WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

KODI / Magic Boxes / Firesticks / Waffles?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I call BS. I think the new ownership claim is all BS and the principals are just changing names periodically to avoid warranty and/or drop certain apps to get people to buy updates and new boxes. This would be at least the 3rd owner since I bought a Streamsmart last year. It supposedly was bought out by Streamstation who said anyone with problems has to buy a new box. Then a couple months ago a bunch apps drop-off including live TV stuff and now its supposedly owned by Infinite Streams who says a $50 update is needed to return your box back to normal service that we originally had and were promised? This is a racket! Sure I've got to see a bunch of movies and some PPV events that probably cost more $$ than box, but I've also had a bunch of headaches with it than I never had with DirecTV and PPV. I don't believe these guys are being forth coming with the truth, they're lying and taking advantage of us. That pisses me off. Rant over.

I’m sure a lot of them are! That said Dave hasn’t done that and has been as honest as it gets from the get go. His have cost more $$ but they have done everything he said they were and even though things appear similar on the surface some of his premium add one did work better than others.

I got the bullet hooked up and when I get home I’m going to make a video of it and you can see if you like it or not.

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
So I've got an S5 quad core smart stream box that I bought off a member here. It is completely useless. I've tried updating it. I'd pay 50 bucks to make it work again. What a the deal?

Joker

Reaction score
its kind of part of the game. Going back to cards in satellite boxes and boosting open cable. What are you really going to do...complain to someone that your attempts to steal movies and cable and not working? Of all the years I've done it, you win some you lose some. Like you said, most of us can agree that we've far surpassed the costs of the boxes in PPV and movies, and if you cut cable then you've really made out. yea it comes with headaches, and sometimes you get hosed on a PPV...but all in all considering what it is, its still usually in the black in the end.

IMG_1049-1.JPG

Are you saying this isn't working any longer?

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
I have 2 Pro's and reinstalled using the Jarvis build because of the audio issue in krypton. The Pro will update infinity.tv and the Pro Plus will update streamstation, this is normal as I have emailed them to confirm after doing a friends 2 Pro plus's and our kids 1. I did the new boxes with Jarvis too as I did not want to get krypton done and find out it was not good either. Installing again is easy, just time consuming. I did not notice any different addons, it just fixed the live tv that stopped working, kind of like a key was missing. The other thing to keep in mind is now it is running Jarvis and could run krypton. I do not believe the old build was that far up to date but I'm not positive.
Can you explain this to me? I have an old brick s3, some quad4 and the pro. Did you just do the $50 upgrade or build something from scratch?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So I've got an S5 quad core smart stream box that I bought off a member here. It is completely useless. I've tried updating it. I'd pay 50 bucks to make it work again. What a the deal?

Have you tried it lately? I think that one can be updated by the way

USMC2010

Reaction score
Can you explain this to me? I have an old brick s3, some quad4 and the pro. Did you just do the $50 upgrade or build something from scratch?
I can't explain it any further than I have, if I could I would. If you or anyone wants to know if the older models can be fixed you would have to email them directly.

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
Have you tried it lately? I think that one can be updated by the way

Not in the last 6 months.

I will give it a try. There is an email address on the bottom of it. I'll pick his brains. Thanks Dave

USMC2010

Reaction score
If you get no response try the website I linked earlier.
Not in the last 6 months.

I will give it a try. There is an email address on the bottom of it. I'll pick his brains. Thanks Dave

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

No Butt No Putt

Reaction score
I bought two boxes from him and I could never get either working correctly. One of them was just a brick that never loaded. The other flickered on the main menus. Sent them back he said there was nothing wrong with either and he personally tried them. He sent me two new boxes. I got them and I got one that was a brick and one that flickered.. lol. I tried explaining that he must have sent me back the same ones but long story short I more or less got blown off.

I still have the flickering one. The brick after trying everything possible to get it off the boot screen on start up I just threw it away.

Get ahold of Streamsmart directly. They will take care of you.

I’ve never had a problem at all other then when I forget to pay for my real Debrid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meaney77

Reaction score
Follow my tutorial on the first page. App called titanium. Its a terrarium clone. I used to be a huge kodi fan. But Titanium app just plain works and is super user friendly vs kodi. It works on ANY android sets. (fire tv's, nvidia shield)
TtALxqK.jpg

SngwqnV.jpg

How does this app work for streaming on a Firestick? I purchased 2 Kodi Fire sticks awhile ago and part of the frustration was the bad links and also the buffering- I ended up disconnecting and now they are sitting in a drawer. I am half tempted to mess with them again if the video and quality has gotten better.

