I hate thieves!!!!

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
IMG_5690.jpg

IMG_5691.jpg

IMG_5688.jpg

IMG_5692.jpg

Walked outside last week to find out my trucks window got smashed and the inside of the truck tossed. They didn’t find anything good. They hit 11 trucks in my small town and stole one truck.
They rented a hotel room with a stolen credit card they found and were arrested before lunch. Problem is..... they were released less than 12 hrs later. WTF?!?!?! Now one of the thugs is talking Shit on his Facebook account saying how we shouldn’t poke the bear and he’ll be back.

One of them cut themself on my window and got blood all over the center console and door panel, the police said that’ll put one of them away, but the others won’t get much.

My wife is letting it freak her out, they haven’t done anything to anyone’s home, sucks to get a window broken and truck gone through but I guess I’m just not as scared as she is. Shes a nervous wreck with every sound she hears at night.

The local PD only has a few officers for our town of 2500 people, so some of us (neighboorhood watch) have been cruising around at night to scare off more theft. Anyone else dealt with an issue like this in your neighboorhood? What’d you do to help stop or slow it down? They’re coming in from Lubbock and hitting the nicer developments on the outside of town. It’s been getting worse for about 6 months now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NicPaus

Reaction score
Fuck Thieves! You ever get your enclosed traiker back that was stolen.

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
Fuck Thieves! You ever get your enclosed traiker back that was stolen.

Nope, took a few months but insurance paid for a new trailer. It didn’t cover any contents also fucked me on the price of the trailer bc it was a year old so they prorated the price.

Last edited:

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
You can shoot them in Texas to protect property right? Not a place I would want to be a thief.

Yes and no, I’ve been told that’s more of a , if they’re on your property breaking and entering type thing. I can’t just run outside and gun someone down. Apparently these guys are part of the Lubbock Rolling Sixties Crips, not sure how much retaliation could come back to haunt us either. Everyone is afraid of what would happen if and when something ends up going down.

wallnutz

Reaction score
Yes and no, I’ve been told that’s more of a , if they’re on your property breaking and entering type thing. I can’t just run outside and gun someone down. Apparently these guys are part of the Lubbock Rolling Sixties Crips, not sure how much retaliation could come back to haunt us either. Everyone is afraid of what would happen if and when something ends up going down.

I wouldn’t want to be the one to pull the trigger on a gang member, the retaliation wouldn’t be worth it. But then again if a couple of them got mowed down they might think twice.

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
I wouldn’t want to be the one to pull the trigger on a gang member, the retaliation wouldn’t be worth it. But then again if a couple of them got mowed down they might think twice.

A few were arrested in December in another small town experiencing the same thing about 15 mins away. One guy was shot and killed in Lubbock breaking into someone truck. You’d think that’d scare these guys off but they just keep coming in strong.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
We were getting similar with people coming out on the train from chitown to cause trouble. Our town has a few more Leo and it didn't take them long to start locking up the shitbags. Things have been much quieter since. It might just take a little more time and diligence to get this sorted out for you. I wish you all the luck on this.

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
I’m putting in cameras and an alarm to calm the wife down, hopefully that scares them off some too.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
A few were arrested in December in another small town experiencing the same thing about 15 mins away. One guy was shot and killed in Lubbock breaking into someone truck. You’d think that’d scare these guys off but they just keep coming in strong.

The only thing that scares them more than the threat of death? Getting a job and becoming a productive member of society.

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
Apparently these guys are part of the Lubbock Rolling Sixties Crips, not sure how much retaliation could come back to haunt us either. Everyone is afraid of what would happen if and when something ends up going down.

Can out of staters by a tag over the counter? Can you hunt them over bait?

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
Can out of staters by a tag over the counter? Can you hunt them over bait?

Lmao! I wish! We’ve been spotlighting them. I’d love to set up a bait truck but it’s just been so hit and miss.

HotRod82

Reaction score
IMO......if you really want to make a stand you need to get a few good neighbors involved and invest in some good night vision gear. It would be quite a commitment, but doing some stake outs and reporting all activity to the police will likely chase them away. Make them look for easier targets. If the po po rolls up on them everytime they try to score, they will move on to easier scores.

I'm a little surprised you have this issue outside of town in TX. My ex brother in law has told me some stories about how they deal with meth heads around where he lives in TX.

