WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Air Fryer...

Cray Paper

Reaction score
I know some on here have tried them, but dam, these things really work well. My mom gave me one for Christmas, I didnt think much of it but my oldest son was like "bad ass!". After oggling his gifts from me he asked if he could use the air fryer. I said sure, just wash it first. He made french fries in less than 10 minutes that were perfect, then he put some breaded chicken strips in then some chicken wings. It took much less time to bake than an oven and were done on all sides.

If you are on the fence on buying one, do it. Supposedly you can cook chicken breasts, pork chops and even steak in it. Not going to try steak but am going to try some wild rice stuffed pork chops this weekend.

Anyone else have one? Any go to quick recipes?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Used ours tonight for first time. 2 breaded chicken boobies in 15 minutes.
Easy clean up.

nrbr

Reaction score
We just got one! Did breakfast potatoes that turned out perfect . Chicken breasts were on point , as were chicken wings. Got to ahead of ourselves and did 2 ribeyes, they weren't bad they just weren't awesome

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Been wanting one. Theres a few good youtube channels that use them alot. Getting one soon:D

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
My wife won't let me have one. I told her how good it makes tater tots and all I get is a big NO.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I love ours! The best way to make taquitos and a great way to make a couple quick perfect hot dogs too.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Wife has one. They are okay. I get the convience and quick cooking time but no way in hell they compare to real fried food.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
We just got one and have three runs on it, it’s damned cool so far tho can’t wait till she’s broke in and i can really test her out for some serious foods

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
We just got one, my wife actually put a tri tip in it last night just to try it. Cooked it perfectly, tender and evenly. The only issue was it was a little drier than when we do them in the regular oven, but we didn't do much prep to it so that might be the difference. Super easy though, and yes basically a convection oven when used like that

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I’ve been in the fence about one for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nowski

Reaction score
The only thing we've cooked in our air fryer so far is french fries, they came out pretty tasty. The only drawback I see in these fryers, it's not going to help anyone on the 2019 RDP Weight Loss Challenge...

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
So.....Sounds like one of these would be perfect for my son. Where do you get these at and which one to buy? He has three boys that are always on the run. Might just get him a late Xmas gift.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
So.....Sounds like one of these would be perfect for my son. Where do you get these at and which one to buy? He has three boys that are always on the run. Might just get him a late Xmas gift.

Costco. Walmart. Target. Amazon etc. it’s everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
So....what brand would you guys recommend to get?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Wife has one. They are okay. I get the convience and quick cooking time but no way in hell they compare to real fried food.
That's the point, eliminate the fried food aspect. The healthier alternative.

port austin pirate

Reaction score
Got the wife a Philips a little higher priced than some, works well uses it all the time, get one well worth it

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I have one and not so sure about it. I call it the millennial cooker.

I cook a lot, so I tried a chicken in this thing using the supplied cook book and came out raw after an hour. Never had a raw chicken in the oven before. Tried another a few days later and it worked still takes the same time to cook, I also don’t like the fact that you need to flip the bird during the cooking time.

If you are frozen food cooker. Yes it does fries and tots good, even the kids chicken dino’s.

It’s to big just to use to cook frozen food. I’ll stick to using the oven and grill.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Got the wife a Philips a little higher priced than some, works well uses it all the time, get one well worth it
My son got us the same....probably won it at his work Christmas party:D
20190104_114329.jpg

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
We just got one, my wife actually put a tri tip in it last night just to try it. Cooked it perfectly, tender and evenly. The only issue was it was a little drier than when we do them in the regular oven, but we didn't do much prep to it so that might be the difference. Super easy though, and yes basically a convection oven when used like that

You cook a tri tip in the oven...WTF?!?!?!?!:D

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
You cook a tri tip in the oven...WTF?!?!?!?!:D
Wrapped in foil - 17 minutes at 500 degrees, then shut oven off and let it sit inside for another 20. Pull it out, let it sit for 10 minutes in foil. Then unwrap and slice

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
I’ve been rocking one for over a year. I love it. Best benefit is in the summer it doesn’t heat up the house like the oven does, frozen shit is a no brained, baked potatoes turn out great. Quick too, especially since you don’t need for it to come up to temp.

h2o225

Reaction score
The ninja foodie is in our future. My wife bought the largest air fryer she could get we use the pressure cooker quite a bit also. The ninja foodie is both air fryer and pressure cooker.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
The ninja foodie is in our future. My wife bought the largest air fryer she could get we use the pressure cooker quite a bit also. The ninja foodie is both air fryer and pressure cooker.
I want to get one of those too. The wife wants a pressure cooker but I like having the 2 in 1 deal.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
I have to eat gluten free due to an allergy...yeah, I know I am gay. Lol

I have been craving fried chicken for a while...KFC really. First run with an air fryer, was really good, just need to tweak the recipe and cooking for the next round.
22C98363-88E2-4781-BF5C-242C99F17518.jpeg
8DF20701-7B41-41EA-ABC9-7477DEF0B4C1.jpeg

4Waters

Reaction score
I have to eat gluten free due to an allergy...yeah, I know I am gay. Lol

I have been craving fried chicken for a while...KFC really. First run with an air fryer, was really good, just need to tweak the recipe and cooking for the next round.
View attachment 716590 View attachment 716591
My wife has celiac disease as well, it sucks for her and comfort foods.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
My wife has celiac disease as well, it sucks for her and comfort foods.

If you need any recipes, shoot me a PM. My wife has been cooking GF for over 12 years. She is a killer cook, and no one ever knows the difference when they eat at our house. Chocolate cake, pasta, bread...we don’t eat a lot of it, but if I get a craving, she/we dial it up.

endobear

Reaction score
My twins have celiac. We have most of the things we/I love dialed in.
Still cant figure out a good biscuit and gravy solution though...

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
My twins have celiac. We have most of the things we/I love dialed in.
Still cant figure out a good biscuit and gravy solution though...

I’m also celiac, and this is a tough one.
Ramen (restaurant kind, not the $0.19 kind) is another.

I did make some bomb chicken and dumplings tho[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cray Paper

Reaction score
Lots of things in my life have changed since this post and the cheap air fryer is on the wife's "it's got Teflon flaking and needs to go" list. It was cheaply built but did the job. Looking to upgrade to something well made and easy to use for a 2 - 4 person family. Needs to fit in a cabinet when not in use, any suggestions??

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
We have the one from Insta pot… I wasn’t a fan of these things at first, but damn it is the best way to make chicken wings.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
Whatever model they have on sale at Costco if you don’t like it take it back.

We’ve got two different ones from Costco and both work great ones in the motorhome and the other in the house.