IMG_6758.jpg
IMG_6759.jpg
IMG_6761.jpg
IMG_6758.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
Looking like it will be a very nice set up. Are you going to put up 138 license plates again?

Did you get your shirts??
And yes have more now to hang and this tiki is bigger then the other

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
How perfect that the pile driving company is named hooker. Wtf AJ.....

Looks good!

Yeah the hooker family from Ohio
Small world we know very good friends that they are very good friends with as well in my home town in NE Ohio

Tank

Reaction score
Looks awesome like usual AJ. I gotta tell'ya, I wish I could've told you this before you started this deck project but one of the coolest freakin' things I've ever seen on a dock was at Phil Lipshutz place in Miami (so wish I had pics) - He built his dock and at one end he put a basic picnic table but there was no dock under the seats or the tables, it was mounted to two beams under the legs but that was it, and is was one of those rocking picnic tables. Then he has lights in the water under the table so at night, you'd sit there, rock gently with your feet hanging freely under you and you could look right down into the water with fish and shit swimming up. Bitchin' set up! I'll try to get a pic. It's really cool.

Hope things are well bud!

Taboma

Reaction score
Looks awesome like usual AJ. I gotta tell'ya, I wish I could've told you this before you started this deck project but one of the coolest freakin' things I've ever seen on a dock was at Phil Lipshutz place in Miami (so wish I had pics) - He built his dock and at one end he put a basic picnic table but there was no dock under the seats or the tables, it was mounted to two beams under the legs but that was it, and is was one of those rocking picnic tables. Then he has lights in the water under the table so at night, you'd sit there, rock gently with your feet hanging freely under you and you could look right down into the water with fish and shit swimming up. Bitchin' set up! I'll try to get a pic. It's really cool.

Hope things are well bud!

Yeah that would be all shits and giggles, right up until the night that gator decides to show up for dinner :eek: AJ's got things in the water you might not want to see swimming just below your dangling feet, lol :p

Tank

Reaction score
Yeah that would be all shits and giggles, right up until the night that gator decides to show up for dinner :eek: AJ's got things in the water you might not want to see swimming just below your dangling feet, lol :p
Even better!!! :D:D

Joker

Reaction score
Looks great AJ. Question though. Why do they use lumber for the piers in lieu of concrete?

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
Looks great AJ. Question though. Why do they use lumber for the piers in lieu of concrete?

Don’t know
The only concrete ones I’ve seen are ft Myers CG docks
Most everything is treated poles

Taboma

Reaction score
Don’t know

What's considered a normal lifespan for the treated ones ? Is this still considered brackish water ?

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
What's considered a normal lifespan for the treated ones ? Is this still considered brackish water ?

Yes I’m in brackish but does not matter all the ones in the direct salt water are all wood piers

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
Yes I’m in brackish but does not matter all the ones in the direct salt water are all wood piers

Lifespan 30 plus years or better

Taboma

Reaction score

So 10 years, 20 ? I'm asking as consideration when checking out places with docks.

TCHB

Reaction score
Are you still selling the home???

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Back in business, open in two weeks. Looking good Aj!

sprintcvx

Reaction score
Don’t know

Nice job on the setup.. Looks great! I live up in the Puget Sound area. A good buddy works for a pier/float builder up here and says you can't use wood up here any longer for piling, has to be steel, something about some mud beetle eating the wood ones at the beach line. They also have to put a certain % of grading on the piers and floats so the beach grass and fishes get some sunlight:rolleyes: Most people up here, that want a pier/float, have to wait through a permit process that can be 3 yrs or more. On top of that they can only drive piling for a few weeks a few times times a year. Different rules for different parts of the country I guess.
Only pics I could find of the grading and piling I was talking about I could find.
View attachment 720110
View attachment 720111

Last edited:

milkmoney

Reaction score
Looking great AJ , you live a good life [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Spectra18

Reaction score
Was at the upper sandbar in Parker, boat rolled up blocked out the sun from Texas , had a giant Lucky Strike sticker/decal on the side. Chick with rack popped in the water. Later on same boat sticker was on the big rig towing this thing said “lucky strike”. Is it your boat Mr Lucky ?

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
Was at the upper sandbar in Parker, boat rolled up blocked out the sun from Texas , had a giant Lucky Strike sticker/decal on the side. Chick with rack popped in the water. Later on same boat sticker was on the big rig towing this thing said “lucky strike”. Is it your boat Mr Lucky ?
When was that.?? All my L.S. boats with the exception of my brand new one has been in Parker at one time or the other.

Spectra18

Reaction score
When was that.?? All my L.S. boats with the exception of my brand new one has been in Parker at one time or the other.
4-5 years ago. It was huge white boat atleast 40ft, oddly to big for Parker. But funny to look at , cause it seemed like it was in the wrong water way.

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
4-5 years ago. It was huge white boat atleast 40ft, oddly to big for Parker. But funny to look at , cause it seemed like it was in the wrong water way.

Yep 36’ that was me

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
If you find yourself short a few license plates, let me know.
FAST 353
FASTECH
LIL TIC
T DECK
DIVEGUY
DIVELDY
ANASAZI
LUN4TIC
And others.:)