WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How fast do you tow a tube?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
HAHA had a sno twister I could get nearly 100 out of.
under rated machines.

UD

Sno twisters were sick.
Way back then they were the ONLY machine that could run against the factory sleds in circle racing.
Then the FA TNTs came along and changed everything.

Buddy of mine in Anchorage raced his sno twister all the way into the late 80’s. Until he broke both arms in a crash.

Tank

Reaction score
What speed can the new Cigarette stay on plane? You going to have to prop down to tow or just drop the tabs?

That’s kinda the whole reason I was asking. I think drives tucked in and tabs dropped a bit I could keep it right on plane at 20-25.

Tank

Reaction score
Well, since you run out of channel islands I would say faster than the sharks, but not so fast the kiddos fall off and become chum.

But seriously, it is somewhere between tears of laughter and real tears. You know your kiddos and can probably figure it out in about 10 seconds.

Lol. I don’t think we’ll tube much in the ocean. Just for the lakes. ;)

Tank

Reaction score
I hate pulling tubes and the thought of blowing it up kills me. But if it keeps me from. Buying that stupid Lilly pad I'm ok.. I hate going through the channel and my kids seeing those pads busting my balls on buying one of them God darn pads. One more piece of work to buy. I'm out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I agree bout the Lilly thing. Huge roll hanging off the back of the boat ain’t gonna fly. I’m not sweating blowing up the tube, we got a portable / rechargeable automatic compressor pump. Fills up quick from what I’ve been told. I’ll fill it up, let them ride deflate. Cruise. Fill it back up again later. Whatever.

Tank

Reaction score
Only way my kids tubed , is if they tried to ski or board first.
And not one or two tries .

Then it was game on. :D

I’m totally down to let them try wake boarding, my 10 Y/O gave it a go a couple years ago at Naci when we borrowed a buddies Malibu for the weekend. But they won’t be skiing or wake boarding off of the cigarette. We have friends at Naci that have wake boats and if they want to wake board, more power to them. But really, they just wanted to be drug around on the tube last time. We can do that no prob behind the cig while I nurse Colorado Cool-aids and listen to jams with the wife ;)

svlperry

Reaction score
The Costco ones come with a electric pump and rope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tank

Reaction score
Yeah, no sense trolling for great whites.:p:D
We go down to the water and they swim all
The time right at the shore and I still kinda freak out in the back of my mind. Lots of great whites being seen along the coast line just up the coast a bit at santa barbara .

Tank

Reaction score
The Costco ones come with a electric pump and rope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I looked at Costco and it wasn’t exactly what we were looking for. Plus I got a Y style tow rope, 3 person tube and auto / rechargeable pump for $265 shipped. Think
It was a pretty good deal.

4Waters

Reaction score
We go down to the water and they swim all
The time right at the shire and I still kinda freak out on the back of my mind. Lots of great whites being seen along the coast line just up the coast a bit at sant abarbara.
A friend of mine grew up in Paradise Cove and watched a Great White hit a seal South African style. I also went on a missing diver call at Zuma roughly 15 years ago, he and his dive buddy got cought in the current in submarine trench and only one made it to shore. The lifeguards said "You are aware of the Great White sightings in the area" his response was "Yes we saw them both, the bigger one was at least 20 feet", the missing diver made it to shore a mile down the coast.