TomD

Breathing Member
Reaction score
BigDaddy any hope for my Digistraem box? Every where I go "no stream available". Shows no updates available also.

Zhammy3

Reaction score
How does this app work for streaming on a Firestick? I purchased 2 Kodi Fire sticks awhile ago and part of the frustration was the bad links and also the buffering- I ended up disconnecting and now they are sitting in a drawer. I am half tempted to mess with them again if the video and quality has gotten better.
It really all depends on your internet, But this literally takes 15 min to do with no computer on your firestick. Pull them out of the drawer and give it a shot. I have zero problems with it

Meaney77

Reaction score
It really all depends on your internet, But this literally takes 15 min to do with no computer on your firestick. Pull them out of the drawer and give it a shot. I have zero problems with it
Now you have me interested with messing with these again...

Whats about the deal with the VPN? The sticks I already have- already have Kodi on them- Is this something I still need to worry about? Wasnt real clear in the instructions if it had to be installed, how to and if there as a cost?

Zhammy3

Reaction score
Now you have me interested with messing with these again...

Whats about the deal with the VPN? The sticks I already have- already have Kodi on them- Is this something I still need to worry about? Wasnt real clear in the instructions if it had to be installed, how to and if there as a cost?
Ive never used a VPN on my sticks/shield. I personally have never had a problem. Ive always seen it as they have bigger fish to fry than a guy streaming a movie.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Ive never used a VPN on my sticks/shield. I personally have never had a problem. Ive always seen it as they have bigger fish to fry than a guy streaming a movie.

Did the download and started messing with it. Gonna check it out further once kids are in bed. Hopefully I don't run I to the same buffering issues I experienced before.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Did the download and started messing with it. Gonna check it out further once kids are in bed. Hopefully I don't run I to the same buffering issues I experienced before.

With any of these boxes you need decent internet speeds. The original boxes would work as low as 15mb.. but I think you need faster now.

BigdattyD

Reaction score
All of you are jumping through all these blind hoops, listening to many different people, some who have ulterior motives and some who have good intentions. Some of you know that I was the first one to bring this tech to RDP 4 years ago, first with DigiXstream, then with Stream Smart because I helped launch Stream Smart and was one of the original founders but not a owner because I did not have anything in writing and got seriously screwed by them.

From day one I have had nothing but good intentions. I have always been there for all of my customers, provided live hotline for tech support, facebook support and even PureChat and over the years I have stayed in contact with several customers who first purchased from me through the RDP Forum. Though I disappeared from the RDP Forum due to just being overwhelmed with business, I always answer my phone and have had RDP Customers contact me with no problem as Dave J has also told all of you. Customer Service is the single most important thing that matters to me, unlike Stream Smart. I have known those guys for over 20 years and the only thing they care about is their profit margins. I know how they work and what their end game is and its not providing stellar customer support, its selling as many boxes as they can before they shut everything down and trust me they will.

The fact that they have over 300k customers they can pretty much offer anything regardless how good it is and will still be able to sell large quantities even if the content is crap. The Stream Smart build is junk compared to the Renegade Build and people who are paying $50 for their so-called upgrade will not be happy in the long run. The company that manages my build maintains every premium addon daily and offers so much more then Stream Smart. I was here way before Captain Stream Smart came into the picture. And I have nothing bad to say about him other then he is supporting a dying box that once SS reaches a certain point they will screw everyone over, I know this firsthand, because I've heard it with my own ears from the source.

With regards to Free Stream, the Owner Justin Davis ripped me off $15000 2 years ago when I tried to negotiate a deal to use his content on Renegade. This guy is a piece of shit who has burned many bridges. I have firsthand knowledge of other box owners and IPTV Services he made deals with, took their money and provided nothing. He also is notorious for hacking other peoples IPTV Services and using it as long as he can until they shut him down. He uses several alias's and no one knows where he lives. In my opinion Justin is one of the most dishonest assholes in the industry. If you want to support someone like that then be prepared to lose your money because when he goes down, he's going down hard.

My motives and my integrity speaks for itself, I have never burned anyone in this industry, and I have made many enemies that have ripped me off blind for many thousands of dollars and to this day If I knew where to locate them I would take action to either recover lost monies or exact my justice on them. I don't like dishonest people and since I have been in this industry longer then anyone I have seen the lowest of the lowest and their are more then I care know.

