? Im not familiar with the crossroads , we all cross the dam and run down 95 to the Desert bar..

Have fun !!!

Last edited:

Havalife

Reaction score
If you are talking about the cave you drive in, 34.368045,-114.279472 that is also at the end of the canyon.

adam909

Reaction score
we stay in Havasu landing and never new there was a trail heading to BM.. How many mile is if from the landing to BM then to Parker?

DRIVE BYE

Reaction score
Thank You for the clarification on the Y area, i knew it had to be right there. Ill Go check it out . Yes the pole line rd. is long...... but fun too. But my ride at that point is the beginning and I'm trying to make trail time, as we go all the way to Barstow. Is the Sail Inn still open? And That Cave is cool peeps, its worth the trip to see it, and usually lots of Donkeys Coyotes etc. along the way...

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
we stay in Havasu landing and never new there was a trail heading to BM.. How many mile is if from the landing to BM then to Parker?

From the landing to Desert Bar and back is 92 miles +/- plan a for a full day in the desert...

As info... there is a big group making the run Saturday morning the 29th

River Dirt 2

Brummett 21
Reaction score
We go from rio Del Colorado to Havasu all the time. Great ride. About 100 miles round trip. You can get gas in Havasu landing if on a bike or SxS

Go out Bowman Wash to the pump station. West on the aqueduct road. Right at about the 4th cactus and 3rd rock pile.

It’s actually a BLM marked trail so must be on some map. I’ll look for it.

My Son will most likely make the run this weekend. Out of the Rio.