WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

People keep asking me what happened..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Last night was again one if the worst nights ever.. ended up BSB’s king in pain till almost 5:00 am and passed out. Up at 8:00 for the next round of pain meds.

Foot is swollen in the splint and feels like it’s trying to break it.

Have no idea how in the f we are gonna make a run to havasi

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
Last night was again one if the worst nights ever.. ended up BSB’s king in pain till almost 5:00 am and passed out. Up at 8:00 for the next round of pain meds.

Dave are the pain meds really helping? after my 12 knee surgeries and 2 shoulder surgeries I have totally given up on prescription pain meds. For me muscle relaxers and ibuprofen are the best. 10mg of Valium and 800mg of ibuprofen do the trick for a few hours. Also if your doc will give it to you soma does good. One thing is they really helped me get sleep.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
God damn.....ouch...lol. Get better dude. This shit would be driving me nuts if I was you.

oldschool

Reaction score
Sounds like you need a dose of “Suck it up!”.

Singleton

Reaction score

Don’t rush it. You have great Dr’s where you are at. We all know you want to see the kids, but make sure you get it under control before you head home. You don’t want a Havasu Dr to get involved and try a different pain mgmt theory.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dave are the pain meds really helping? after my 12 knee surgeries and 2 shoulder surgeries I have totally given up on prescription pain meds. For me muscle relaxers and ibuprofen are the best. 10mg of Valium and 800mg of ibuprofen do the trick for a few hours. Also if your doc will give it to you soma does good. One thing is they really helped me get sleep.
Damn Gramps, I've got nothing to complain about with only 5 knee surgeries and 2 shoulder surgeries! I agree with you though, it is muscle relaxers and ibuprofen that help me too. Good for about 4 hours. Get well Dave, it will suck for the first 72 hours or so.

oldschool

Reaction score
Don’t rush it. You have great Dr’s where you are at. We all know you want to see the kids, but make sure you get it under control before you head home. You don’t want a Havasu Dr to get involved and try a different pain mgmt theory.
X2. Listen to what they, doctors, tell you. If they say you need to stay longer, stay longer. I know it sucks sitting in the hospital but until you can get a handle on the pain you’re better in there. I’m sure everyone’s told you this a million times, but stay ahead of the pain right now. If the meds aren’t working tell them and try something else. Patients man.

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

I would go down to the hospital in a few months and beat the living shit outa the PT that told you to walk.

Then punch yourself in the face for trying to prove you could do it! Holy fuck!!

Is this the first surgery you've ever had? Being still is the best thing you can do right now brother. It's going to be hard, but it will put this behind you sooner.

Let people wait on you hand and foot (no pun intended). . You'll find a way to pay em back someday.

Be still friend. Be still. Havi aint goin no where, and healing properly is gonna affect the rest of your life.

Good luck Dave...

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
If the Doc that did your surgery says you can roll,Load up on 4 motrin and hit the road for LHC.Look into Therapy when you get home.You need understand your Surgeon is not in the Therapy business.trash the fucking pills,tell them you want Motrin & Vicodin.
You guys have done incredible getting this thing handled.After 12 years @RDP,gotta say the friendship of the Kean family and Lynch always been obvious.Well Done.

dezrtracer

Reaction score
Get home soon Dave .. You'll feel much better once you get settled back in your own house ....

DB / HAV

Reaction score
My daughter broke a bone in her foot a week before you broke your leg. Broke it in Havasu & Her surgery was in Mission Viejo & they put a plate in. Went back yesterday to remove the temp cast & stitches but they left the stitches in because it wasn’t healing quick enough. Dr said she has to stop moving around so much...Dave, try to keep it from moving as much as possible. I’m in the Irvine area a lot. If I can help with anything, just let me know. I can’t imagine how much pain you must be in.

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score
RD. Been following this thread and sending positive prayers and thoughts you way. As many have stated don’t rush the process and let nature take its course. We hope you get back to Havi before we head back to San Clemente. Send me a text if Stacy needs anything. I texted you last week but don’t know if you got it? Be well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
God damn Johnson. Suck it up and get out to havasu , you pussy. I want to drink your beer

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I am in my way Milk Money!!

44CD6A4F-C4D1-4FE7-AA09-E1D304BA2543.jpeg
1FC5B56F-BD09-496D-9500-C0301E811EB4.jpeg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
RD. Been following this thread and sending positive prayers and thoughts you way. As many have stated don’t rush the process and let nature take its course. We hope you get back to Havi before we head back to San Clemente. Send me a text if Stacy needs anything. I texted you last week but don’t know if you got it? Be well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think I saw a text from you? Text me again

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
You can't ride much better than this in any private vehicle. Your new Burb definitely fits this task. Safe and comfortable travels.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Nice thing is traffic is often light on the actual holiday. Safe Travels for the two RD's. :D

buck35

Reaction score
And still no seatbelt...:D hope you have a safe and unadventurous trip home .:cool:

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
It’s by design we are driving today. We figured traffic, as well this would be better pain wise than yesterday.

Plus Billdo wanted us out if the house for the holiday. :D

I just wanted to reunite you with your children. You guys make it home yet?

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Happy you made it home!

Be prepared to bite your lip and suck it up...at some point a kid will accidently bump your foot. It's worth it though;)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Happy you made it home!

