WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Chicken kabobs

Socalx09

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone wants a recipe for Lebanese style chicken kabobs. Pretty easy.

Cube up some boneless chicken breast.
A few splashes of red vinegar. Can use white vinegar as well.
Apply a good amount of 100% olive oil.

Then apply a good amount of each of the spices. It’s really up to you how much you want, but a liberal amount of each is good.
Only spice to not go crazy on is the cinnamon and regular salt.

There’s a garlic sauce I’ll make tomorrow that goes great with it if you love garlic!

7D51A51D-FBE6-4E54-8262-AC484E8A9099.jpeg

33C4F415-50B5-4481-9D04-AAD72B59C763.jpeg

B756FA9D-5C62-41B1-9F45-45D94FBE9946.jpeg

Marinate for 24 hours before skewering. Soak wood skewers in water before hand.
7D2F9E53-656E-453A-B938-854EA8005936.jpeg

B3152E70-F162-4F09-8B51-FB7A5D076A8D.jpeg

Will have results tomorrow:)

motormonkey

Reaction score
Well, how did these turn out and what's the garlic sauce recipe? Looking to try these.

Socalx09

Reaction score
Ohh I forgot to update this! It was good:)

This is properly the best explained way I have read to make the garlic sauce. Same ingredients my grandma taught me except she adds lemon.

https://feelgoodfoodie.net/recipe/lebanese-garlic-sauce/

When you add the oil, it needs to be done realllly slowly. I am still not consistent on making the sauce perfect. So just be slow and add a little at a time. It’s a great kick of garlic with the chicken!

Also make with a lemon dressing salad.

Cut up some romaine lettuce. Then plus the lettuce in a bowl with cold water and ice for 15 minutes.

While it’s chilling-
Crush some garlic cloves really well, and then add a teaspoon of kosher salt and crush it up more. I have a mortar and a crusher. Not sure what you call the crusher tool.

Drain the water and ice out of the lettuce.

Squeeze about 1/2 cup or so of fresh lemon juice.

Add lemon juice and 1/2 cup of olive oil to the lettuce. Then add salt and garlic and mix well.

Enjoy!

golapsk

Reaction score
I’d love to try this recipe! I haven’t bought chicken in a while, mostly because it’s expensive. I was shocked when I see that in some stores, the prices almost doubled. With the inflation my meal budget is quite stiff, so I’m trying to invest in healthy products and don’t trust meats from grocery stores. Although, I’ve been craving chicken for a few days and my friend sent me https://costcofdb.com/the-complete-guide-to-costcos-chicken-prices-tips-and-hacks-costco-guides and now I think I’ll buy some frozen chicken to keep in the freezer, so I’ll have it when I need it.

Last edited:

Socalx09

Reaction score
The Trader Joe’s garlic tum (sauce) is seriously good if no one has tried it. Only my aunt and my grandma can make it better. I barely get it right with the slow pouring of the mixture of oil. Hummus is easy to make as well, but I’m lazy and it’s decent enough. A little olive oil and salt…

IMG_5553.jpeg

Done-it-again

Reaction score
The Trader Joe’s garlic tum (sauce) is seriously good if no one has tried it. Only my aunt and my grandma can make it better. I barely get it right with the slow pouring of the mixture of oil. Hummus is easy to make as well, but I’m lazy and it’s decent enough. A little olive oil and salt…

View attachment 1324095
That garlic dip/sauce is like crack, damn good. Just don’t head out for a night on the town after, if you do people will people will avoid you like the plague.