WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What is needed to install a RV 50 Amp receptacle at home?

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Maybe cheaper in the long run to get a smaller RV. If your running that kind of power when parked at home yore electric bill must be $$$ or even $$$$. :eek:

wishiknew

Reaction score
If it were me I would put a sub panel in the garage.

You’re already going through the effort of reworking the panel layout so you can get breaker space.

From there you can add a 50amp receptacle. Plus you have room for expansion down the road.

There’s a few moving parts to this and every time electrical advice is given it seems to turn into a shit show lol. I would hire an electrician.

We’d be at 1500-2k to set the panel and add the receptacle based upon what you’ve posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree 100%

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
.., A screwdriver and a couple of Dykes should do it ..:

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Damn..
Single phase 100 amp 120v circuit for one mobile appliance.
:eek:
Just the receptacle for that connection is $250.
Efficiency will never come up in that conversation. :D

rrrr

Reaction score
It's a 240 volt requirement, not 120.

DaBank

Reaction score
Some of the comments are funny. I appreciate everyone's input.
I am a perfectionist my entire life and have always done everything the correct way and have never cut any corners.
I agree that most DIY projects should be done by professional's but it is harder and harder to find someone now that does not cause damages,sloppy finish work and knows how to clean up when they are done.
I do not look at my DIY as saving money because if I paid myself I would be the most expensive person for the job in most cases.

DaBank

Reaction score
When you get done with these guys you will have a nuclear power plant in your side yard.. lol

Am I the only one that wants to see the coach? 100 amp? Jesus!
Dave you might be correct. I might need to tear down the house and start over, I am looking into that option today:D......I would ask what equipment I should use for the job but I am sure by the end of the day I would end up owning a equipment yard!! Lol

20181112_100840.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DaBank

Reaction score
Maybe cheaper in the long run to get a smaller RV. If your running that kind of power when parked at home yore electric bill must be $$$ or even $$$$. :eek:
You are probably correct. I just want to be able to plug it in when it is at my house to keep the batteries charged and not to have the generator going when loading up for a trip.
The main reason for this project is because I am buying 8 new Lifeline batteries, that is a whole different conversation and a much costlier DIY install.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
You are probably correct. I just want to be able to plug it in when it is at my house to keep the batteries charged and not to have the generator going when loading up for a trip.
The main reason for this project is because I am buying 8 new Lifeline batteries, that is a whole different conversation and a much costlier DIY install.

Have you bought the batteries yet?

DaBank

Reaction score
Have you bought the batteries yet?
No. I will in the next couple of weeks. I need to get it serviced and all new airbags installed first. The lifelines are 6 years old and have been bad since the beginning of the year. The best thing for these batteries are to make sure the coach is plugged in at all times and that is why I want to install 50 amp at home.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
No. I will in the next couple of weeks. I need to get it serviced and all new airbags installed first. The lifelines are 6 years old and have been bad since the beginning of the year. The best thing for these batteries are to make sure the coach is plugged in at all times and that is why I want to install 50 amp at home.

I put the full river batteries in my Hallett and have been extremely happy with them. I have some contacts over there if you are interested

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score

Well hopefully you still have my contact info.

DaBank

Reaction score
I put the full river batteries in my Hallett and have been extremely happy with them. I have some contacts over there if you are interested
They are priced lower than Lifelines. I have not heard anything really bad about them besides they do not live up to the gold standard of Lifelines. With that said I would be interested in what price you would be able to get. Thank you, Frank