If I make a statement, I back it no matter what, everything I offer I guarantee it, I have always offered a full no questions asked 15 day moneyback guarantee on all my products. If you want to work with a company with INTEGRITY then please I welcome you you try my line of boxes.

The Bullet is not for everyone but for those who just want something simple that doesn't take a degree to learn then I highly recommend that. If you are a Kodi enthusiast and like the options that come with a good build then you definitely want to go with the OUTLAW and if you are on a budget the Stinger is more of a entry level box that still comes with the same build as the Outlaw but comes in a cheaper made plastic box with practically the same hardware. I also offer Renegade Firmware to anyone who owns a Stream Smart Pro or Pro Plus, Dragon Box DB5 or DB5 Plus or DigiXstream DX5 or DX5 Plus. My online price is $115, the deal to RDP Customers will be $65. It might be a tad more than the Stream Station $50 upgrade but its worth every dime. If I'm lying then I will refund your money and you can keep the build for free!

I'm prepared to take whatever you guys got, so bring it on! Hopefully I will have intelligent answers.

Last edited:

BigdattyD

Reaction score
You are correct, mainly due to better higher quality streams that require more bandwidth to play them. 1080p is going to require better download speed then 720p and Standard def requires the least amount. Also when it comes to live HD Content I'm sure you already know that is also requiring higher than normal download speed. Now when you have high download speed and you still experience buffering or freezing the first thing you want to do is run a speed check, if that checks out then most likely there are too many people watching that link and you should switch to a new link.

One thing I highly recommend getting is Real Debrid which is a company in Europe that has been providing private links to its members for around 3 years and still going strong. It only costs $18 for a 6 month membership and trust me its well worth it to gain piece of mind and your sanity back. Go to real-debrid.com, click on Premium Offers and select the 180 day package that costs 16 euros which is $18. When you are done you will have to pair your android box to Real-Debrid. I can provide another post for those who want it.

FYI, I have no affiliation to this company and do not receive any revenue what so ever, this is purely a friendly gesture to help those who want good reliable links.

BigdattyD

Reaction score
Did the Bullet thread go completely sideways or something? I was waiting for a question to be answered...
Dave J. Froze it because too many people were being negative. He didn't have to do that I can fight my own battles. It wasn't that bad in my opinion. Dave is a good friend.
If you want more info on the Bullet please call or text me at 619.647.9008 Dave

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I will say I was one of the first to try beer boxes out years ago. Dave was always helpful when I needed it. Via Voxer or even phone call. Spencer on tb other hand. Piece of shit. Dave I’m going to try a couple bullets and I want to buy the upgrade for pros how do I go about the upgrade? Same website?

BigdattyD

Reaction score
I had the same experience. I just yesterday morning paid my $50 and by last night they had sent the update and I installed it. The box works WAY better than it ever has! If it works for even just a few months it is FAR cheaper than cable.
If you want the best build in the industry get the Renegade Build, it blows away the SS upgrade. Right now only $65 reg $115

BigdattyD

Reaction score
I will say I was one of the first to try beer boxes out years ago. Dave was always helpful when I needed it. Via Voxer or even phone call. Spencer on tb other hand. Piece of shit. Dave I’m going to try a couple bullets and I want to buy the upgrade for pros how do I go about the upgrade? Same website?
Bro please just call me its much easier. 619.251.4731 Dave And thank you for the nice comments.

BigdattyD

Reaction score
I have 2 Pro's and reinstalled using the Jarvis build because of the audio issue in krypton. The Pro will update infinity.tv and the Pro Plus will update streamstation, this is normal as I have emailed them to confirm after doing a friends 2 Pro plus's and our kids 1. I did the new boxes with Jarvis too as I did not want to get krypton done and find out it was not good either. Installing again is easy, just time consuming. I did not notice any different addons, it just fixed the live tv that stopped working, kind of like a key was missing. The other thing to keep in mind is now it is running Jarvis and could run krypton. I do not believe the old build was that far up to date but I'm not positive.
If you know anyone that is looking to upgrade their SS boxes tell them about the Renegade Flashing Firmware, its so much better then then the SS $50 Upgrade.

thmterry

Reaction score
If you know anyone that is looking to upgrade their SS boxes tell them about the Renegade Flashing Firmware, its so much better then then the SS $50 Upgrade.
I just went to https://renegadebox.tv/ and asked about upgrading my SS Pro plus
I did the chat and all Scott would say "Replace it with a renegade RGX outlaw is the best option" I guess I wasnt specific about upgrading with firmware.

