To the law enforcement of this forum

LazyLavey

Reaction score
I never met a cop hater I didn't like.... A lot

fullsizeoutput_9ad.jpeg

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
Cops have quotas to fill to keep them eligible for grants and funding. Sure it's not for written tickets, but for the number of documented contacts.
Example: in Arizona the governors office of highway safety gives funding for cities to patrol the freeway. They have to document so many interactions to keep the funding.

City council also wants to know what they are paying for. So the police chief documents that with the number of subject encounters and calls for service.

These are just a few facets of the industry, but it has lead to pressure being put on the cops to make these encounters. And let's be real, they can pull you over for anything. No one's vehicle is perfect. And to top it off they are protected from counter lawsuits in Arizona. So they give little to no fucks about who they pull over.

Personally I know plenty of cops that hate their interactions when they are off duty. It's not about the people, it's about money. When you stop blowing smoke up your own ass you'll see that. It's the same reason that the cops are saturating the river, we pay and the homeless don't!

To the OP's point, the cop may have tried to provoke him so that he could justify probable cause... Also a luxury that cops have, they are legally allowed to lie to you. So it's not even a level playing field.

While I can't comment on Arizona procedures, I can on a large county for California. There are no mandated quotas for anything like contacts, tickets or arrests however like any business when money is being allocated for service, the entity paying the money would like to see results and know they are receiving the service they are paying for. This can come in various forms though and is not always tied to direct contact. For instance contract cities pay for services. If there is a spike in certain crime in a particular area they will get increased patrol presence. Just the high visibility may deter the crime from occurring without the need for increased contacts as you describe. Statistical information will still be documented to show the visibility in the area and justify the expense for the involved entity.

I honestly believe that most people want cops patrolling their neighborhoods and roadways and making them safer and that not only involves high visibility but also contacts, citations and arrests. Yes some people will be pissed off for various reasons. The term "Thin Blue Line" comes to mind. If you want to look at some statistics look at some of your large liberal controlled cities like Chicago, Detroit, St. Louis, Ferguson, etc.... where police contacts, stops, arrests, etc... are way down and crime is through the roof and they probably get more grant money then any cities. Public support dwindled and cops said fuck it why risk my personal safety or getting sued by the ACLU making stops and arrests when I can just park under a tree and read the paper and then respond to the crime after it happened. I think most normal people here dont want their neighborhoods ending up like those cities and would rather have cops being very proactive rather then reactive.

grumpy88

Reaction score
So if someone reported hearing gunfire in the area should LEO not respond based upon your professional disposition? How would you feel if there was a shooting and they did not respond as you said any sounds of gunfire is code 4....Would you assume all responsibility for the deaths and liability assumed by the officers and pd/so?

Let the cops do their job, you do yours. Stay in your lane bud
I don't know why some people don't like Leo ?

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Prepare to be fucked by the long dick of the law.

-Deal with the dumbest shitheads on earth day after day after day
-Everyone hates their guts because they can’t do what they want, whenever they want
-On duty, everyone they interact with is a possible threat, and even off duty with their family and friends they could be a target for revenge.

That’s the reason most cops are dicks on duty. It’s built in, and I don’t blame them.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Prepare to be fucked by the long dick of the law.

-Deal with the dumbest shitheads on earth day after day after day
-Everyone hates their guts because they can’t do what they want, whenever they want
-On duty, everyone they interact with is a possible threat, and even off duty with their family and friends they could be a target for revenge.

That’s the reason most cops are dicks on duty. It’s built in, and I don’t blame them.
I would have to disagree with a lot probably most of what you said there, cops are people too there’s assholes and there’s good guys just like everyone else in every day life.

In my humble opinion most people have a love-hate relationship with law-enforcement. We don’t want to get tickets or get in trouble for something we think is bullshit but most people are sure glad when they show up when the shit hits the fan.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
So if someone reported hearing gunfire in the area should LEO not respond based upon your professional disposition? How would you feel if there was a shooting and they did not respond as you said any sounds of gunfire is code 4....Would you assume all responsibility for the deaths and liability assumed by the officers and pd/so?

Let the cops do their job, you do yours. Stay in your lane bud
Only it was not gun fire and sounds nothing like it. I don't have a prob with them rolling up, what I have an issue with is having explained things too them a couple hours before i should not habe to waste 20 mins of my time explaining it again and showing them what I was doing.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
I would have to disagree with a lot probably most of what you said there, cops are people too there’s assholes and there’s good guys just like everyone else in every day life.