Be prepared to bite your lip and suck it up...at some point a kid will accidently bump your foot. It's worth it though;)

My son did it bad before we left. Actually angled my foot about ten degrees.. lol.

With sweat coming off my forehead and steam out of my ears I told him to be careful.. and that I loved him.

JB in so cal

Reaction score
My son did it bad before we left. Actually angled my foot about ten degrees.. lol.

With sweat coming off my forehead and steam out of my ears I told him to be careful.. and that I loved him.
You should do the same with GRADS....:)

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Here goes.
The foot is one of the furthest extremities from the brain. :D
Pain meds are not going to react to the foot/ankle as say an arm. Many extra miles for nerve travel so to say. Sounds like you are going to have more than a few sleepless nights. It sucks. I know this well. Had a guy drop a full 100 lbs propane tank upright on my foot like a lead shot hammer from 3 feet.
The important part is to let it heal but maintain mobility, aka what the docs say and to suck up some pain without meds. To much mobility and you are risking the foot. Not enough and you could be facing a severe disability for a long time.

The injury is # f'n 1 unless you want to be called skipper.
Stick around home or the shop for awhile. No boating Dave. Nothing to gain there.

CarpeDiem
Thoughts are with you and the Fam

BeerMaker

"B" Team Token Black Guy
Reaction score
Hope you feel better Dave.

Nothing worse than losing our mobility. We all take it so fore granted , and when its gone, its just frustrating as hell!

I broke my tib/fib years ago and was in a cast for a year. I didnt do surgery, and regret it now. All kinds of ailments from it.
Damn... A year?! I can only imagine how atrophied your leg muscles were at the end. I had a buddy have a complete achilles tendon rupture. After surgery, he was in a cast forever it seemed. When he came out of the cast his calf was tiny and soft. We'd mess with him, poking it and calling it a titty calf lol. Yea we were much younger.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I’m sure everyone’s told you this a million times, but stay ahead of the pain right now. If the meds aren’t working tell them and try something else. Patients man.

So true, you really have to stay ahead of the pain, that way you will decrease those extremely painful episodes during the night. If that means Stacey setting the alarm at 2am to give you meds, do it. I'm also a believer in ice and elevation, we have a few ice machines (cold water therapy) in the family for times like this. But again, I'm no doctor. Curious what pain meds they gave you?

Duffster

Reaction score
RD I bet there were cuss words on every bump in the road :). Heal up man hope you feel better soon. LKN North Carolina out!!!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Here goes.
The foot is one of the furthest extremities from the brain. :D
Pain meds are not going to react to the foot/ankle as say an arm. Many extra miles for nerve travel so to say. Sounds like you are going to have more than a few sleepless nights. It sucks. I know this well. Had a guy drop a full 100 lbs propane tank upright on my foot like a lead shot hammer from 3 feet.
The important part is to let it heal but maintain mobility, aka what the docs say and to suck up some pain without meds. To much mobility and you are risking the foot. Not enough and you could be facing a severe disability for a long time.

The injury is # f'n 1 unless you want to be called skipper.
Stick around home or the shop for awhile. No boating Dave. Nothing to gain there.

CarpeDiem
Thoughts are with you and the Fam

So true, you really have to stay ahead of the pain, that way you will decrease those extremely painful episodes during the night. If that means Stacey setting the alarm at 2am to give you meds, do it. I'm also a believer in ice and elevation, we have a few ice machines (cold water therapy) in the family for times like this. But again, I'm no doctor. Curious what pain meds they gave you?

Most the pain meds don’t really work for me unfortunately.. even morphine doesn’t seem to do shit?

The ones that work the best for me seem to be Percocet.

Honestly though it combined with IBPROFREN seems to be the best so far.. still sucks.

Like this morning woke up and was thinking it was gonna be a great day.. here I am on the couch a few hours later literally cursing every other word.. this mother fucker is on Fire today.. good lord

riverroyal

Reaction score
RD. Im here one more day if you need anything. Lounging by the pool

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
RD. Im here one more day if you need anything. Lounging by the pool

I have Stacy’s mom here for one more day taking care of me.. after that shits gonna get pretty real. Lol. But the girls kick ass when they are here.

If I showed you this fruit salad I had this morning.. wow! Amaze balls. Just finished up a Hawaiian roll ham sandwich.. I might actually gain back some of the 18 lbs I lost in the last 18 days.. lol

Foot still ducking killing me though

Timer just went off.. it’s perky time.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
How many MG of Iburprophen are you on? Be carefull mixing with booze, Iburprohpen is hell on your liver, but the perscription strength stuff rocks. Remember, it is an anti-inflamitory, so that'll help with the swelling.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
How many MG of Iburprophen are you on? Be carefull mixing with booze, Iburprohpen is hell on your liver, but the perscription strength stuff rocks. Remember, it is an anti-inflamitory, so that'll help with the swelling.

Taking 400 every 4 hours.. over the counter stuff.

I have been drinkin beers with it but not a ton. I haven’t slept in weeks so if I have 4/5 beers now I pretty much pass out for a few hours.

River Runnin

Reaction score
You need to try that acupuncture shit! Take a needle and stick your opposite little toe when the pain perks up! :confused:;)