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
I just went to https://renegadebox.tv/ and asked about upgrading my SS Pro plus
I did the chat and all Scott would say "Replace it with a renegade RGX outlaw is the best option" I guess I wasnt specific about upgrading with firmware.
Why don't you just go through BDD?

BigdattyD

Reaction score
Anyone who has a SS Pro or SS Pro Plus please text me not my moderators. I will take care of you. They do not know about my deals with RDP. I can take care of all your needs.
Also please use my main website Kooltronix.com to purchase any of my products. The RDP Promocode will save you even more then my Holiday Super Sale Promocode that is displayed on my website so use the RDP Promocode if you want a even better price. 619.251.4731 Dave Montana

h2o225

Reaction score
I wish had seen this thread earlier, just ordered the new box. Bigdatyd I will be sending you my other box for an upgrade.

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
I contacted Dave and will be sending in my two pro plus boxes to get them flashed. I will report back next week once I get some time on them.

[emoji1696][emoji1696]

Sent from a van down by the river. [emoji3577][emoji41]

Cdog

Reaction score
All of you are jumping through all these blind hoops, listening to many different people, some who have ulterior motives and some who have good intentions. Some of you know that I was the first one to bring this tech to RDP 4 years ago, first with DigiXstream, then with Stream Smart because I helped launch Stream Smart and was one of the original founders but not a owner because I did not have anything in writing and got seriously screwed by them.

From day one I have had nothing but good intentions. I have always been there for all of my customers, provided live hotline for tech support, facebook support and even PureChat and over the years I have stayed in contact with several customers who first purchased from me through the RDP Forum. Though I disappeared from the RDP Forum due to just being overwhelmed with business, I always answer my phone and have had RDP Customers contact me with no problem as Dave J has also told all of you. Customer Service is the single most important thing that matters to me, unlike Stream Smart. I have known those guys for over 20 years and the only thing they care about is their profit margins. I know how they work and what their end game is and its not providing stellar customer support, its selling as many boxes as they can before they shut everything down and trust me they will.

The fact that they have over 300k customers they can pretty much offer anything regardless how good it is and will still be able to sell large quantities even if the content is crap. The Stream Smart build is junk compared to the Renegade Build and people who are paying $50 for their so-called upgrade will not be happy in the long run. The company that manages my build maintains every premium addon daily and offers so much more then Stream Smart. I was here way before Captain Stream Smart came into the picture. And I have nothing bad to say about him other then he is supporting a dying box that once SS reaches a certain point they will screw everyone over, I know this firsthand, because I've heard it with my own ears from the source.

With regards to Free Stream, the Owner Justin Davis ripped me off $15000 2 years ago when I tried to negotiate a deal to use his content on Renegade. This guy is a piece of shit who has burned many bridges. I have firsthand knowledge of other box owners and IPTV Services he made deals with, took their money and provided nothing. He also is notorious for hacking other peoples IPTV Services and using it as long as he can until they shut him down. He uses several alias's and no one knows where he lives. In my opinion Justin is one of the most dishonest assholes in the industry. If you want to support someone like that then be prepared to lose your money because when he goes down, he's going down hard.

My motives and my integrity speaks for itself, I have never burned anyone in this industry, and I have made many enemies that have ripped me off blind for many thousands of dollars and to this day If I knew where to locate them I would take action to either recover lost monies or exact my justice on them. I don't like dishonest people and since I have been in this industry longer then anyone I have seen the lowest of the lowest and their are more then I care know.

If I make a statement, I back it no matter what, everything I offer I guarantee it, I have always offered a full no questions asked 15 day moneyback guarantee on all my products. If you want to work with a company with INTEGRITY then please I welcome you you try my line of boxes.

The Bullet is not for everyone but for those who just want something simple that doesn't take a degree to learn then I highly recommend that. If you are a Kodi enthusiast and like the options that come with a good build then you definitely want to go with the OUTLAW and if you are on a budget the Stinger is more of a entry level box that still comes with the same build as the Outlaw but comes in a cheaper made plastic box with practically the same hardware. I also offer Renegade Firmware to anyone who owns a Stream Smart Pro or Pro Plus, Dragon Box DB5 or DB5 Plus or DigiXstream DX5 or DX5 Plus. My online price is $115, the deal to RDP Customers will be $65. It might be a tad more than the Stream Station $50 upgrade but its worth every dime. If I'm lying then I will refund your money and you can keep the build for free!

