WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

28 Daytona blow out

Neil450

Reaction score
Boat is a 2008 28 Daytona icc twin 496 HOs with STD 1.50 XR drives no boxes looks to be 1in above the the sponsons. Has a tunnel tab stock bravo 30p I'm curious to what others have done to combat this I just added Max machine cavitation plates they helped a lot also my first twin engine boat so I am new to this

THE Cat Sass

Reaction score
I just posted a similar thread in the lounge. I just built a 28 speedster with 600SCI's and XR/SSM's with -2 shorty's and 1/2" spacers. I'm running 34P Max 5 props and 1.35 gears. I also have a tunnel tab. I bury the tab, bury the drives and once the nose lifts I have to start turning the wheel to the right and back to the left to send air to the props. It will start to gain RPM and pick up speed and at the point I have to be prepared to roll back the sticks as the props will blow out....80% of the time I can work the sticks (the port motor will still have traction and I give it more throttle which helps the Stbd prop gain more traction). If the port prop blows out in this process....time to start over! I think this is a characteristic of the 28 bottom.