DLC

Reaction score
I would do one of those ring flood light deals and post up some neighborhood watch signs add some lighting around your street driveway

rrrr

Reaction score
You can shoot them in Texas to protect property right? Not a place I would want to be a thief.

That's correct. If it's after nightfall and someone is burglarizing or trying to steal your vehicle, the law allows you to use deadly force to stop them.

They have to be in or reaching into the vehicle. If you shoot someone after he starts running, the legal protection is no longer valid and you can be charged with a crime, including murder.

I remember one deal a few years ago where a guy looked out his second story apartment window and saw someone breaking into his truck. He opened the window, shot through the screen, and killed the thief. The grand jury declined to indict him for any crime.

Of course, if that happened today and the truck owner was white, the thief black, I believe it more likely the truck owner would be charged with manslaughter. Dallas County has a new DA, and he's already announced his goal is to stop sending the poor and minorities to jail.

How that will be accomplished without letting criminals to do as they please remains to be seen. Besides that, what he has proposed is illegal. In essence he has said if you're a minority, poor, and charged with a crime, the DA will release you without bail and charge a lesser offense to minimize time spent in prison after conviction. This obviously violates the equal protection clause in the US Constitution.

This was all laid out in the Dallas Morning News, which praised his plans as a way to reduce the cycle of crime and imprisonment of the poor and minorities. There was no discernable reaction to this idiocy in the media or public comment. I feel like I'm living in a f#cking make believe world.

Last edited:

gqchris

Reaction score
That's correct. If it's after nightfall and someone is burglarizing or trying to steal your vehicle, the law allows you to use deadly force to stop them.

They have to be in or reaching into the vehicle. If you shoot someone after he starts running, the legal protection is no longer valid and you can be charged with a crime, including murder.

God Bless I love Texas!!!

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score

Current interpretation of the law says this is true if the theft or breaking/entering is happening in a manner that gives you cause to feel for your or someone else safety in any manner. If it were occurring after dark, that is enough cause.

j21black

Reaction score
Had my truck broken into once at an extended stay hotel when I was relocating. Only thing they took was the key to my PO box.

Cops did a report, but not much else, so I got the video from the hotel and went through on my own.

I identified the suspect car and got a plate number, and saw a large white male enter my truck. Talk about an weird feeling watching that. Used a punch to bust out my door handle. Stuff strung everywhere.

I called the cops, detectives came out, I showed the video and the plate of the car I thought to be the culprit. A few days later they called me and said good news, we caught the bastard, and sent me a link to a photo of the guy they arrested. Some guy of color. I told them I saw a white male on the video, not a man of color. Let me know when you get the right guy. Never heard another word from them after that.

Maybe the guy they grabbed owned the car and was the suspected driver, I'm not sure as they never followed up.

Dana757

Reaction score
To calm the wife a good dog on the outside and a good gun on the inside. I would have motion detector lights that lit up like the sun too.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score

I remember one deal a few years ago where a guy looked out his second story apartment window and saw someone breaking into his truck. He opened the window, shot through the screen, and killed the thief. The grand jury declined to indict him for any crime.

Of course, if that happened today and the truck owner was white, the thief black, I believe it more likely the truck owner would be charged with manslaughter. Dallas County has a new DA, and he's already announced his goal is to stop sending the poor and minorities to jail.

How that will be accomplished without letting criminals to do as they please remains to be seen. Besides that, what he has proposed is illegal. In essence he has said if you're a minority, poor, and charged with a crime, the DA will release you without bail and charge a lesser offense to minimize time spent in prison after conviction. This obviously violates the equal protection clause in the US Constitution.

This was all laid out in the Dallas Morning News, which praised his plans as a way to reduce the cycle of crime and imprisonment of the poor and minorities. There was no discernable reaction to this idiocy in the media or public comment. I feel like I'm living in a f#cking make believe world.
Ca beat Texas a while back on that . Good luck !

$hot

To say what? :)
Reaction score
Start going to city council meetings. Bring it up in a public meeting. You don't have access to the police chief, but they do! The point being that the noisy gear gets the grease.

500bbc

Reaction score
Nice isn't it?

Streets full of shit and needles, criminals running rampant across the country with no threat of consequence.

How did we get here?