In my humble opinion most people have a love-hate relationship with law-enforcement. We don’t want to get tickets or get in trouble for something we think is bullshit but most people are sure glad when they show up when the shit hits the fan.
Agree to disagree. There are definitely assholes and good guys, but they are a product of their surroundings..on duty. I’m at my desk counting beans all day, do you think I have the same mentality than a cop stopping low lifes all day with the possibility of getting killed? It’s a hell of a lot easier for me to be relaxed and easy going. Half of my groomsmen are LE and I fly a thin blue line at my house in support. It’s a tough job I’d never want to do.

Backlash

Reaction score
Quotas are illegal $hot, so that throws that theory out the window. Most of the guys who are doing the job of a LEO are good guys. Sure, there are assholes, but it's that way in EVERY profession. Not every single roofer is a nice polite person. Not every single bartender is cool and laid back. Stop painting a picture with such a broad brush folks. Until you've put yourself in the same positions as a police officer or other first responder, you may not know what they deal with on a regular basis.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Gotcha but you did say you literally laughed in his face so that's not respect in my eyes IMO have a good day.........
You get what you give. Give respect get respect.

Yeah, you gonna say its 2 way. But not when you approach me with no respect.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

$hot

To say what? :)
Reaction score
Quotas are illegal $hot, so that throws that theory out the window. Most of the guys who are doing the job of a LEO are good guys. Sure, there are assholes, but it's that way in EVERY profession. Not every single roofer is a nice polite person. Not every single bartender is cool and laid back. Stop painting a picture with such a broad brush folks. Until you've put yourself in the same positions as a police officer or other first responder, you may not know what they deal with on a regular basis.
Prove that they are illegal! I'm not painting with a big brush. All I'm saying is that they have to justify asking for equal or more amount of money in future budgets. How is that done?! By producing more numbers than the year before. Boy sure sounds like an unofficial quota to me. We all have to justify our jobs to bean counters. It's real life, maybe you should go to a city council meeting

rrrr

Reaction score
Everyone "thanks" them for their services until the flashing lights come on behind them.
I find many of those thank yous sound hollow.

The last time I got stopped there was nothing to do but own it. I was doing 93 in a HOV lane, speed limit was 65 and I was alone in the car.

There wasn't gonna be any getting out of that. I told the cop I was sorry for driving like an idiot, he wrote out the citations and we parted ways.

I hadn't been ticketed in 21 years. I paid one of those yellow pages attorneys $85 and he got it reduced to deferred adjudication. Don't ask me how. I didn't even have to appear.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I have never called on LE for help, but LA County has flown me from the scene of an accident. I am very grateful for that. On that same day, the CHP officer (Whom I was told was first on scene, but figured I was dead) apparently tried to interview me in the hospital ER. He walked into the waiting room, and informed my parents I was a smartass. I am sure my parents probably took this as a good sign, as I was and still am. I don't know what he asked, or what I said...that was 40hrs after a rollover ejection...My only memory after the helicopter that evening was a cath:eek:

Point being, the sheriff's in the bird were very cool. The unit on the ground wasn't so much, according to my parents. Most of us would see them as all being on the same team. Maybe he had a bad day, maybe he was told to get a statement from me. My day was just peachy, I assure you. Different people, different mentalities.

Backlash

Reaction score
Prove that they are illegal! I'm not painting with a big brush. All I'm saying is that they have to justify asking for equal or more amount of money in future budgets. How is that done?! By producing more numbers than the year before. Boy sure sounds like an unofficial quota to me. We all have to justify our jobs to bean counters. It's real life, maybe you should go to a city council meeting

No need for me to prove anything to you Mr. $hot. As far as my knowledge of city government goes, I may have a little more experience than you know. ;) I've been to my fair share of city council meetings and have firsthand knowledge of what goes on during those meetings and what sometimes happens behind closed doors. But thank you for pointing me in that direction anyways. :D

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
When cops treat me like a criminal, and are condescending assholes, I return the favor.
But I don’t mind getting hooked when I have the time to spare, and let them know I’ll gladly assist them in creating paperwork for no reason and with no results.
Cops are people, not robots.

