WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu Recommendations (on going)

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Signing paperwork next week, so excited.

Needing to button a few things up and was hoping to get some recommendations, as we know jack about companies / contractors in the area. Already in talks with sand castle pools, MVR is unreachable.

Who is the go-to for shutters and blinds?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Sand castle is doing our pool now, second one with them, they have been good to work with. My wife always orders shutters from Lowe’s.

TCHB

Reaction score
Mike seems to be out of the office all the time. Not sure what is going on with him.

I do see a lot of Sand Castle pools going in around town.

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Sand castle is doing our pool now, second one with them, they have been good to work with. My wife always orders shutters from Lowe’s.

Lowe’s eh..?? Never even thought of that. They seem to be getting the nod for a lot of thing I’d never consider them for. We will take a look.

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
We just had the whole house set up by Budget Blinds, Eugene, 928-715-1079. Four windows were shuttered and the rest of the house received motorized blinds. Everything was perfect.

Pool was just finished by SWB Pools and a great job by Steve and his crew. Mike (MVR) did my last pool but was slammed and couldn't get to it until March if I remember right.

Feel free to PM me if you want to check out the work by either party.

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
We just had the whole house set up by Budget Blinds, Eugene, 928-715-1079. Four windows were shuttered and the rest of the house received motorized blinds. Everything was perfect.

Pool was just finished by SWB Pools and a great job by Steve and his crew. Mike (MVR) did my last pool but was slammed and couldn't get to it until March if I remember right.

Thanks!! We will look into Budget Blinds.

I couldn’t even get a call back from mike after a few calls so I figured he was just buried, I get it.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
I ordered my window coverings at Lowes when they were 40% off. Did the install myself, only took a day.
We went with motorized levelor roll up room darkening shear shades w/ remotes in the Living/Dining and Den. Love them
We chose the day/night cordless accordion cellular shades for the bedrooms. They worked out great too.
The bedrooms stay dark if you want to sleep in late. Filtered light if you want or raise them up and out of the way.

I want to go with SWB pools when it's time. I have a couple years to save before I can swing that cost though.
Sandcastle would be my 2nd choice. They do nice work also.

Last edited:

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Nice! Gotta find a big enough Lowe’s sale then. [emoji23]

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Thanks!!

What about water softeners and r/o systems, Lowe’s has them and installs. Anyone better or more specialized...?

Riverbottom

Reaction score
Budget Blinds in Kingman. They were reasonable, did a great install ( I am really picky and have done our other houses myself ) . They came to Parker and were less than we could buy plantation shutters on line.

TCHB

Reaction score
Thanks!!

What about water softeners and r/o systems, Lowe’s has them and installs. Anyone better or more specialized...?
We use Arnolds. Mike is a great guy and does quality work. 928-680-1627. We have used him for over 15 years now.

Mike Arnold

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
We use Arnolds. Mike is a great guy and does quality work. 928-680-1627. We have used him for over 15 years now.

Mike Arnold

Thanks!! Found his site and shot him a request for an appointment.

LLGirl

sometimes Mr. LLGril ;)
Reaction score

Steve with SWB pools did ours too. Everything was as we wanted and on schedule. Great to work with.

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
You guys are awesome. Mike from Arnold’s is coming to install this week, and eugene from Budget blinds as well. Thanks!!

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
IMG_5399.jpg

IMG_5398.jpg

Thanks fellas!

Now if I could get someone that would give the the time of day to build my pool we may be set.

Called SWB and we will see if he wants the job. [emoji19][emoji23]

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Who’s the go to in Havasu for mini splits for the garage?

BakerBandit1

Reaction score
Have you thought about tinting the windows to reduce the heat and stop the UV rays from destroying your investment of the blinds and window shades? I’ve been tinting for 24 years , I’m based out of Riverside but I’ve done many homes at the river and havasu. If that’s something you might be interested in contact me @ 9519063835 Scott with DarkSide window tinting.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Have you thought about tinting the windows to reduce the heat and stop the UV rays from destroying your investment of the blinds and window shades? I’ve been tinting for 24 years , I’m based out of Riverside but I’ve done many homes at the river and havasu. If that’s something you might be interested in contact me @ 9519063835 Scott with DarkSide window tinting.

What about windows that are dual pane? They tell you not to tint them as the gases can explode, this is the reason we haven't tinted some windows in our house. What say you?

BakerBandit1

Reaction score
What about windows that are dual pane? They tell you not to tint them as the gases can explode, this is the reason we haven't tinted some windows in our house. What say you?
Ok so putting the wrong window film on a dual pane window can either break the glass or seal. Having said that there are specific window films that are safe and some actually designed specifically for dual pane. I only use high end , made in America film companies. The film manufacturers pick up the warranty on your windows. The film itself is lifetime warranty on homes 10 years on commercial applications. Basically if some rag tag tinter puts a “limo black”automotive film on a dual pane window... it’s going to break. You have to either go with a reflective film so the film rejects the heat instead of absorbing it. Also there are more appealing options like “ spectrally select “ and or ceramic films which block out infrared heat. They are a bit pricey but they come in nuetral colors and some are almost clear but still block out all the harmful UV and lots of heat.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Ok so putting the wrong window film on a dual pane window can either break the glass or seal. Having said that there are specific window films that are safe and some actually designed specifically for dual pane. I only use high end , made in America film companies. The film manufacturers pick up the warranty on your windows. The film itself is lifetime warranty on homes 10 years on commercial applications. Basically if some rag tag tinter puts a “limo black”automotive film on a dual pane window... it’s going to break. You have to either go with a reflective film so the film rejects the heat instead of absorbing it. Also there are more appealing options like “ spectrally select “ and or ceramic films which block out infrared heat. They are a bit pricey but they come in nuetral colors and some are almost clear but still block out all the harmful UV and lots of heat.

Thanks for the info. Possible looking at doing a some windows. I’ll let you know. I’m located on the north side of fontana.

DB / HAV

Reaction score
Thanks!!

I installed a Kinetico system 12 years ago, a lot of money and I now need to purchase a tank that is now leaking and they say- new tank, freight & Labor $800.00. This is to replace 1 tank...call someone else!

Shrub Lurker

Reaction score
IMG_5837.PNG
I have a kenitco that was purchased for my last house. That was the second one I bought and it was wayyy to much money.
I kept the Kenetico and installed in my new place' shop as it was too small for the new house.
I found a similar type unit on amazon that regenerates only when it senses necessity like the kenetico, which was under a grand inc shipping when I bought it.

TCHB

Reaction score
Robinsons Automotive
Yes had the jeep repaired today and again they did a great job!!!!!

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
I used PB&J to purchase and install our soft water and RO system. They did a great job and even called to follow up afterward and make sure we were happy. That’s rare in HAvasu.

TCHB

Reaction score
Yes we had the high tech tint on our home and it is great. Most people would not even know the tint is on the windows.