WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sitting in the hospital right now...

Boat 405

Reaction score
With my wife as she goes through labor with our son on the way. Feeling just about as helpless as I’ve ever felt. During contractions I can’t even touch her without her going ballistic. So I coach and talk her through them. What else do I do??? This is nuts, 5 hrs in.

Boat 405

Reaction score
Hold on tight! There’s nothing you can do right at this point. Hopefully it goes quickly for both of you. Good luck and congrats. I delivered both my girls. I didn’t want to be in arms reach of my wife!
Thanks man. This is by far the most humbling experience in my life.

scottchbrite

Reaction score
Thanks man. This is by far the most humbling experience in my life.
Just wait. You’ve got a roller coaster ahead of you. I wouldn’t trade it for anything. Keep the updates coming. Does she have any pain management going?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
With my wife as she goes through labor with our son on the way. Feeling just about as helpless as I’ve ever felt. During contractions I can’t even touch her without her going ballistic. So I coach and talk her through them. What else do I do??? This is nuts, 5 hrs in.

Basically just be calm, and the calmer you are the better off all three of you will be. Good luck and congrats early on!

RD

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
My wife did the first two naturally...yes, she could kick my ass:) Yes sir, you're about as useless as tits on a nun. Your job is to be whatever boss lady needs you to be. All of us are balls out, in charge types, right up until this point. When the first kid comes, suddenly it's time to shift gears. If you're there with your wife, you're already on the right track. Now get off the phone! You have more important things to focus on...and if your wife sees, you may be in the ER having the phone removed from a not so pleasant place:eek:

Albert

Reaction score
Your emotions are going to get the best of you . The good emotions let them out be proud as you will be , this is your families moment ! This is one of those great chapters in your life. Comgrats

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Keep calm as she rips the skin off your hands during contractions! :D

DB / HAV

Reaction score
Right on! Huge congratulations! Brings back some great memories...once she stops screaming!! Lol. Prayers to all of you!!

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Did she get the drugs yet? If not demand them now

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
Good luck bud! Ask for some Nubain to take the edge off.

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
feed her ice chips and try to keep her calm.. Good times ahead.

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Congrats Dad!!

Most helpless feelings of my life were watching my 3 born. [emoji23]

j21black

Reaction score
I sat there and ate fried chicken with my first born. Wife was not happy!

Maybe you will have different results.

Give it a run!

Justfishing

Reaction score
Old I bet you are longing for the good old days when the hub was not allowed in labor and delivery.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Congrats! Hopefully you got to hold the baby by now. Pretty amazing that first time

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Good job Pops! Hope mom and baby get some rest...and you get some coffee:D Like pointed out, new life changes ahead. They aren't bad, just different. Now is a good time to find out from your parents what type of babies you guys were...may give you some insight as to what's to come.

Congrats!:)
Congrats! Hopefully you got to hold the baby by now. Pretty amazing that first time
I was scared as hell! Being gentle was not in my normal routine...they're so small!

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
All went perfect! 8 lbs 2 oz. 20.5”. No drugs all natural. Mom is awesome! Mom and son are doing great!
AWESOME! now go take a nap. You'll need as much rest as you can get. ;)
Congrats sir. :)

Runs2rch

Reaction score
AWESOME! now go take a nap. You'll need as much rest as you can get. ;)
Congrats sir. :)

TRUTH!!

Being in the hospital was the hardest part. Exhausted before he was delivered, exhausted after he was delivered. Ours is 9 months. Talking about number two. The thought of the 4 days in the hospital is enough to say no hahaha

Singleton

Reaction score
Congrats.
Hopefully you got a private room and can stay for the 3 full days allowed and rest as much as possible!
Wife and I stayed at the hospital as long as we could, did not want to return to grandparents that were waiting at the house.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Congratulations!!! You made it!!! Wow, no medicine with a baby that size. Your wife is a trooper.

Get as much rest as you can becuase the fun is going to begin!!!!

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Good job Pops! Hope mom and baby get some rest...and you get some coffee:D Like pointed out, new life changes ahead. They aren't bad, just different. Now is a good time to find out from your parents what type of babies you guys were...may give you some insight as to what's to come.

Congrats!:)

I was scared as hell! Being gentle was not in my normal routine...they're so small!

It was that head/neck that scared me.

They are like rubber and you can shape their heads. Just like putty...lol

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Good to hear!!! Congradulations buddy! Let the good times roll!