WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What are you listening to, right now?

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
I probably have posted this before but I was laying on a concrete floor on Sunset Boulevard at the Kaleidoscope which had previously been the Aquarius theater... The Canned Heats manager Skip Taylor had taken it over and removed all the seats..so I laid flat on my back on the concrete while they did this live recording ( pretty sure I must’ve rolled up a fat one and smoked it ) Everything went so well both sides of one of the discs of a double album were these two sets...probably late ‘67...And Skip Taylor is still Canned Heats manager to this day...

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Geldof wrote this in the aftermath of one of the first school shootings, Brenda Spencer’s elementary school rampage in San Diego in 1979

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I wore this album out...twice.
This song likely contributed to my first divorce. I’d get really stoned late at night and put my 2 Kenwood tower speakers (1000W home system) about 3 feet apart and lay down on the floor with my head between them and crank it up!
I remember opening my eyes and she'd be standing over me yelling...but damned if I could hear her!

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
I wore this album out...twice.
This song likely contributed to my first divorce. I’d get really stoned late at night and put my 2 Kenwood tower speakers (1000W home system) about 3 feet apart and lay down on the floor with my head between them and crank it up!
I remember opening my eyes and she'd be standing over me yelling...but damned if I could hear her!

That’s too funny. When we got the bimmer 05, very hardy stereo, I’d sit in the garage, more than half baked on a Saturday night, blasting whatever I was in the mood for that night.
More than once wife marched in on me like “ can we tone it down a bit”.

Yea, whatever. :D

BONER

Reaction score
Led Zeppelin - Traveling Riverside Blues

Reactions: Kel

BONER

Reaction score
Bluesy mix today on Pandora....

ZZ Top - A Fool For Your Stockings

BONER

Reaction score
Black Sabbath - Children Of The Grave

Your ad here

Reaction score
The bass in this song kicks ass. His music is pretty funny. Candy licker, LOL

Kel

Reaction score
Lies,lies and more lies! Can't a girl get some truth ?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Kel

Reaction score
Okay that's better. I turned up the volume and I I hear now is bad ass rock n roll!
Clapton crossroads fest 2007. . BB king, grand finally. Must be 30 legends playing Thrill is gone.
So excited to attend in Dallas this fall. YAY YAY YAY

C-2

Reaction score
So last Tuesday my 16-year old daughter and I saw Brit Floyd...

All I can say is f=u=c=k=i=n=g W-O-W!

In my day I've seen every big band there is/was, went to the US Festivals, and I've also become a fan of musicals and have seen many, many shows, including every Andrew Lloyd Weber show, and Phantom of the Opera 6 times.

That said, Brit Floyd was probably the best concert I've ever seen. It was that good. Phantom is still king in my book, but this concert was stellar.

The show was 2.5 hours of music and a 20-minute intermission. Not once did the show ever grow old, not even when they played some of their less popular songs from the early 70's.

And, it really was a show. They celebrated the 40-year anniversary of "The Wall" and the musicians acted out several of the famous scenes from The Wall, including "The Trial," complete with the School Master and Judge, and "Wanna take a bath" acted out by cutie Eva Avila.

The music was loud.
The crowd was energetic.
You felt both the music, and the energy from the sold-out crowd.
The light show and lasers delivered.

And the musicians were second to none.

Eva Avila gave a show stopping performance of The Great Gig in the Sky, which earned her a much deserved standing ovation.

Anyhow, if you get the chance to see these guys and you are a Floyd fan - do it. I can't wait to see them again.

Not my vids below, but the same cast.

Comfortable Numb - the sound sucks but you get the idea. During the solo everything is blacked out while they lowered a ginormous disco ball that lit up the entire concert hall when the chords changed.

Eva Avila, a backup singer killed it. Fast forward to .45 where she starts to kill it.

My favorite of the night was Run Like Hell, they performed it for the encore. The crowd was on its feet and most everybody pumped their fist "Run, Run, Run" as the lightshow was going off in the background.

Kel

Reaction score
I'm not!

Kel

Reaction score
Unfortunately......
My mother...dont tell her her but yeah.she was right!!!
Damn it!