WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Slalom ski

575cat

Reaction score
What is out there for a slalom ski for me and easy to work with @ turning 60 , first time I tried skiing this weekend in 25 + years my old Obrian is way to short had to get up on two . Or if any body has a used decent ski for minimal use .

Riley1

Reaction score
What is out there for a slalom ski for me and easy to work with @ turning 60 , first time I tried skiing this weekend in 25 + years my old Obrian is way to short had to get up on two . Or if any body has a used decent ski for minimal use .

I'm planning to get one of these after I move.

RodnJen

Reaction score
The HO line has some good “free ride” options that are really nice. They are a little wider but still perform.

I’d like to get a ski made this century myself.

Riley1

Reaction score
I currently have an HO Triumph 71". Its alot of fun and kinda the "PRE" Freeride from HO Its always in the boat. So if you see me at the Damn Dam run or on mead or in Havasu. Hit me up and try it out. I do plan to get a FreeRide soon though as I plan to ski atleast 100 times more often once I move near Mead.

brgrcru

Reaction score
Connley outlaw, easy to ski , easy to get up on, skies well below 32 mph. can still go through a slalom course .
Little on the wider side but super fun ski.

Daytona47

Reaction score
Connley outlaw, easy to ski , easy to get up on, skies well below 32 mph. can still go through a slalom course .
Little on the wider side but super fun ski.
Been looking at this ski just trying to see what size to get im around 185-190.

REVENGE 97

Reaction score
You need a good used Maha 360, you would love it!.....If you don't find anything on here give Bob Maha a call He may have a good used ski for you, 707-272-2564

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Been looking at this ski just trying to see what size to get im around 185-190.
Under 200 lbs and in anywhere near decent shaoe, id suggest not going to a "wide body" ski. You're not heavy enough to need the extra lift and if you ever want to carve some deep turns, i think you may be disapointed on the slugishness of a big boy.

Id suggest looking for an intermediate/recreational ski like the Connelly HP or V or the like in a 68" with some good, sturdy, and supportive bindings.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

575cat

Reaction score
Forgot to mention Im around 205 was looking into the Conely outlaw 67 or ?? not for extreme skiing .

RodnJen

Reaction score
The Omni, Evo or Freeride would suit the needs of nearly all recreational skiers. Radar also has a couple good offerings.

brgrcru

Reaction score
I ski the outlaw through the course into 28 off. At 32 mph ,every Tuesday . it's a wider ski then a true course ski. I'm not looking to win any tournaments and slalom ski to have fun.
It's the Perfect ski for all around skiing ,
I will be 54 next month, at 197 lb and ski a 69" ski.
I can turn my outlaw hard and it holds through the wakes . Like I said I ski it through the course.
Read some reviews on it.
Dont get on a ski that , is just for course skiing, get on a fun ski that is easier , to get up on and easier to ski . You will have more fun.
The radar p6 also another great ski .

Most people are skiing on skies that are way over there heads.
Just my .o2

By the way, The big daddy is a big wide ski , you would be surprised how good it turns .
Proper technique is the key to great slalom waterskiing. Having the best course ski isn't.

575cat

Reaction score
Thanks for the input , yes I want a friendly ski I have to be able to walk & work the days afterwords ya know .

brgrcru

Reaction score
Forgot to mention Im around 205 was looking into the Conely outlaw 67 or ?? not for extreme skiing .

69" would work perfect .
I don't know what extreme skiing would be ?
If it's jumping the wake , pulling a back scratcher. And putting up walls of spray . Any good mid rs ge ski .
Any of these are good choices for fun behind the boat.
Connely outlaw , concept , v,
Radar p6
Ho evo
Ho any tx model, these are a little more aggressive , make sure to look for TX on ski.
OBrien. Synchro.

brgrcru

Reaction score
Thanks for the input , yes I want a friendly ski I have to be able to walk & work the days afterwords ya know .

I know there is no money , in waterskiing . I know first hand , and my Dad kept telling me the same .
Thank god I got over that at 20. Lol

575cat

Reaction score
Do you think the big daddy is too big for me @ 205 but then again suit , vest , wet ? that seems like a good price .

footer

looking for a v-drive
Reaction score
Four summers ago I tore a hamstring, and went looking for an easier ski to get up on than my HO Syndicate. I'm 208 lbs. The local ski shop let me try a Connelly Aspect in 67" and I ended up buying it. It's a little wider than a course ski, and noticably easier to get up with, but not rediculously wide. I dropped my ski speed from 34 to 31, and it turns really well. It doesn't have an adjustable fin, and the bindings are pretty soft, but it was only $390 with bindings.

racektm

Reaction score
This ski will do everything you need it to, its a little pricey, but it will last a lifetime!

2016-01-08_12.16.31_large.jpg

brgrcru

Reaction score
Do you think the big daddy is too big for me @ 205 but then again suit , vest , wet ? that seems like a good price .

The big daddy is a super easy to get up on and to ski on .
the problem is that it is upper easy to get up and ski.
what I mean , is that you start losing your technique on how to deep water start , and how much effort, it takes.
so going to a smaller width ski, eventually , will be even harder, once you have been skiing , on the Big daddy.
I would try, a more mid range .
skies for rec skiing $300--$600.

RVRKID

Reaction score
If your in Southern Cal you could borrow my HO to see how you like it.

575cat

Reaction score
The big daddy is a super easy to get up on and to ski on .
the problem is that it is upper easy to get up and ski.
what I mean , is that you start losing your technique on how to deep water start , and how much effort, it takes.
so going to a smaller width ski, eventually , will be even harder, once you have been skiing , on the Big daddy.
I would try, a more mid range .
skies for rec skiing $300--$600.
I dont something to big I think I am going to look into the Outlaw . Im in MN so borrowing skis are slim .

81eliminator

Reaction score
I dont something to big I think I am going to look into the Outlaw . Im in MN so borrowing skis are slim .
the problem with skis like the Big Daddy is they don't turn and they are short so they don't like rough water. if you just want to be dragged behind the boat they are ok

RodnJen

Reaction score
I have a Used Radar Satori I am willing to let go. $200 with size L / XL Boots. Shoot me a PM if you are interested. I bought it and a Delerium at the same time, and Loved the Delirium. Same concept as the HO Free Rides. Ski is in great shape. I have a bag for it too. It looks similar to this. https://www.miamiskinautiques.com/Radar-Satori-Water-Ski-2016-p/radar-satori-ski.htm

I always wondered about these. Can you lay it out when you want to, or just cruise and jump?

575cat

Reaction score
Yes dont want something to big to get beat up in choppy water .

wildone

You're a member.
Reaction score
I always wondered about these. Can you lay it out when you want to, or just cruise and jump?

I have't skied it enough to be totally honest. I'm only 5'8 and I took to the Shorter 2016 Delirium. It has turned into my Go to ski over my 360 and my Vertical Air.

From the few times i skied the Satori, i would say you can lay it out some what, cut, jump, cruise, kind of does it all. Now would I drop to my elbow and chase bouys on it? Probably not, but for open water where you want to do some hard carves, followed by a jump here and there it works great. The newer style free skis, like this, the Delirium and the HO's are made to ski 22-28MPH. At those speeds it's alot more fun and hurts a lot less when you catch an edge.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
the problem with skis like the Big Daddy is they don't turn and they are short so they don't like rough water. if you just want to be dragged behind the boat they are ok

At most I was a really good rec skiier. But I thought the Big Daddy was a fun ski. My dad bought one when he got older and had a hard time deep starting on our regular Connelly ski. I used the BD a few times and always had a blast.

brgrcru

Reaction score
I think the big daddy is best ski ever made for big guys , that still want to ski , have fun and yes it can still turn . Can it run a course , at 20 mph maybe . Lots of guys in our group ski it , and actually can tear it up for a big ski. I have too.
Slower speeds , longevity of skiing behind the boat. Not having to let go after 10 seconds skiing , is all
What big daddy is about

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
Try to find a place that rents water skis, you can try one or two different ski when you go out..

575cat

Reaction score
I think the big daddy is best ski ever made for big guys , that still want to ski , have fun and yes it can still turn . Can it run a course , at 20 mph maybe . Lots of guys in our group ski it , and actually can tear it up for a big ski. I have too.
Slower speeds , longevity of skiing behind the boat. Not having to let go after 10 seconds skiing , is all
What big daddy is about
I think I will go this route .