WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Another RETIREMENT thread...

Gelcoater

Reaction score
How many of you don't plan on retiring? Am I the only one?

I own my own business, my son is planning on taking over one day. I like what I do and dealing with 90% of the people I deal with.

I'd love to just keep my office, let my kid and staff take over. I will always need a place to come to. I figure if I retired, my wife would beat my ass within 48 hours of me following her around and bugging her all day.

I hope to work or not work as much as I want, travel, fish, golf, and when I'm bored with that, come into the office a few hours a day a few days a week, if for nothing else to be a thorn in my kids side.

Anyone else have no desire to fully retire
It’s 2019, stop thinking like it’s 1979.
You have a cell phone, a lap top, all the convinces afforded to man.
Why “retire”?
You can, in one day walk in, look around and know if things are being done as directed.
You can get security cams to watch in real time what’s going on in the shop.

No one “needs” to retire anymore. Just find the right staff to get shit done while you go live life.

TCHB

Reaction score
Why “retire”?
You can, in one day walk in, look around and know if things are being done as directed.

No one “needs” to retire anymore. Just find the right staff to get shit done while you go live life.

The biggest thing about not working is the mental work of always being on the clock. Once you move on to your new adventure that pressure ends. I would travel all over the country to attend meetings. That is not a vacation. Now we travel and we have no thoughts of our previous life. I think people are afraid to leave work because that is where they get their importance and value which is ok.

Note I had cell phones, lap tops and ended up working more than the good old days when all I had was a phone on my desk.

Have fun making your decisions and remember time does run out.

brgrcru

Reaction score
Why “retire”?

yes very true , but the headache and stress, will still be there.

I have had this conversation in my head.
I have come to the conclusion. I'm selling out , getting rid of my properties and business. fuck that
take the money and run.