I'm prepared to take whatever you guys got, so bring it on! Hopefully I will have intelligent answers.

So you do builds? I have a couple of dragon boxes db5’s that still work pretty good for what i use them for. Fights & Formula 1. Right now I’m running the baby build which I suspect has something to do with silent hunter or the DB guys.

I think a lot of people dont understand how these work. The box is a mini processor. Kodi is a media player & the builds are where the access to content comes from.

I use Area 51 primarily with success. Do your builds include Area 51?

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Got busy and really don’t have time to be mailing boxes back and forth so I paid the 50 for infinite stream. So far it did nothing. Now that I’m pissed if I’ll call Dave and order a bullet. Won’t helpmwith tonight’s fights though. Maybe I’ll go buy a shield I dunno I’m pretty irritated

USMC2010

Reaction score
Got busy and really don’t have time to be mailing boxes back and forth so I paid the 50 for infinite stream. So far it did nothing. Now that I’m pissed if I’ll call Dave and order a bullet. Won’t helpmwith tonight’s fights though. Maybe I’ll go buy a shield I dunno I’m pretty irritated
What do you mean it did nothing? What boxes were you upgrading?

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
What do you mean it did nothing? What boxes were you upgrading?
Stream smart pro. I got a confirmation email it said open the media player it would update but it didn’t. went to the ota updated says no update

USMC2010

Reaction score
Stream smart pro. I got a confirmation email it said open the media player it would update but it didn’t. went to the ota updated says no update
What I found it doesn't hit the box immediately but should be there if the email said so. I have had good email comm with them and there online chat from the website has been good. Consider contacting them in chat and I bet it could be resolved before this evening.

USMC2010

Reaction score
What I get for being stubborn I guess
I'm just trying to help. For as many people that have shitty deals with them, I have not and want to make sure you know what can be done to resolve.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Anyone who has a SS Pro or SS Pro Plus please text me not my moderators. I will take care of you. They do not know about my deals with RDP. I can take care of all your needs.
Also please use my main website Kooltronix.com to purchase any of my products. The RDP Promocode will save you even more then my Holiday Super Sale Promocode that is displayed on my website so use the RDP Promocode if you want a even better price. 619.251.4731 Dave Montana
Just sent you a text for instructions on where to send my SS Pro box for the upgrade and payment.

Sharpy

Reaction score
Vic, it doesn’t update on its own but pushed a new update for you to do. go to stream smart tools, OTA updater, then do the update. Keep all boxes checked and run Jarvis. You have to completely reinstall the software.

USMC2010

Reaction score
Vic, it doesn’t update on its own but pushed a new update for you to do. go to stream smart tools, OTA updater, then do the update. Keep all boxes checked and run Jarvis. You have to completely reinstall the software.
yup

USMC2010

Reaction score
I upgraded mine a couple months ago with no issues. I'm watching the fights tonight.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
My ota still says no update available but I’ll be patient

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Did you get it yet? I paid the upgrade this morning. Still nothing yet.

Yea it worked. I need to figure out how to do the real debrid deal thing now.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I probably did somethig wrong but it failed the first time so I did the pin reset and then it took forever but seems to be working

Sharpy

Reaction score
Yea it worked. I need to figure out how to do the real debrid deal thing now.

https://real-debrid.com/device

Makes it way easier to authorize this way.

BTW, one real-debrid account works for all my boxes. You just need to reauthorize each box once a month or so. You’ll know when you need to because there won’t be any RD streams showing on the apps you normally use.

WYRD

Reaction score
Dave just sent you a text about flashing the firmware on my ss pro

Let me know how to get you the box

Thanks!

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
https://real-debrid.com/device

Makes it way easier to authorize this way.

BTW, one real-debrid account works for all my boxes. You just need to reauthorize each box once a month or so. You’ll know when you need to because there won’t be any RD streams showing on the apps you normally use.
Where do I go to sign up?

Sharpy

Reaction score
https://real-debrid.com/

Sign up, then got to “premium offers” and chose your package and you’re gtg. If you’re not sure about it, choose a one month and try it out, you can always upgrade it. I can’t remember if the first time is instant or if it takes a day for them to activate. It’s going to charge from the UK so your bank may or may not flag it for fraud, but they’re a legit business.

Last edited: