WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

SXS Seats

RVRKID

Reaction score
Has anyone seen these at Berts or have them?
Berts UTV Sale.jpg

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I am lagging.. I need to go talk to UTV Giant for a group buy for us.

thmterry

Reaction score
I bought a almost new set for $300. They are a good mid grade suspension seat. Much better then stock.

SHOCKtheMONKEY

Reaction score
Good reviews on Glamis Dunes from the people that have them.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I tried them at the show and they were ok, I ended up getting a set of 50 caliber seats for same price and way better.

jetur

Reaction score
I run triple x and they're pretty comfy.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I am planning on going with Jet Trim here in Lake Havasu shortly.. I'm interested to see how my Ranger turns out when they are done! I know a lot of the upper end Sand Cars (Tatum etc..). use them and their pricing seems extremely reasonable for the SXS's.

RD

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I am planning on going with Jet Trim here in Lake Havasu shortly.. I'm interested to see how my Ranger turns out when they are done! I know a lot of the upper end Sand Cars (Tatum etc..). use them and their pricing seems extremely reasonable for the SXS's.

RD
I’ve been a dealer for PRP for 14 years..... my Tatum has JetTrim’s in it :cool: and i put them there....

riverroyal

Reaction score
I was just at my local dealer asking about seats. Jet trim is tough to beat, but real expensive.
Prp is about 1100 for a pair.

I cant do 1100. Seems crazy.

Im gonna watch this...

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I got some 2 inch lowered and reclined bases for my stock front seats in my RZR. I got to be honest it made the front seats liveable with the Dragonfire pass though and harnesses. It’s not a suspension seat, but I can be in the car all day now with no discomfort.

You do lose the slider in front though and have to manually adjust the seat position.

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
IMG_3102.jpg

Have them in the front of mine. They were meant to be place holders until I get matching fronts for the triple X rear bench I stole for a hundred bucks.

I may never change them out. They’ve been just fine for my fat ass. Can Definitely tell they’re made in China, but for the price....

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
View attachment 717540

Have them in the front of mine. They were meant to be place holders until I get matching fronts for the triple X rear bench I stole for a hundred bucks.

I may never change them out. They’ve been just fine for my fat ass. Can Definitely tell they’re made in China, but for the price....
I like your car! Clean, simple, and probably performs great!

riverroyal

Reaction score
The berts seats...i just took a better look. Whats wrong with them? The price seems like a good buy. Made overseas? Literally half the price of the rest. They would need to really be crap to not buy at that price.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
If it’s 500 bucks for two, that’s a smoking deal, how well do they hold up though?

robby dmax

Reaction score
They were only $399 at the sand show this year..they are decent for the money just not as nice as PRP or others.
I looked long and hard.. I went PRP as I wanted some orange In my seats.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I Actually went to the show gave my 40 bucks to get in to buy these seats the cheaper ones in add ,didn't even plan on walking the show. I went straight to the booth and started my test session. My girlfriend and I sat in them multiple times in a car and on the floor, didn't really like them so we left booth feeling like I wasted my morning. Since we payed to get in we decided to walk the show and sat in everything, didn't feel like dumping 700-900 bucks and decided we were going to stay stock. Walked by the 50 caliber booth and they had a seat I thought they rigged up for them to sit on but it was a test model. Bottom line is I gave couple more bucks then the berts seat, they carried them all the way to the car which was a long ways and worth the extra couple bucks. I have been pretty happy with them so far. Now that I have had seats for a season I realize any seat at any price is one of the best upgrades you can do on your car, compared to all the other worthless shit we hang in our rigs.

If Looks Could Kill

Reaction score
we got em, they're comfortable, back seat pain in the a$$ to get out if you have to get to bat box etc 20181219_175338.jpg 20181219_175410.jpg 20181216_121726.jpg

riverroyal

Reaction score
Done. Went to Berts today .
I sat on PRP last week. Simpson today
Ended up with Berts. 1 year warranty and i saw them and sat in the same machine. For half of what the others are i cant see any reason to not buy them
Ive never been to berts. Holyyyy shit. They must move 30 units a day
20190112_215854.jpg

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Done. Went to Berts today .
I sat on PRP last week. Simpson today
Ended up with Berts. 1 year warranty and i saw them and sat in the same machine. For half of what the others are i cant see any reason to not buy them
Ive never been to berts. Holyyyy shit. They must move 30 units a day View attachment 718696

That is the more expensive one, right?

riverroyal

Reaction score
Yes they come in all black or black with a small grey section.
Also a x3 mount kit, which i havent opened yet
The x3's on the showroom floor had these seat install on the lower mount holes. Ride height felt stock to me

They truely felt more comfortable than the rest.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I wish they had lap belt pass throughs, instead of just having the lap belts go over the lower bolsters, but beggars can’t be choosers.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Yeah. Im going to buy some shorter shoulder pads and put them on the lap sections. To avoid any rub on the material. IF it even rubs, wait and see once i sit in them.
1 year warranty, cant go wrong
The lower ass section is velcrowed in with the suspension material under

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Maybe we should go look at these?

Probably worth the look, More comfort is better than less :)

However I was in my car for 2 hours Friday driving hard with a passenger who is very particular about seating comfort. We both were at dinner and commented how good we felt after. We had no fatigue from the drive at all.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Yeah. Im going to buy some shorter shoulder pads and put them on the lap sections. To avoid any rub on the material. IF it even rubs, wait and see once i sit in them.
1 year warranty, cant go wrong
The lower ass section is velcrowed in with the suspension material under

They probably won’t rub very much at all when a person is sitting there. Just on the sides of the seat.

The slot for the 5th belt is a nice touch though

riverroyal

Reaction score
After 80 miles a few weeks ago my back is still sore. But it was bothering me before the ride.
The stock seats are comfortable. But you are sitting on a solid platform so the non stop back compression cant be good .
We will see. For $1200 i wouldnt change seats. 600 is a cheap investment in one of these money grabbing whores

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
After 80 miles a few weeks ago my back is still sore. But it was bothering me before the ride.
The stock seats are comfortable. But you are sitting on a solid platform so the non stop back compression cant be good .
We will see. For $1200 i wouldnt change seats. 600 is a cheap investment in one of these money grabbing whores

Keep in mind, the suspension seats have a limit of travel, and with the solid seat bases you are limiting that travel, unless the seat ends up higher than stock which for me personally would be a deal breaker.

It is the position of the stock seats that really makes them uncomfortable for longer or rough rides.

Reclining them spreads your weight out more and the compression from impacts and harnesses does not go straight down your back, it is directed a bit more evenly into your torso. Plus the driving position is much more comfortable.

Most aftermarket seats seem to be reclined vs stock which in itself helps the most. Plus the somewhat more forgiving suspension base, how ever limited the suspension is. Also with 2 inch belts I can see the upgraded seat allowing more support.

I have 3 inch, 5 point harnesses up front with the stock seats and feel I have adequate support. I don’t think that would be the case with stock seats and 4 point harnesses however.

This is all is my opinion related to a RZR. I can’t speak to the Can Am.

All that said you are putting a bit over $250 into the stock seats (if you have a 4 seater) plus some work to make them comfortable and useable with harnesses.

Last edited:

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
The biggest difference is suspension, get out of the crappy suspension from the factory and you will be fine

riverroyal

Reaction score
Probably. Thats not happening anytime soon, or ever. Im impressed with the suspension. I made all the adjustments i read about. Made some on the fly and it got worse.
Havasu wash board will F up any ride

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Probably. Thats not happening anytime soon, or ever. Im impressed with the suspension. I made all the adjustments i read about. Made some on the fly and it got worse.
What are you driving?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

The key is speed on the washboards :)

With springs, a revalve and careful setup you could have a milk crate for a seat and be fine. :)

What air pressure do you have in the tires? I run the same tire as you on your X3 RC. They seem to like 11-12 PSI cold in Havasu.

Last edited:

riverroyal

Reaction score
Im at 12 psi. Low speed and high speed valving on soft, well per fox settings. Rebound soft as well. I stiffened all this up during a ride, it got worse .
At glamis id say stiffened would be better for big G type dunes.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Im at 12 psi. Low speed and high speed valving on soft, well per fox settings. Rebound soft as well. I stiffened all this up during a ride, it got worse .
At glamis id say stiffened would be better for big G type dunes.

Yep if it is rough keep softening it up from the Fox settings. If you are full soft, obviously that is the end of the line. You could re spring the car or at least the first stage, that may help a lot.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Im very happy with this machine. Soaks up huge bumps. It has more than enough power, hauls ass.
Corners fast in 4wd is crazy fun. 2wd will make you a bit uneasy!!