WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Help with the Builder/Make- 1968 Morris or Campbell?

jhrollison

Reaction score
Purchased this 24' boat last week with twin 400 SBC & velvet drives, Precision V-drives with the understanding/belief that it is a Campbell hull registered as a 1968 Morris. The belief is that a Mr. Morris worked for Campbell and built the boat in his spare time. The engines I'm told were changed to the current status with builds by Keith Black. (?) Under the cracked fiberglass deck overlay it appears to be a vintage style wood deck. Much rot in various places.

It was stored outside uncovered in Northern California for several years and the hull is in rough condition, deck has a split and cracks in jell coat all over. Engines and hardware appear in good condition, clean oil, turn free, complete. After 4 days of removing 10+ years of dead rodents, charging batteries, pre-oiling, flushing the fuel system and inspection both fired right up and ran smooth.

Any history, photos, personal knowledge or guidance to such would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

JR

Attachments

• #1.JPG
    #1.JPG
    181.3 KB · Views: 211
  • #2.JPG
    #2.JPG
    255.3 KB · Views: 202
  • #4.JPG
    #4.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 220
  • #5.JPG
    #5.JPG
    326.6 KB · Views: 207

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Interesting story, but I can’t help you with identification or answering any of your questions, I’m kind of curious myself.