I could never be a cop. I have mad respect for those that can be cops, but have no respect for bully’s dressed as cops.
Playing the “yes sir” game when being harrased wears thin on me pretty fast, and I’m not scared to let them know it.
Fortunately the majority of my contacts over near 60 years have been professional and courteous.
But there has been a few times where I told them to fuck off.
I know that investigators hate it when you follow them around in your car.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
just because a civilian or myself doesn’t agree with you
Does not make me a cop hater.
I get give job is dangerous and that certain demographics are encouraged to be vocal about disliking you but you need to chill and stop using it for a bandaid excuse in future.
Anyways. Stay safe and thanks for your public service.

Sean (Hula) will handle this when he gets back to his dock. :)

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score

Many states such as California have specific laws which make them illegal. Having authored multiple law enforcement grant' applications for crime prevention and technology over the past 33 years along with the after action reports I can tell you that while statistical information is reported there are no mandated quotas attached to the funding approvals.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Many states such as California have specific laws which make them illegal. Having authored multiple law enforcement grant' applications for crime prevention and technology over the past 33 years along with the after action reports I can tell you that while statistical information is reported there are no mandated quotas attached to the funding approvals.

100%, just ask the two motor officers who were paid out 2 and 3 million each respectively after being retaliated against for being asked to issue a certain number of citations.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
What kind of reply is that? Don't YOU have the burden of proof to back the claims YOU made? Gotta thank Allah you aren't a defense attorney lol

Jfc

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
You know, if Merc's release was really the "release of all releases" brought by Moses down the mountain:eek:...we wouldn't have time for this.

I blame the 450!

:p:D

BONER

Reaction score
So I got called a Democrat last night on IG, by a self proclaimed 30 year Cop, because I asked where safety glasses were, while firing a Rifle.....

Again, stellar Professionalism.

Screenshot_20190619-074235_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20190619-074247_Instagram.jpg

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Your point is?
It's misguided children, shit talking is what Marines do. You handled yourself and sent it back. What's the problem?

BONER

Reaction score
Your point is?
It's misguided children, shit talking is what Marines do. You handled yourself and sent it back. What's the problem?

Hey thanks for the News Flash. I had NO IDEA what Marines do. Sir, I know exactly what Marines are all about.

Again, just another Cop butting his fat little Snout into a convo that had nothing to do with him, and didn't understand the context, all while going against weapons safety. LMAO

I just don't get it.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
What do you expect. He continued to shove his foot so far down his throat about the DLA

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the News Flash. I had NO IDEA what Marines do. Sir, I know exactly what Marines are all about.

Again, just another Cop butting his fat little Snout into a convo that had nothing to do with him, and didn't understand the context, all while going against weapons safety. LMAO

I just don't get it.

And plumbers, machinists, investment brokers don’t do the exact same thing on this message board daily?
His job has nothing to do with his remarks.
You don’t get a pass to run your thoughts and he doesn’t, especially on a Marine IG posting.
It’s equal opportunity

BONER

Reaction score
And plumbers, machinists, investment brokers don’t do the exact same thing on this message board daily?
His job has nothing to do with his remarks.
You don’t get a pass to run your thoughts and he doesn’t, especially on a Marine IG posting.
It’s equal opportunity

So a LEO promoting shitty and unsafe weapons handling advice is ok with you. Am I understanding that properly? To me, it's just being a Dumb Fuck.

If you could stop talking like I don't know anything about the Marine Corps, that'd be great, btw. This Clown is obviously not a Jarhead, so not really sure where he gets off acting like the little Oinker he is, in a subject he knows nothing about.

Here's you promote Free Speech again.......................... Even more opportunity for this Guy to embarrass himself. Don't worry about Cops showing their Ass (which is the entire point of this Thread), just Free Speech.

This Thread is about Cops acting unprofessional. I posted another example.

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
So a LEO promoting shitty and unsafe weapons handling advice is ok with you. Am I understanding that properly? To me, it's just being a Dumb Fuck.

If you could stop talking like I don't know anything about the Marine Corps, that'd be great, btw. This Clown is obviously not a Jarhead, so not really sure where he gets off acting like the little Oinker he is, in a subject he knows nothing about.

Here's you promote Free Speech again.......................... Even more opportunity for this Guy to embarrass himself. Don't worry about Cops showing their Ass (which is the entire point of this Thread), just Free Speech.

