WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Merc Racing new release

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
So...a heavy motor designed for the CC crowd....Why does it wear the “racing” badge?

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
WEIGHT

I get you guys calling it heavy being that its 21 pounds heavier than the 400. Do you think these 30+ foot cats or giant CCs are going to care they have a total of 21 more pounds on the ass? FOCK NO! What they are going to care about is the HUGE TQ DIFFERENCE, thus swinging a bigger wheel. Is the extra 50hp cool, sure. But the TQ is where these are going to show that they are a beast!

PRICE

Do you really think that the guys building $400k plus boats that these guys will be hanging them on are going to pass on these over an additional 30-40 grand between these and 400s? Absolutely not!

PlanB

Reaction score
The Yamaha 425 is almost 1000 pounds. I'd say Merc has done well concerning weight.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
WEIGHT

I get you guys calling it heavy being that its 21 pounds heavier than the 400. Do you think these 30+ foot cats or giant CCs are going to care they have a total of 21 more pounds on the ass? FOCK NO! What they are going to care about is the HUGE TQ DIFFERENCE, thus swinging a bigger wheel. Is the extra 50hp cool, sure. But the TQ is where these are going to show that they are a beast!

PRICE

Do you really think that the guys building $400k plus boats that these guys will be hanging them on are going to pass on these over an additional 30-40 grand between these and 400s? Absolutely not!
Your missing something here. It’s a lower rpm so spinning a bigger wheel slower is the same as spinning a smaller wheel faster. I’m sure there is breakeven point. But I don’t see this spinning a giant prop like a stern drive does. So this a small mph gain. Midrange acceleration is likely outstanding

HST4ME

Reaction score
$54,000 - $64,000 price range

That's a lot of sucking dick at the gay bar... I knew what was coming anyway..but was reaaaaaaaally hoping for a surprise something out of the 3.4 motor for us stv/allison/hydrostream/ little cool boat guys...meh...at least BRP's release of midrange motors was meaningful lol.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
WEIGHT

PRICE

Do you have any clues for sale? Just wondering....

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Lol. Too heavy, too much money, blah blah. Yore right. They probably won't sell any. Those guys at Merc should have started a poll at RDP before designing this ridiculous thing.

The only guys cryin about the weight are the small bote 2 stroke guys.

The price on this will drop when the the biggest announcement ever comes next year... that they are making a 500HP version.

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
That's a lot of sucking dick at the gay bar... I knew what was coming anyway..but was reaaaaaaaally hoping for a surprise something out of the 3.4 motor for us stv/allison/hydrostream/ little cool boat guys...meh...at least BRP's release of midrange motors was meaningful lol.

Liked your V6 idea though.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Well Brunswick is still way down, but up 1.07$ today! Let’s see it get back to 50$+

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
The only guys cryin about the weight are the small bote 2 stroke guys.

The price on this will drop when the the biggest announcement ever comes next year... that they are making a 500HP version.

You mean the single engine boaters? o_O

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
You mean the single engine boaters? o_O

Yes. They have a series of consumer grade black outboards for you ranging from
4 to 400 HP. What more are you expecting?

Honestly the thing is barely heavier than the 400r, so if you were gonna run a 350 or 400 Verado, you could run the 450, and you may need to convert to DTS to do so.

If you want a 2 stroke you got up to 300 HP. I don’t see them putting more money into 2 stroke engines, there is far less money in it.

Flatsix66

Reaction score
Why the Supercharger? Seems like a blind squirrel could make a motor with OHC and 4.6l make at least 400hp on 87 octane and probably a lot more NA. A Ford fucking flat-plane crank Voodoo motor outboard with 525hp would be awesome!

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
Why the Supercharger? Seems like a blind squirrel could make a motor with OHC and 4.6l make at least 400hp on 87 octane and probably a lot more NA. A Ford fucking flat-plane crank Voodoo motor outboard with 525hp would be awesome!

Supercharged to boost the midrange torque for moving the large hulls these will be pushing. I am hopeful that the aftermarket, go-fast boys, will jump onto the 300R and open up its NA potential for more RPM and HP.