WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Slight yellowing

THE WIDGE

Reaction score
My 2005 conquest is in excellent condition, the gel overall looks brand new still except for the very top that gets exposed to the sun the most. It has a very slight yellowish that if you look close you can tell. Is color sanding the best way to go, and anyone in Havasu worth recommending and reasonable since it’s not bad and just top portion. Is this something I can buff out with a medium or fine polish with my dual action polisher.

THE WIDGE

Reaction score
E24B159C-EDEB-4179-9A7C-8AE8272BF3AD.jpeg
FCCDE7C8-234C-4060-B985-DD72ACC6841D.jpeg
Pretty good shape for 14 years, I want to keep her that way

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
I cant speak for the topside, but usually the yellowing you will see on the keels of boats are do to elctroloysis, being that gel coat is porous the yellowing happens when water starts to penetrate the glass.

Atleast thats what i was told, im sure some of the glass gurus on here can give you the straight answer

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I cant speak for the topside, but usually the yellowing you will see on the keels of boats are do to elctroloysis, being that gel coat is porous the yellowing happens when water starts to penetrate the glass.

Atleast thats what i was told, im sure some of the glass gurus on here can give you the straight answer

My bottom was yellowing. Detail Specialties cleaned it right up. It is perfectly white again. They did a great job detailing my boat.

@steak&lobster

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
My bottom was yellowing. Detail Specialties cleaned it right up. It is perfectly white again. They did a great job detailing my boat.

@steak&lobster
I have heard that there are solvents that can do that. I had pedro do my hallett a few years back

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
View attachment 746239 View attachment 746240 Pretty good shape for 14 years, I want to keep her that way
It’s screwed, sell, sell, sell
Get out while you can still make a buck.

You got my number, don’t hesitate to text your low ball asking price since gel shot :D

It’s likely you have used car spray wash / wax w carnuaba it yellows over time, yes detail should take care of if your not selling

Gelcoater

Reaction score
It’s screwed, sell, sell, sell
Get out while you can still make a buck.

You got my number, don’t hesitate to text your low ball asking price since gel shot :D

It’s likely you have used car spray wash / wax w carnuaba it yellows over time, yes detail should take care of if your not selling
Widge, don’t listen to this guy.
Your boat is screwed.
Dump it on Orangefont and cruise down to which ever boat shop tickles your fancy and order up a new one.
You only live once, might as well have more power , more stereo, 15 inch Simrads on all the seat backs, a stripper pole, kegerator, color matched towels and swag and a more fancy trailer with triple duals and what not.
See how easy it is to fix? :D

THE WIDGE

Reaction score
Maybe I used the wrong description, it’s not yellow, just slightly darker than the bright white, it’s from the sun

DLC

Reaction score
Dude that is clapped out. Ther is no fixing that... Just let me swing by with RD’s trailer and I’ll take it off your hands.

I was going to say it’s time for a toon.....

Nice yeller boat ya got there!

LoL

Call Chris detail specialities he will set you straight

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
My 2005 conquest is in excellent condition, the gel overall looks brand new still except for the very top that gets exposed to the sun the most. It has a very slight yellowish that if you look close you can tell. Is color sanding the best way to go, and anyone in Havasu worth recommending and reasonable since it’s not bad and just top portion. Is this something I can buff out with a medium or fine polish with my dual action polisher.

The yellowish on the top side is likely due to old carnauba wax on your gel coat. Wipe it down with Acetone and rewax, then you should be good 2 go!

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Maybe I used the wrong description, it’s not yellow, just slightly darker than the bright white, it’s from the sun

Ya your prolly right, gel shot, next is cracking and fading. Better text me before I change my mind about buying that timebomb shit box

Or drop it off to Blas in Elsinore. It will look better then new
Or if it’s in Havasu, let randy pick it up and handle it

Trash

Reaction score
It is likely oxidation. Get some FSR (fiberglass stain remover) from West Marine or someplace similar. Wipe it on with a sponge, wait about 15 seconds then rinse and wipe off. Having said that I typically see yellowing near or below the water line and not top side. This stuff won't hurt either way and may solve your problem.

THE WIDGE

Reaction score
Ya your prolly right, gel shot, next is cracking and fading. Better text me before I change my mind about buying that timebomb shit box

Or drop it off to Blas in Elsinore. It will look better then new
Or if it’s in Havasu, let randy pick it up and handle it

Lol, I’m still pretty happy with her. Forgot to ask if you ever got paid.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Lol, I’m still pretty happy with her. Forgot to ask if you ever got paid.

Nope, he don’t care about liens, threats nothing.

Waiting on response from a number 2 man in a certain organization. Offered him to keep entire amount if I can get a tooth necklace. :D

THE WIDGE

Reaction score
I think he’s got a few enemies, place got shot up a few months ago