Seriously? C'mon man, it's time to grow up. Glasses no glasses who gives a fuck that's his choice.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I think some of you are just throwing irrelevant shit at the wall to see what sticks, I think we all know it’s a good idea to wear safety glasses when doing many different tasks however myself I don’t necessarily wear safety glasses all the time it just depends. Yes, I am in ignorant moron, and someday I may pay for a poor decision.

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
do ya'll not have anything else to complain about or be shitty to?

Again, just another Cop butting his fat little Snout into a convo that had nothing to do with him, and didn't understand the context, all while going against weapons safety.

This Clown is obviously not a Jarhead, so not really sure where he gets off acting like the little Oinker he is, in a subject he knows nothing about.

The assumption of all LE being unprofessional is really sad. Its exactly how people everywhere conduct themselves these day. Police, FF, Business Men, priest, Nurses, even lowly bean counters like myself can be assholes. Why be nice anymore? There are unprofessional's every.fucking.where. And it's threads like this and people like this that perpetuate it.

Universal Elements

Reaction score
660C0725-517E-4CBF-9553-E4F5C5645654.jpeg
A45AEEBF-4B63-4CCD-B848-1EFC3F439965.jpeg

Yeah no shit! I’ve got real problems with my BMW. Went to the service advisor and told him I couldn’t get the stock tires to hook up & hold down the 1100 hp to the road. He looked at me with deer eyes of wtf. So I’m gonna try these 325’s OEM with a wide body and see if it works. Carry on with the LE questioning/interrogations. Lol

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
View attachment 765976 View attachment 765977

Yeah no shit! I’ve got real problems with my BMW. Went to the service advisor and told him I couldn’t get the stock tires to hook up & hold down the 1100 hp to the road. He looked at me with deer eyes of wtf. So I’m gonna try these 325’s OEM with a wide body and see if it works. Carry on with the LE questioning/interrogations. Lol

LOL Have you tried a different prop? :D

$hot

To say what? :)
Reaction score
100%, just ask the two motor officers who were paid out 2 and 3 million each respectively after being retaliated against for being asked to issue a certain number of citations.
Right, so by winning the lawsuits they have proven that even though they are illegal in some areas they are still being implemented by agencies.
I'm not saying there is a documented number that they have to meet, but when a supervisor is standing in front of the patrol officers telling them that numbers are down... Sounds very similar to a quota to me.

No need for me to prove anything to you Mr. $hot. As far as my knowledge of city government goes, I may have a little more experience than you know. ;) I've been to my fair share of city council meetings and have firsthand knowledge of what goes on during those meetings and what sometimes happens behind closed doors. But thank you for pointing me in that direction anyways. :D

Your probably the guy that sits there and licks the window because you have no idea what's going on.

https://www.thenewspaper.com/news/63/6389.asp

http://www.ca4.uscourts.gov/opinions/Unpublished/011718.U.pdf

http://www.landlinemag.com/story.aspx?storyid=71826

https://www.npr.org/2015/04/04/395061810/despite-laws-and-lawsuits-quota-based-policing-lingers

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

BONER

Reaction score
Seriously? C'mon man, it's time to grow up. Glasses no glasses who gives a fuck that's his choice.

Again, not about the Glasses. If this Gentleman was in fact a Jarhead, he'd know the origination of my post.

Grow up? Lol, I'm not the one running around promoting shitty gun safety and calling people Democrats, when they are in fact not Democrats (This is exactly how Democrats act btw)

One more time from the Cheap Seats:

THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT UNPROFESSIONAL COPS. I JUST POSTED AN EXAMPLE.

Last edited:

BONER

Reaction score

The assumption of all LE being unprofessional is really sad. Its exactly how people everywhere conduct themselves these day. Police, FF, Business Men, priest, Nurses, even lowly bean counters like myself can be assholes. Why be nice anymore? There are unprofessional's every.fucking.where. And it's threads like this and people like this that perpetuate it.

I never assumed shit. I never said all LEO's are unprofessional either. You're not much different than the Clown calling me a Democrat. More assumptions. I posted a Fact.

FYI, I think LEO's should be taken off the Leash and start fuckin' crackin' Skulls. The Shitheads in todays Society need to be treated like Shitheads. But Cops can't do shit anymore because of cameras, Police Brutality, and basically a Society of nothing but Political Correct Pussies....